Author Topic: T & E guns  (Read 439 times)

Offline Win50

• Trade Count: (0)
T & E guns
« on: November 08, 2004, 01:13:01 PM »
Had occasion to get a line on some T&E guns (used Test and Evaluation weapons).  Sent new to PD's, different calibers and types, unknown amount of use, still have papers and warranty so they've not been issues.  

Since I'm in the market for another .40-.45 cal. (possible for CC), but can't afford a "ton-o-money" (kid in school)...wondered if these were nice pieces to find (assuming they're not 2+ yrs old after 10,000 rounds etc).  Sort of the original "Dealer Exec" cars of the 60's-70's vs. the present "program, fleet, rental" stuff that now seems to be covered in the category of "similar".  

I don't have anything against a "broken in" piece. Just don't want something that's ready to blow up in my hand.  caveat emptor I believe is the term (buyer beware?), I'm sure.

Just your thoughts and experiences would help decide to go see or run from these items.

As always, this is a great place to get knowledgable opinions.  :-)  :-)  :D
Win50
Beretta 96FS .40 w/CTC Laser Grips
Win Mod 50 w/vent rib
Win Mod 94
Rem 700 ADL .270 w/Leupold
Lookin for .357 wheel and Legacy

Offline 44 Man

• Trade Count: (28)
T & E guns
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2004, 04:12:08 AM »
I seriously doubt that those gun have any amount of wear on them.  We reciently received some SIGs for evaluation.  One man was responsable for the guns and they got passed around at the range with several officers firing a few rounds thru them.  I don't think any of them had over 250 rounds thru them.  The dept bought new guns from them, in the process switching from 9mm to 40s&w.  And it still all came down to price.  SIG offered the .40s for $200 less than any other caliber.  Guess you would say they were pushing the .40s!  I don't think you can go wrong with one of those guns.  We have all heard of the FBI gun test where they push 10,000 rounds thru the test guns, but I have never heard of any of those guns being sold.  They go back to the manufacturer for study.  44 Man
You are never too old to have a happy childhood!