Author Topic: Where to find info on gun laws  (Read 523 times)

Offline jpuke

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Contributor
Where to find info on gun laws
« on: November 04, 2004, 08:25:02 AM »
I live in Nebraska, a non CCW state, and I'm always wondering what's legal and what isn't.  I'm specifically wondering about when I can have a gun in a car, in what condition, etc. and if it's legal to keep a sidearm in the open when I'm outside camping, fishing or whatever.  I've gone to packing.org but there isn't much.  Do I bother asking a LEO?  Any ideas on where to find the info would be appreciated.

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004, 11:26:23 AM »
jpuke:  You should be able to contact either your local licensing authority, if you have one, or Nebraska's Attorney General's Office.  They have or should have all that information.  And you should be able to contact them easily through your computer and should even be able to pose specific questions.  

They may even refer you to your State Conservation Department (huntin' and fishin' folk) if you intend or desire to hunt/fish public lands, or some of the relative laws that apply to your concealed carry may even fall under their regulations.  I'm certain they too would have a web-site with helpful information.  Good luck.  HTH.  Mikey.

Offline jhm

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2004, 11:27:01 AM »
The state police and your game and fish dept. should be of some help, also some info might be avail. at your local library, and a last resort would to ask a lawyer where info might be avail. :D    JIM

Offline twodollarpistol

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2004, 12:10:33 AM »
Go to www.packing.org. Plenty of good info. :D
The Lord didnt create anything without a purpose, but mosquitoes come close. :D

Offline TOGO

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2004, 03:19:41 PM »
This should tell you what you need to know. http://www.lcav.org/states/nebraska.asp