Author Topic: Bursa .380  (Read 1732 times)

Offline Bushwacker

• Trade Count: (0)
Bursa .380
« on: December 01, 2004, 02:45:43 PM »
Bought one last night.  I talked to a dozen folks and researched it on the net before I bought and things were positive; yet, I read a earlier post that a couple guys hated theirs.  Any other opinions?  Thanks

Offline TOGO

• Avid Poster
Bursa .380
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004, 09:43:43 PM »
I bought a Bersa 380 last year, it is very accurate, function is flawless. I bought a case of the ( Russian ) Silver Bear 380's, went through all 1000 rounds and never had a misfire, well worth the $190 spent. I had the chance to fire the Bersa in 45 auto, wasn't to impressed with it's accuracy, maybe it was the ammo I was using who knows, but mechanically it worked great.

Offline Bushwacker

Bursa .380
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 03:20:24 PM »
The safety seems a little stiff to take off with the right thrumb but maybe its better that way

Offline TOGO

• Avid Poster
Bursa .380
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2004, 01:43:20 PM »
Bushwacker,

Take your Bersa unloaded of coarse to the couch and work the safety back and forth while watching your favorite program, it will loosen up after a while.

Offline crashresidue

Bersa .380
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2004, 05:56:04 PM »
Cheers,

I've carried mine for a few years, in the aircraft, as a "motel" gun, and as ccw.  I'm impressed with it, but it HATES my wife.

At the range, it works flawlessly(sp?) for me, but as soon as my wife picks it up, I know, by now - there's gonna be problems.

The "last straw", for her, was about a year ago when the ammo decided to mis-fire and partially expel the bullet part way down the barrel.  After disassembling it and driving the bullet back out the breach, I finished off the box and never had another problem.

I'll buy a PPK next time, but for the money - she's a good shootin' little thing - plus she likes ME!

Gentle winds,
cr
When all else fails, call for the gunships!

Offline papajohn428

• A Real Regular
Bursa .380
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2004, 11:42:24 AM »
I've had one for about six months and have had no problems.  I found mine at a pawnshop for $150.00, practically unfired.  So far I've got 500+ rounds thru it with no malfunctions, and have tried lots of types of ammo.  I like the fact that the sights are adjustable, and the grip is comfortable.  I've heard people say what junky little guns they are, but Bersa has been making them for at least 25 years, and they haven't changed much, so they must be decent, right?  I have no complaints with mine, as long as I'm not trying to save the brass............ :roll:

Papajohn
If you can shoot home invaders, why can't you shoot Homeland Invaders?

Offline Scorpius

Bersa is awesome
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2004, 10:42:29 PM »
I've had my Thunder .380ACP for 6 months now, and I've put around 1000 rounds through it, and have had NO failures, at all.  It's a fine little handgun, and it fit's my hand like a glove.  Just because it's not mainstream doesn't mean it's crap.  Give it a chance, and if it doesn't work for you, pawn it and get s a Sig.  No loss.  Good luck, and safe shooting.

Scorpius
Love 'em or hate 'em, guns are here to stay.  Whichever side you choose, please be informed.  
www.nra.org/
www.packing.org/
www.ofccpac.org/

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Bursa .380
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2005, 01:45:26 AM »
Note to Papajohn

You are watching this topic and some others. You've asked for an e-mail from the GBO server for each post. BUT you have an invalid e-mail on file. Please either correct your e-mail address in your profile or STOP asking for e-mail responses.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline oldhunter

• Avid Poster
Bursa .380
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2005, 02:57:51 PM »
Had a Bersa .380 for several years with never a problem.  I put over a thousand rounds through it and found it to be quite reliable.  Gave it to my son last year as he shot it much better than I could and at the same time he needed a small automatic.  Bought correctly, Bersa is a fine pistol.

Offline knight0334

• Trade Count: (3)
    • Pennsylvania Firearm Owners
Bursa .380
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2005, 08:09:55 AM »
I just picked up a Bersa Thunder 380 today on my smoke/lunch break.  I was gonna get a Makarov 9x18, but the dealer that had it jacked the price up $100 when I came back with the cash.

I'll probably try out the new Bersa on the next decent day, weather permitting.   Its alot lighter and more compact than my 1911 that I was carrying.
RIP ~ Teeny: b.10/27/66 - d.07/03/07

Offline HappyHunter

• Trade Count: (9)
  • A Real Regular
Bursa .380
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2005, 10:16:18 AM »
I have the Thunder 380, a Sig 232, and a Keltec P3AT.

The Sig is the best of all (no suprise).  But the Bursa is not far behind, and for the less experienced the Bursa is easier to learn and teach.  The Keltec is crap, but it is only 7 ounces and is reasonably accurate to 20 feet, so no complaints here either.

Best all around .380 is the Bersa, spend twice as much and get a Sig that is 20 percent better.  Spend only a little more and get the lightest and smallest...the Keltec.

Just get em all.

Fred
Ineedannudernewgun.
NRA Lifetime Member.

Offline Jim101

• Avid Poster
Bursa .380
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2005, 07:43:02 AM »
I'm getting ready to buy a Bersa .380 and have one quesiton.  Is the trigger pull better (shorter) than the Keltec .380? I have a friend with the Keltec and he hates it..for that reason.  Other than that, I can't find a reason not to get it.
By the way, what finish does everyone like? I'm looking at the black matte finish.

Thanks,

Jim
Hi-Point 9mm

Offline HappyHunter

• Trade Count: (9)
  • A Real Regular
Bursa .380
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2005, 08:46:09 AM »
I was suprised at the pricing structure of the Bersa .380.  

The all blue gun was the more expensive with the nickle and blue version being cheaper and the all nickle version being cheapest.

I like the nickle and blue version best.  

When I get to shop I will check trigger pull of both guns for you.

HTH,

Fred
Ineedannudernewgun.
NRA Lifetime Member.

Offline Jim101

• Avid Poster
Bursa .380
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2005, 08:51:37 AM »
Fred,

Thanks, that is my only concern...The price structure is "odd", the black and nickle is the one I am interested in...

jim
Hi-Point 9mm

Offline Buster

Bursa .380
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2005, 04:32:24 PM »
We have a Bersa "383-A" .380.  All steel/blued.  It's been a fine pistol.  My only complaint is the grips are ugly.  It's the most accurate .380 I've ever fired.  Great deal.

Offline Jim101

• Avid Poster
Bursa .380
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2005, 06:29:21 AM »
You can buy replacement rubber grips that wrap around like Hogue's.  They come standard on the Bersa Thunder 380..

Jim
Hi-Point 9mm