Author Topic: Pre-Ban, Post-Ban, or who cares?  (Read 860 times)

Offline PeterF.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Pre-Ban, Post-Ban, or who cares?
« on: November 10, 2004, 02:36:49 AM »
Now that the AR "Ban" is gone, does it matter at all whether a rifle was Pre-Ban or Post-Ban.  As you know, during the Ban period, most Pre-Bans were much higher priced. With the Ban gone, shouldn't I be able to trick out a "Post-Ban" (or Ban period) gun with any add-on goodies I want (shorty stock, high-cap mags, etc.)?

Offline Buford

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Contributor
It really matters if.......
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2004, 02:44:22 AM »
Pre-ban, post-ban, no-ban etc matters if you are trying to justify a higher selling price - if it is a quality, accurate, dependable  firearm - that is what matters to me the most.  Looking "cool" appears be be more important to some.

Offline Ramrod

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2005, 04:51:07 PM »
There were certain internal modifications made to the post ban guns, that are continued to this day. The pre-ban guns will always command a premium price due to this and other factors.
"Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine." Patti Smith

Offline NYH1

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2005, 02:48:44 PM »
Pre-ban and post-ban means a lot in New York State. Our REPUBLICAN GOVERNOR came up with and passed a law that mirrors the "Federal Assault Weapons Ban".
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline NYH1

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2005, 02:56:37 PM »
If you get caught with a magazine that holds more then 10 rounds and is marked "RESTRICTED MILITARY / GOV'T / LAW ENFORCEMENT / EXPORT USE ONLY" on it or a magazine that has the date on it or a magazine that looks like you tried to scrapped to date or restricted off its a class "da" felony. Thats how bad N.Y. is ! :(  :evil:  :twisted:  :x
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"