Author Topic: Shooting live animals from PC  (Read 694 times)

Offline deerchaser

• Trade Count: (0)
Shooting live animals from PC
« on: November 19, 2004, 11:12:44 AM »
I know this is off topic but I really can't believe this. Take a look http://www.live-shot.com. This has to be the biggest blackeye for the hunting community. Ethical, fair chase? I think not, shooting an animal in a cage basically. Anything for a buck ($$$).

Offline New Hampshire

• A Real Regular
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2004, 01:16:13 PM »
Yeah, the guys on the radio were talkin bout this guy.  What a joke!  Has our socioty gotten so lazy they cant spend time OUTDOORS hunting?  I just spent all day today, from half hour before sunrise to half hour after sunset, in the woods hunting.  Didnt see any deer but a wasted day it was not.  Fresh air, the woods and only my own thoughts.......thats what hunting is about.  I guess Ill get off my high horse (actually I dont have a horse, but Im sure I can find a virtual online stable  :roll: .)
Brian M.
NRA Life Member
Member Londonderry Fish and Game Club
Member North American Fishing Club
Member North American Hunting Club
Member New Hampshire Historical Society
Member International Blackpowder Hunting Association

Offline THE#1hunter

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2004, 01:25:42 PM »
That takes everything out of it....Guys that prefer this over hunting, should be ashamed to call themselves Outdoorsmen...Disgrace to hunting.. :evil:
Good Luck, Be Safe, and God Bless  :D

Ephesians 2:8
--For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of god--

Offline TrapperZach

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2004, 02:51:16 AM »
im not under standin your sayin they have a gun that you control from your puter in a blind in a fenced in area and you acutly shoot an animal fomr it? if so this ridiculas.

Offline deerchaser

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2004, 06:16:58 AM »
Quote from: TrapperZach
im not under standin your sayin they have a gun that you control from your puter in a blind in a fenced in area and you acutly shoot an animal fomr it? if so this ridiculas.

That is correct! They are taking a "canned hunt" to a new level. It's not hunting at all, just an animal shoot. From what I'm told the gun will be aimed at a feed/water area. I think it's a bunch of crap. I feel it's wrong even for disabled hunters, they have better options than this.

Offline deerchaser

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2004, 06:26:18 AM »
Heres what my local news channel posted http://www.wesh.com/technology/3932533/detail.html

Offline Mattkc

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2004, 09:55:06 AM »
I think they should ship the system to Irac.

Offline New Hampshire

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2004, 10:20:55 AM »
I dont buy it.  Catering to disabled hunters?  Ive actually seen a bunch of hunting shows with ranches (and I believe there are quite a few) who can accomodate disabled hunters.  Usually its only a matter of setting up special box blinds and managing to get the hunter out there.  Granted Im not disabled, but I still just dont buy it.
Brian M.
NRA Life Member

Offline Lawdog

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2004, 01:12:47 PM »
I have a excellent idea of what it takes to get a disabled hunter out in the wilds hunting.  I came too close to being a disabled hunter and my cousin that I grew up with is one.  He uses his TracABout all-terrain powered chair to get around hunting.  Since becoming disabled he has taken a number of deer, Wild Hogs, Black Bear, Elk, Buffalo and numerous small game.  Asked my cousin what he though about this “remote control killing” and he though there was no need for it.  I agree.  Lawdog
 :D
Gary aka Lawdog is now deceased. He passed away on Jan. 12, 2006. RIP Lawdog. We miss you.

Offline papajohn428

• A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2004, 10:09:37 AM »
If someone is inclined to shoot a critter while sitting at their PC, I have a wonderful recommendation......tell them to buy "Rocky Mountain Trophy Hunter" for their computer.  Then they can choose the area, weapon type, caliber, and even the weather.  I shot over a hundred critters last year, didn't have to pay for airfare, lodging, license fees, or anything else.  Mine even lets you be invisible!  Lots of fun, and you don't even have to field dress them.  Think of the time and money I saved!  I must be as smart as Wile E. Coyote.........Sooooopergenius!  :)

Papajohn the Lazy Slob Hunter
If you can shoot home invaders, why can't you shoot Homeland Invaders?

Offline New Hampshire

• A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2004, 12:42:53 PM »
Yeah papajohn, but how do they taste  :-D .
Brian M.
NRA Life Member