Author Topic: Online Hunting  (Read 433 times)

Offline SBF

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
    • http://www.members.cox.net/cruffler
Online Hunting
« on: November 18, 2004, 03:48:44 AM »
This person in Texas proposes to setup an online hunting service.  You would go online to search for game passing the stand via a webcam he will set-up.  You would be able to remotely control a rifle, aim and shoot from your PC.  I guess it could give new meaning to "armchair hunter"?

Here's the whole article:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&e=11&u=/nm/life_hunting_dc
SmallBoreFreak and Cruffler

Offline jh45gun

Online Hunting
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 08:08:55 AM »
Sorry SBF did not see your post when I posted mine. I saw it on TV and I guess the smoke from my ears got in the way of my eye sight as I posted my post. I am totally against such nonsense and I hope Texas and other places ban such idiotic activity. Sorry again about not seeing your post earlier or I would have added my post to yours. Jim
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline SBF

• Avid Poster
    • http://www.members.cox.net/cruffler
Online Hunting
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004, 08:23:28 AM »
No problem about the post  :grin:   I was thinking that someone else had to post something about this topic but I wasn't 100% sure where it should go.
SmallBoreFreak and Cruffler

Offline doc_kreipke

• Avid Poster
Online Hunting
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2004, 08:58:30 AM »
Now, I'm not a game hunter; so, youze guys can whup me soundly up side the head if I'm full of it  :grin:

But ...

It occurs to me from reading these forums that hunting gives you about as good a hands-on education about ecosystems as you can get. You get to observe nature, and you have to learn conservation of resources ... else you put your own hobby out of business through waste. Gives ya a lot of exercise, too, which we Americans need anyway.

If it catches on, this on-line malarky will turn hunting into another video game for slothful morons and will ruin, probably even destroy, hunting for responsible sportsmen.

This idea clearly sucks! Two billion thumbs down for this one.

Actually, on 17 Nov, Gun Runner posted the text of the original Reuters article under the topic "I've heard it all now." Perhaps our fearless admin can combine all comments into a single thread for convenience. ...
-K

Offline Wolfdog

Online Hunting
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2004, 08:03:49 AM »
I hope that this gets shot down before it ever gets out the door.

This would definitely be grounds for the ATF to do something good in regards to gun control.  As in prevent anyone from allowing such irresponsible hunting, much less controlling a gun anonymously.  

Who is to say that someone couldn't log in and shoot something other than an animal with this thing. Like say some towel head looking to get cheap shots at Americans out enjoying the outdoors and just happen to be near this remote gun at the time?

I sincerely hope that this one gets cancelled before it gets off the ground, it will give PETA and all the anti-gun groups way too much to use against all of the law abiding gun owners out there.