Author Topic: Looking for new scope.  (Read 441 times)

Offline ron98002

• Trade Count: (0)
Looking for new scope.
« on: November 22, 2004, 08:14:09 PM »
Looking for a new scope for a H&R ultra 223 to use for coyotes.
What I was wondering is if it is better to get one with AO. or not.
It seems there would be some fiddling with the AO trying to get it set to the proper range.As the range could be anywhere from 50 feet to 250 yards. during which time the coyote could see the movement and be gone.
Any input will help. Posted this in the H&R section also.
Thanks

Offline bigdaddytacp

• Avid Poster
Re: Looking for new scope.
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2004, 04:16:20 PM »
Quote from: ron98002
Looking for a new scope for a H&R ultra 223 to use for coyotes.
What I was wondering is if it is better to get one with AO. or not.
It seems there would be some fiddling with the AO trying to get it set to the proper range.As the range could be anywhere from 50 feet to 250 yards. during which time the coyote could see the movement and be gone.
Any input will help. Posted this in the H&R section also.
Thanks
............For anything higher in power than a 3-9X I prefer a AO scope.........and the close 50ft range will be blurry for most non AO scopes.......a 3-9 or 4-12 power range would let you take closer moving shots and still be able to be cranked up to the high end for the slower longer shots......I set my AO for a likely distance for a shot according to the terrain and conditions and then adjust when there is time if a shot requires precision and allows for readjustment...........I have only used Leupold and some new Zeiss conquest scopes.....had good reports from the Burris and new Weaver Grand Slams.........the Leupolds have good eye relief and a good field of view for most all their power ranges and a compact version would not overpower the single shot H-R......good luck and good shooting!!

Offline ron98002

Looking for new scope.
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2004, 06:36:01 AM »
thank for the reply
Think i'll get a bushnell elite 3200 firefly 3x9x 40
From what I've heard they seem to be ok lifetime warranty.