Author Topic: Hey Graybeard, I gotta know ???  (Read 2079 times)

Offline NYH1

• Trade Count: (0)
Hey Graybeard, I gotta know ???
« on: November 13, 2004, 06:06:10 PM »
Alabama or Auburn ???
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2004, 05:22:14 AM »
Don't understand the question. Both are universities here in Bama. What is your question about them? I've never been to either so what little info I could share would be minimal. What you need to know about them?

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Dali Llama

Re: Hey Graybread, I gotta know ???
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2004, 06:11:10 AM »
Quote from: New York Hunter
Alabama or Auburn ???

AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2004, 07:28:49 AM »
FOOTBALL???

You mean folks still play that silly game? I thought that ended years ago. Been at least 20 and maybe 30 years since I watched a game of it. Yeah the more I think about it over 30 years for sure. Got no time for such foolishness.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Major

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2004, 11:26:44 AM »
Amen GB.  

I would much rather by ammo than a ticket.   And as for most anything on TV, I have hundreds of better things to do with my time.
Deactivated as trouble maker

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2004, 12:24:29 PM »
I kinda go along with Graybeard and the major...

I did become a football fan for a while in the 70s...but then one day I realized I was wasting a lot oif time in front of the boob tube...

I don't fault others...just seems like a waste of time for ME...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline powderman

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2004, 01:02:10 PM »
I never watch football and haven't watched a baseball game since the spoiled brat millionaires cancelled the worldseries several yeare ago. I do enjoy a good college basketball game though. Uhhhhh, KENTUCKY of course. :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D GO BIG BLUE. POWDERMAN.  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline NYH1

Re: Hey Graybread, I gotta know ???
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2004, 04:03:31 PM »
Quote from: Dali Llama
Quote from: New York Hunter
Alabama or Auburn ???

Thats it Dali!!!
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline big medicine

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2004, 04:04:27 PM »
Dang,
I tought I was the only one that felt that way about sports. These clowns get paid millions for playing a stupid game, that makes no difference in the spectrum of life. there are people who bust their six every day of the week and dont get paid #$%& for what they do, and most of them make a difference in our daily lives.

It is amazing how many kids die or are severly injured each year in football, yet it goes on, but we have outlawed shooting sports in schools because "it is dangerous"?? go figure.

Offline Greybeard

• Administrator
  • A Real Regular
    • Graybeard Outdoors
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2004, 06:06:57 PM »
I've never watched a basketball game in my entire life. Not one. Haven't seen a baseball game in likely 40 years or more and never watched one thru. Never watched a hockey game, a soccer game or a golf game. It they use a ball of any shape or go round and round on a track I have no time to waste on it. Haven't wasted any time on them in well over 30 years. There are just too many better things to do in life than waste time on such silliness.

Bill aka the Graybeard

Offline kevin.303

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2004, 06:55:20 PM »
not a big sports fan either. i go the some of the minor league hockey and baseball games sometimes. much cheaper and usually better than big leagues. one of the specialty TV channels will sometimes show old NASCAR races, i like those but don't car much for the new ones. that was back when the used real cars.i love Petty's '71 Charger.
" oh we didn't sink the bismarck, and we didn't fight at all, we spent our time in Norfolk and we really had a ball. chasing after women while our ship was overhauled, living it up on grapefruit juice and sick bay alcohol"

Offline twodollarpistol

• Avid Poster
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2004, 01:56:20 AM »
Well, I guess Ill be the odd man out here and play the devils advocate. I agree I couldn't care less about professional sports of any kind. Too many rich primadonnas and drug addicts. Very bad role models for our youth. Money does corrupt. But I do love to watch kids playing high school and college football. Not only is it entertaining for me, but there are many very valuable lessons to be learned. Not only for the kids playing, but for the fans as well. Like teamwork, fair play, honesty, and giving your very best. Not only for yourself, but for the good of others. Yes sir I am a big fan, especially for my Ga Bulldogs. Which, by the way, received a sound thrashing from the Auburn whatchacallems this past Saturday. :cry: We would have won though, if the score had been different. :-D
The Lord didnt create anything without a purpose, but mosquitoes come close. :D

Offline NYH1

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2004, 06:10:29 AM »
Quote from: twodollarpistol
Well, I guess Ill be the odd man out here and play the devils advocate. I agree I couldn't care less about professional sports of any kind. Too many rich primadonnas and drug addicts. Very bad role models for our youth. Money does corrupt.

I like Pro Football. I know they do have some lets say "personnel problems" but I still like it. I enjoy watching Pro Baseball during the playoffs and world series. I'm not into hockey of any kind, no real reason just never got into it! Pro Basketball, I think they'd be better off playing in a maximum security prison. Most of the player are the bottom of the barrel as far as "professional Athletes" go!

But I do love to watch kids playing high school and college football. Not only is it entertaining for me, but there are many very valuable lessons to be learned. Not only for the kids playing, but for the fans as well. Like teamwork, fair play, honesty, and giving your very best. Not only for yourself, but for the good of others.

I agree, I like high school sports and love collage sports, especially football. Collage baseball is pretty entertaining too, I try to watch the collage world series if I can!

Yes sir I am a big fan, especially for my Ga Bulldogs. Which, by the way, received a sound thrashing from the Auburn whatchacallems this past Saturday. :cry: We would have won though, if the score had been different. :-D

They have a football team in Georgia called the Bulldogs ? :)  :grin:

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2004, 08:03:28 AM »
I played baseball in school it was fun, me and my son like to play catch for hour at a time. Next to plinking  it's the perfect way to communicate with your kids and have a good time. I don't watch pro sports I'd rather hunt or fish.
Although that golf thing is fun the way we play it you smack that little white ball as hard as you can. And then you grab the 22-250 and try to hit it when it lands. :lol:  :lol:

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline twodollarpistol

• Avid Poster
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2004, 01:04:35 AM »
They have a football team in Georgia called the Bulldogs ? :)  :grin:[/quote]

O K ! Thats it New York. Wese guys gonna give youse guys such a smack. :wink:
 Yes sir, I love my Dawgs. Even when they dont win. Now Im gonna get behind Auburn, good southern boys that they are, and watch them go all the way. :grin:
 Have a good one , and try not to freeze to death up there. :D

Offline marv

• A Real Regular
Foolsball
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2004, 01:55:41 AM »
You guys Better watch the Sooners :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D
 Marv.

Offline kevin.303

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2004, 02:29:36 PM »
i just noticed but this thread is called "hey greyBRead"  :)
" oh we didn't sink the bismarck, and we didn't fight at all, we spent our time in Norfolk and we really had a ball. chasing after women while our ship was overhauled, living it up on grapefruit juice and sick bay alcohol"

Offline NYH1

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2004, 03:58:17 PM »
Quote from: kevin.303
i just noticed but this thread is called "hey greyBRead"  :)

Oops! :oops:  Sorry Graybeard, I fixed it! :-D

Offline Glanceblamm

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2004, 12:03:33 PM »
Last months Outdoor Life shows how to make a Football out of the wild boar that you took. :D

Offline BIGBOREFAN

• A Real Regular
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2004, 07:49:11 AM »
Football is a great sport. IMHO But the media screws up everything and that includes pro football. They talk about what bad thing this player did and what this one did. They never tell you about what respectable players do in there spare time to help. I will say one thing if more professional players were as humble as the Steelers quarterback, Ben Rothlisberger, You could tolarate them a little more.

BBF
LETS GO STEELER'S. BIG BEN JUST KEEPS ON TICKEN. STEELER'S IN JACKSONVILLE THIS YEAR!

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2004, 10:03:55 AM »
I do love to watch kids playing high school and college football.
Dali Llama say he concur, and find no inherent personality flaw in others who happen to feel likewise. :D

Offline NYH1

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2004, 05:34:56 PM »
Auburn won.

Auburn   - 21
Alabama - 13

:(  :eek:  :shock:  :?  :x  :oops:  :cry:  :evil:  :twisted:  :excuseme:

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2004, 06:17:42 PM »
Won what? When? Why? Who really knows or cares? What are we talking about anyhow? Did you get back on ball games again? What kinda ball game they play? Tennis?

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline Gun Runner

• Trade Count: (33)
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2004, 06:54:36 PM »
They dont televize my idea of a contact sport.  :oops:

Gun Runner

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2004, 05:37:23 AM »
Quote from: Gun Runner
They dont televize my idea of a contact sport.  
And what sport do that be, inquire Dali Llama? :?

Offline bubba

• Trade Count: (62)
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2004, 01:08:26 PM »
I love to watch a good chess match on tv. It is riveting. I have seen more basketball softball and soccer in the past 3 years than I ever did. Of course my kids were playing in them. The only time I watch tv is to catch up on the news. way too busy to mess with it
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline pireaux059

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2004, 12:28:10 PM »
:roll: A feller needs to exercise proper caution when expressing disdain for footsball. A lesson I learned after nearly getting linched in a sandwich shop in Tuscaloosa Al.   :eek:
Practice makes , well it makes you load more...

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2004, 01:14:18 PM »
Quote from: pireaux059
:roll: A feller needs to exercise proper caution when expressing disdain for footsball. A lesson I learned after nearly getting linched in a sandwich shop in Tuscaloosa Al.   :eek:
Yes, one doesn't safely do that when standing in th shadows of Denny Chimes, say Dali Llama! :D  :D

Offline twodollarpistol

• Avid Poster
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2004, 09:41:52 AM »
Quote from: bubba
I love to watch a good chess match on tv. It is riveting.

Just takes your breath away when they wake up and actually move a piece, dont it? Then they power slam that little clock thingee. Wooo, be still my heart. :wink:

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2004, 01:07:12 AM »
Quote from: bubba
I love to watch a good chess match on tv. It is riveting.

Just takes your breath away when they wake up and actually move a piece, dont it? Then they power slam that little clock thingee. Wooo, be still my heart. :wink:
:)  :-D  :-D  :)