Author Topic: MY big ten  (Read 924 times)

Offline trophyhunter

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Avid Poster
MY big ten
« on: November 29, 2004, 03:09:32 PM »
I want to post pics but dont know how Help please

Offline trophyhunter

• Avid Poster
MY big ten
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2004, 03:35:36 PM »

Offline nebrguy

• Trade Count: (0)
MY big ten
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2004, 04:02:42 PM »
great buck !..i too would post my deer's pic , but i  don't see the browse option on this forum.

Offline JPSaxMan

MY big ten
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2004, 01:50:28 PM »
Wowsers. Nice bruiser. He'll look great on the wall and on the plate. Congrats!  :D
JP

Attorney: Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in
his sleep, he doesn't know about it until the next morning?

Doctor: Did you actually pass the bar exam?

Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding

Offline willis5

• Contributor
MY big ten
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2004, 02:00:58 PM »
wow! nice one!
Cheers,
Willis5

Offline High Brass

• Contributor
MY big ten
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2004, 04:29:05 AM »
My Lord what a buck!  A very BIG congrats to you.

Offline trophyhunter

• Avid Poster
MY big ten
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2004, 01:04:51 PM »
Thanks you all I am starting to relize how lucky I am to get it.  Afet talking to the neibors were i took it it seems there were severel people that have seen it and were hunting it.  I never seen the buck until the day I took it.  Seen some other nice ones but never this one.

Offline markdeerhunter

MY big ten
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2004, 01:45:38 PM »
Very nice buck,congradulations
Pick a spot and let it fly

Offline trophyhunter

• Avid Poster
MY big ten
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2005, 12:51:18 AM »
I know its been awhile since i posted this but i thought that i would update you all and tell you that my drying period is over and i had it scored in at 168 1/8 net it was 172 1/8 gross

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
MY big ten
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2005, 02:48:55 AM »
Congratulations on the great buck.  :D
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline huntsman

• A Real Regular
MY big ten
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2005, 03:42:53 AM »
Outstanding trophy, congratulations. I rather suspect it was more than just pure luck that brought this old boy down. You must have been hunting a good spot and had some patience to go along with that luck. Let's hear the story!! 8)
There is no more humbling experience for man than to be fully immersed in nature's artistry.

Offline trophyhunter

• Avid Poster
MY big ten
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2005, 05:30:31 AM »
well It was part due to luck.  The farm i hunt on is about 200 acres and it borders another farm close to 1700 acres and for the past several years we've been trying to get the other hunters in the area to start managing the deer better and passing on non mature bucks.  a few years ago we started seeing bucks in the 125 class and this year i saw 2 other bucks one 8 about 140 and a ten about 150 this is just a guess not that good at field judging them but the were far better than we had seen there.  We had placed several stands on the farm and i placed my tree lounge were i seen the bigger ten.  i hunted there in oct during KY's muzzleloading season and took a doe and seen the 150 class buck but it was closing in on dark and the shot was not a sure shot so i passed hoping for a better chance the next day.  Well I never saw it again the next day but with good hopes for the rifle season.  opening day of rifle season the creek my st5and was on was flooded so i hunted another area to with no luck just a few smaller bucks and does.  The second weekend the creek was still flooded  and i again hunted another stand that i really did not like to much because it borders a farm that had allot of shooting the day before almost like the target practiced all day but my dad was in my other choice spot so i went there just to enjoy being out there at about 8 o'clock not seeing a deer yet I turned and seen this one walking out about 30 yards and closing.  he was going to cross behind me so i turned to shoot on the other side of the tree.  He heard me i guess and and ran down the hill to about 100 yards and stop in a thicket he walked into some tall grass.  I think he thought he was still hid but his shoulders up were clear and i prefer a neck shot anyway so i took 1 shot to the neck and he dropped in his tracks.  when i went to check on him i realized it was a buck i never seen till then.  He weighed 232 lbs dressed and the rack didn't look as large as it was.  So it was a little luck and several years of paysense and managing.