Author Topic: Lead Slead Tames the Savage Beasts  (Read 427 times)

Offline HuntenNut

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Lead Slead Tames the Savage Beasts
« on: November 08, 2004, 01:19:09 PM »
OK, I'm a gadget guy. I recently saw this shooting rest by Caldwell called the Lead Sled. Its a shooting rest that has a tray that holds up to 100lbs of lead shot, and the butt fits into a cradle. When the gun is fired, the recoil is absorbed by the rest, pretty cool idea.

I recently picked one up through http://www.sportsmansguide.com where I get a lot of my shooting stuff.

I worked it out really well over the weeked with 2 days and over 75 12ga slugs, most of which were the high powered stuff, fired, and over 100rds of 44mag rifle. I did fire some of the slugs from field positions, but that lead sled really works. Without it, there's no way my shoulder would have put up with 75 big 12ga slug rounds in 2 days.

Offline Flingarrows

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2004, 03:32:13 PM »
i saw that on a commercial during Jim Shockeys hunting show. how much are they going for?

Offline HuntenNut

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2004, 03:55:49 PM »
Sportsmans Guide has em at $119, and you get 10% if you're a club member--well worth the annual fee.

I screwed up my slashes on my original post, so it didn't come up as a link. I fixed it now. Click on that and then type in "lead sled" under search. It will come up. And Markus, no I do not work for Sportsmans Guide or Caldwell :lol:

Offline Flingarrows

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2004, 03:44:21 PM »
cool thanks for the info!