Author Topic: Alright, how about the...  (Read 490 times)

Offline Patriot_1776

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Alright, how about the...
« on: November 18, 2004, 05:25:19 PM »
Kimber Ultra Ten II?  That I found out IS certified in CA, and seems to replicate the Para P12-45 very well.  Can anyone tell me how it performs?  Feeding, extraction, feel, accuracy, etc.  You know the drill. :roll:  :lol:   One plus I like is the light-weightedness of the gun; even in a 45 ACP, I don't care about the extra recoil.  Look at it this way, once you've fired a 454 Casull, or more, everything else is less to worry about, right?  Another thing, this is stupid I know, but is it a DA?  SA?  Or both?  I'm hoping it's both, I like the two put together; makes IMO a more versatile gun.  Thanks!  Patriot  

P.S.  Is it just me, or are the Kimber's and the Para's exactly the same gun?  What caught my eye the most is the safety lever; looks exactly the same.  Just a speculation.
-Patriot

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2004, 01:34:19 AM »
I have NO experience with any Kimber, that said, I have read that there is some concern with the reliability of certain Kimbers in the compact/sub-compact models.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline 44 Man

• Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2004, 03:22:21 PM »
I have owned several Kimbers.  Never a bobble with them.  They have been 100% reliable.  I do have two friends with Para's and both of them have regular feeding problems.  I would not carry one from this experience.  44 Man
P.S.  The Kimbers are single actions.  Carry them cocked and locked, snick the safety down and solve the problem.  Simple!
You are never too old to have a happy childhood!