Author Topic: Kahr PM40  (Read 484 times)

Offline jimmyp50

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Kahr PM40
« on: November 21, 2004, 09:20:27 AM »
Who has had a good or bad experience with this little gun?  Looks nice, feels nice, nice trigger, thin, not too heavy, and in .40 caliber! Jimmyp
Jimmyp50Georgia

Offline hogship

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Kahr PM40
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2004, 12:17:11 AM »
I have the K40 Kahr, which is the larger and heavier all-steel frame model similar to the PM40.

The Kahr is an outstanding CCW pistol, small, accurate, and dependable.....but it kicks like a SOB. It's uncomfortable to shoot it during an extended session at the range......BUT, it's perfect for what it's intended purpose is. Four or five desperate shots? You'll never notice the recoil during those times. The PM40 undoubtedly recoils more than mine.

Come to think of it, some people probably will have better experience with the Kahr than I do. I have medium sized hands, and the top of the grip handle presses right against the 2nd knuckle of my thumb....it's very uncomfortable during recoil. If you have smaller, or larger hands, you'll probably do better with Kahr pistols than I do.

Will I get rid of my Kahr.....Not on your life!

hog
Great, great, great, great, great grandson of a Revolutionary War Veteran.

--> Bill of RIGHTS, not bill of NEEDS <--

Visit my photo album, Vietnam 1968-69 at: http://www.picturetrail.com/taipan22alpha

Offline reelhook

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
Kahr pm40
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2004, 02:37:50 AM »
recoil is not to bad if you will stay with 160 gr. bullets and down.