Author Topic: Penn. Rifle starts monday...  (Read 621 times)

Offline THE#1hunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Penn. Rifle starts monday...
« on: November 27, 2004, 02:45:28 PM »
Well, Pennsylvania rifle starts this monday, cant wait :grin: ....I guarantee I wont be able to sleep, still after hunting for years..Anybody here going out?
Good Luck, Be Safe, and God Bless  :D

Ephesians 2:8
--For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of god--

Offline Big Blue

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2004, 01:24:46 PM »
I'll be out bright and early. If your hunting in 3D, maybe I'll see you.
Don

Offline JPSaxMan

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2004, 12:39:14 PM »
You know I'll be good buddy! Actually, already went out and had no luck. Oh well. I'm in 3C so Don, I definetly won't be seein ya. Even though the first day was not the greatest, I did get to be in nature and not at work. And of course there's always tomorrow.  :twisted:
JP

Attorney: Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in
his sleep, he doesn't know about it until the next morning?

Doctor: Did you actually pass the bar exam?

Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding

Offline Hildy

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2004, 12:58:09 PM »
Went out today.

Got setup in my stand before daylight and didn't see movement for the first hour or so. My stand is on the high side of a large valley in the open woods. A shot went off over the other side of the valley and sent a very large herd of doe to me. They stuck around for a while until dispersing out after a while. Then I had more doe come right under my stand. No bucks though.

I took a small break into my house and went back out at around 9:30am. I saw two bucks as I was settling into my stand. They were on the top side of the other side of the valley. All I had was a 150 yard headshot on either one. I would have taken it but they happened to be right in an area loaded with brush. I figured I would wait for them to get into the open but a minute later they took off.

Not much longer, I saw a doe coming up to me with a nice buck following her. Well, somthing just had to spook the both as I was getting them in the scope.

I went back to my house and came out at about 2:45 again. Didn't see anything for about an hour in my stand so I figured I would call it a day. As I was walking through my field to my house, I spotted the two bucks I saw earlier grazing in the field at about 100 yards. Off-hand, I shot at the larger one to watch it trot off of my land wounded. The guy whos land the deer went to will not let anyone retrieve a deer from his land. Hes pretty much a %$@!#@#%.

I had an exciting day atleast. I will be back in my stand tomorrow before daybreak. Hopefully I'll get one.

Good luck to you all

Offline PaPete90

• www.sunfire.proboards27.com
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2004, 01:01:03 PM »
I was able to harvest a nice doe today, 1 shot from my brand new Remington Mntn Rifle 7mm-08 through the heart at about 75yds. She ran about 15ft and that was all she wrote. Not alot of shooting close by both days, but a quick stop by our local butcher and he had plenty of work to do.
Chad

Offline JPSaxMan

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2004, 01:34:40 PM »
Today sucked, to be blunt. Not even a glimpse of one. Sat 10 hours in a treestand for nuttin. Oh well. Had some nice outdoor moments, and that's what it's all about, ain't it? Congrats on your doe, sorry bout the buck, and I hope ya all score big! I'll be heading to a camp Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, so hopefully I hit the ticket there. Take care fellas and good luck!  :D
JP

Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding

Offline willis5

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2004, 02:07:44 PM »
my father, brother-in-law, and two brothers all shot nice bucks on opening day near state college. 7pt w/19" spread, small basket rack 8, 17"spread on an 8 and a 16" spread on another 7pt. It was the best opening day that they have ever had up there.
Cheers,
Willis5

Offline THE#1hunter

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2004, 12:25:15 PM »
Quote from: willis5
my father, brother-in-law, and two brothers all shot nice bucks on opening day near state college. 7pt w/19" spread, small basket rack 8, 17"spread on an 8 and a 16" spread on another 7pt. It was the best opening day that they have ever had up there.

Congrats  :D , Got skunked Monday and Tuesday....
Good Luck, Be Safe, and God Bless  :D

Ephesians 2:8
--For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of god--

Offline JPSaxMan

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2004, 01:33:21 PM »
Well, I'm back from camp....deerless  :cry: . Went to Forkston, outside of Mahoopany (Procter & Gamble to those who know the area). That's a different managment area than my doe tag was valid in (so I could only take a buck). And there was only one buck shot at and it was a miss (and it wasn't shot at by me). Oh well. There's all this week.  :twisted: I hope I can nail one before the season closes. Good luck ya'll!  :D
JP

Offline Hildy

• Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2004, 05:06:20 AM »
I pulled out with a nice 5 point :grin:

Nothing like some of the trophies on here...but it sure tastes good enough to be a trophy!

25-06 did as expected smashing both lungs and the heart :D Deer didn't move after being hit.

Hildy