Author Topic: sons first buck of the season  (Read 687 times)

Offline hoghunter2

• Trade Count: (0)
sons first buck of the season
« on: November 15, 2004, 01:03:53 PM »
Headed out to a friends house early saturday morning to spend the weekend hunting with my 15 year old son.  Freind has about 350 acres that hadn't really been hunted except a couple of times. saturday morning found us sitting in a ground blind over lookin a 50 acre field. It was a fairly cool day with a slight breeze blowning on our faces. Sat there not 45 minutes when several does and  a spike came out of the woods. Down here we can't shoot spikes so we let them go. but not long after that we were rewarded with a nice 6 point walking out onto the field about 125 yards away. My son got  into position and put the .270 crosshairs right behind the shoulder. The 130 grain Remington corlok found its mark and in return there was one dead buck.  Dropped like a sack of potatoes. I don't know who was more excited me or him. Nothin like taken a kid hunting and enjoying gods great outdoors. :-) Hope that all of you dads get to share the same experience. Y'all take care and god bless.

Offline abhound

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2004, 06:52:08 PM »
It's always good to see another generation following in your footsteps isn't it.
Congratulations on his first buck and hopefully more to come.
No, I'm not you typical Californian.  :sniper:

Offline PA-Joe

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2004, 03:02:09 AM »
Great news and give him our best wishes.

Offline hillbill

1st deer
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2004, 07:21:29 AM »
great news hoghunter, be glad yu have a sont to hunt with!

Offline SBF

• Avid Poster
    • http://www.members.cox.net/cruffler
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2004, 08:26:37 AM »
Congrats to both of you.  I can't wait until my son is old enough to hit the feilds with me, he's only 2 now so I got a couple of years to prepare  :grin:
SmallBoreFreak and Cruffler

Offline hoghunter2

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2004, 11:54:28 AM »
:D  Thanks for all the good words.  I think I found me a knew huntin buddy 8) .  I look forward to many more days in the field with him. Y'all take care and god bless

Offline JPSaxMan

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2004, 03:57:43 PM »
That's awesome, hoghunter. Always great to hear of the next generation getting hooked on the greatest tradition America has to offer. Take care.  :D
JP

Attorney: Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in
his sleep, he doesn't know about it until the next morning?

Doctor: Did you actually pass the bar exam?

Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding

Offline THE#1hunter

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2004, 11:14:03 AM »
Quote from: SBF
Congrats to both of you.  I can't wait until my son is old enough to hit the feilds with me, he's only 2 now so I got a couple of years to prepare  :grin:

It will be well worth the wait :D
Good Luck, Be Safe, and God Bless  :D

Ephesians 2:8
--For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of god--

Offline hoghunter2

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2004, 04:28:44 PM »
THE#1hunter,

You got that right. It will be worth the wait. Tomorrow is the last day of youth season so my son may come down with a fever tomorrow and not be able to make it to school :devil2: . So may just have to head out to the woods and try to take another deer. I've already oked it with the misses. This time probably try and take a doe. I'll let y'all know how it goes. Y'all take care and god bless.

Offline JPSaxMan

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2004, 03:16:18 PM »
Oh yea...I know those from when I was in school...dem 24 hour bugs is all  :roll: . Make ya feel like crap and the only cure is to be hunting. I think it's called...buck fever :wink: . Keep us posted!  :D
JP

Attorney: Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in
his sleep, he doesn't know about it until the next morning?

Doctor: Did you actually pass the bar exam?

Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding

Offline THE#1hunter

• A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2004, 03:30:40 PM »
Quote from: hoghunter2
THE#1hunter,

You got that right. It will be worth the wait. Tomorrow is the last day of youth season so my son may come down with a fever tomorrow and not be able to make it to school :devil2: . So may just have to head out to the woods and try to take another deer. I've already oked it with the misses. This time probably try and take a doe. I'll let y'all know how it goes. Y'all take care and god bless.

Yep, keep us in touch...good luck and god bless :D
Good Luck, Be Safe, and God Bless  :D

Ephesians 2:8
--For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of god--