Author Topic: Using A Belt Slide Holster  (Read 600 times)

Offline Bogger

• Trade Count: (0)
Using A Belt Slide Holster
« on: November 08, 2004, 04:25:48 PM »
I'm used to using a IWB or pocket holster for everyday carry.  The only holster I have to carry a snub nose revolver is an MD hip holster with a slot at either end, high rise configuration. When the belt is run through the slots it doesn't draw the handgun into the body beause the jeans loops are too close together. Worse, when I run the belt on top of the gun, the belt loop from the jeans does not come into play and cannot be used. I have a feeling I'm missing something here and hopefully you guys can tell me what a dumb error I'm making. Thanks for your help....Bogger

Offline twodollarpistol

• Avid Poster
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2004, 12:39:38 AM »
Try running your belt first through the first holster slot, then under the loop on your jeans, then through the second slot of the holster. This will straddle the holster on top of the side loop of your jeans and allow the belt to pull the rig into the body. This is how I carry a full size 1911 in a Ross pancake, and it works well for me. :D
The Lord didnt create anything without a purpose, but mosquitoes come close. :D

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2004, 01:23:41 AM »
YUP !
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Bogger

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2004, 02:26:06 AM »
Thanks twodollar/william. Works like a charm.

Offline 44 Man

• Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2004, 08:30:54 AM »
Remember that not all belts are created equal.  I was dissatisfied with many holsters I tried until I got the right belt.  The holster would sag out away from my body and not conceal or carry well.  I started out with a heavy leather belt, but it did not do the trick and allowed the holsters to sag out away from my body.  Moving up to a 'real' gunbelt helped with some holsters, but not all.  Now I use an 'agent' belt from Aker.  This belt has a plastic stiffener in it and absolutely will not let the belt twist and the holster sag.  Finally, a belt that holds the holster so it can work the way you expected.  Your holsters must also have belt slots that fit the belt exactally.  'One size fits all' type of slots will not work either.  When you get the system that works, you can wear it for hours and be comfortable and have complete concealment.  44 Man
You are never too old to have a happy childhood!

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2004, 11:55:06 PM »
I agree with 44 MAN--- the belt is the key. Horseshoe offers one and Alessi offers one that is, by all reports, a real piece of work. Check around and you will find one that suits your taste, maybe not the wallet, but the taste. I had one made by a belt maker and am very satisfied.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Bogger

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2004, 12:32:07 AM »
Appreciate the belt info guys. I'm also in agreement on the belt issue. The only belts I use are double thick gun belts by "Wild Bill". I also have a plastic insert added in between the layers of leather and have the holsters match up to my 1 1/2" belts. Makes all the difference in the world.

Normally I'm a little sharper than not being able to figure out the slide holster, but just seemed to draw a blank on that one. Had lots of experience on most other holster styles and have the normal box of holsters that didn't work out.

Again, really appreciate the comments.