Author Topic: I got a deer on opening day!!!???  (Read 1461 times)

Offline squirrel_hunter6

• Trade Count: (0)
I got a deer on opening day!!!???
« on: November 26, 2002, 09:20:17 AM »
:evil:

On the opening day of deer season here in Alabama I got a 3 point buck, my first one!  He was about 120 pounds.

The only problem is I got it with my car! It was 5:00 in the morning and I was on my way to Eva, AL to go deer hunting on my friends land. I was cruising down higway 20 just before the I-65 interchange going 65mph when  :shock: a buck ran in front of me. I didn't even have time to hit the brakes. I smashed into him and turned that dude into a reindeer! He flew about 50 feet and went head first into a gaurdrail.

That dang deer totaled my car. I will admit it wasn't much of a car but it was all I had :( .

I want every body out there to kill as many deer for me as possible! Take'em down and don't show mercy.  :twisted:  :blaster:  :twisted:

What are the odds of hitting a deer on the opening day of deer season while on the way to go deer hunting? The odds have got to be small!

Well, at least I got to vent that out. I think that I will stick to squirrel hunting.  :?

[/img]
Squirrels are my game but, Jesus is my LIFE!   8)

Offline Frog123

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2002, 10:42:30 AM »
Sorry about that squirrel hunter,

My brother had something similar happen to him last year. He had just gotten a brand new dodge pick up, Had left the dealership and was on his way to do some scouting for fall turkeys when a 120 lb doe ran out in front of him. Too late, impact at 55 mph. He carried it back to the dealership and all they had to say was sorry about you luck, his insurance agent wasn't much more sympathetic. People often wonder why we kill as many deer as we do. I figure for every one I shoot it's one less I don't have to worry about hitting.

Frog
Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time....ES

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2002, 11:40:23 PM »
Back in October of '99 Rick Brown, JungleRat and me got together for a hunt at Rick's camp in SW GA. This was the first time Rick or I either had met JR but Rick and I had met and already knew each other.

On the way down from NC JR hit two deer with his little Ranger pickingup truck. Didn't do that much damage as yours but he hit two on the way to that hunt. Wasn't an opening morning but was a first hunt for us together.

BTW All three of our versions of that week long experience are on the Camp Fire Tales Page accessable from the Main Page of this site if anyone wants to read about it. We had a blast.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!