Author Topic: REFUSING TO SELL GUNS TO AFRICAN-AMERICANS  (Read 2010 times)

Offline Dali Llama

• Trade Count: (0)
REFUSING TO SELL GUNS TO AFRICAN-AMERICANS
« on: December 02, 2004, 08:06:23 AM »
GUN STORES: PLEASE COOPERATE WITH THE NAACP BY REFUSING TO SELL GUNS TO AFRICAN-AMERICANS

Concealed Carry, Inc. Announces Policy Of Refusing Gun Sales To Blacks
By John Birch, President, Concealed Carry, Inc., PO BOX 4597, Oak Brook, IL 60522-4597, Tel: 630 660-3935 Fax: 815 327-1152 Email: john@concealcarry.org  

INTRODUCTION: Concealed Carry, Inc. is deeply concerned with advancing social policy in terms of the public safety. We demonstrated that by encouraging those attending the Taste of Chicago in 2001 to carry unloaded guns in fanny packs. As a result, arguably the safest place to be in Chicago on July 4th, 2001 was Grant Park. Just the perception that many were armed was enough to give the police little to nothing to do. In 2002 we had a program (now discontinued) to give one hand gun a month free to a Chicago resident. Several Chicagoans are now safe. In 2003 we feel it critical to continue our efforts to save lives and to do so in a way that creates community partnerships. I will explain further.

THE PROBLEM: One of the great scourges of gun violence is the "black on black" shootings taking place in our inner cities. To address this tragedy The Baltimore-based National Association for the Advancement of Colored People has sued gun manufacturers. The NAACP is arguing that handgun violence disproportionately harms poor, urban blacks, and that gun companies have failed to take steps to lessen the harm.

Maybe the association has a point. After all, sending in the police to confiscate guns in minority neighborhoods is both dangerous and draconian. But is using the courts to force a solution the best way to effect positive social change? Why not seek a voluntary solution to the supply of guns that is killing African-American youth?

For instance, John Riggio who owns Chuck's Guns in Riverdale, will tell you that blacks want his store closed. So much so that the Pastor of Salem Baptist Church (http://www.sbcoc.org/index2.asp), the Reverend and Senator James T. Meeks (http://www.legis.state.il.us/Senate/Senator.asp?MemberID=861) conducts marches with his congregation on his store seeking that John voluntarily cease operations. Reverend Meeks also seeks the closure of all liquor stores in Roseland (http://www.sbcoc.org/project2003.asp). His message is clear and his message is consistent: Get liquor and guns out of our community and African-Americans will live in safety.

These marchers are sincere and their communities bear the brunt of the carnage. Frankly my own observations confirm that it's more dangerous to be in a black neighborhood than in a predominantly white area. I also know that when people are left to reason for themselves they mostly know what is best. Therefore if the NAACP and the Salem Baptist Church collectively see a problem it would not be wise to dispute them. I have no idea what's it like to live in a black neighborhood, but I bet they do, and it's time I listened more and took action based on the their needs rather than my perceptions.

I have always advocated the way to reduce "black on black" gun violence was to arm the law abiding blacks by overturning Mayor Daley's gun ban and creating public awareness for the safety of the community provided by good citizens with guns. I am willing to admit now that I may have been wrong.

THE SOLUTION: Therefore, as of March 18th, 2003, Concealed Carry, Inc. will no longer make gun sales to African-Americans. Not handguns, not rifles and not even shotguns. We had one close call already with the Takita Miles case (http://www.concealcarry.org/zorn15feb1003.htm) and there is no reason to take further chances. We will defer in this matter to Senator Meeks as he not only represents a socially progressive congregation, but is also elected to the high office of state senator. Until the Reverend Meeks requests we resume sales to African-Americans, I am going to use the broad authority granted me as a federally licensed gun dealer to prevent straw purchases by denying sales to African-Americans. To insure fairness, there will be no exceptions.

I am aware there may be similar problems in other neighborhoods. Therefore if an ethnically representative organization like Dr. Juan Andrade's "United States Hispanic Leadership Institute" (http://www.ushli.com/) requests we cease gun sales to Hispanics, we will take that under serious advisement. In fact we will listen to the leadership of any ethnic community and base our sales policy on problems they can demonstrate to us with fact.

But we are but one small gun dealer. The fact is it will take a concerted a effort by all Illinois gun dealers. If gun dealers don't want to be regulated out of existence by the state of Illinois, then we better show we are committed to keeping guns out of the hands of criminals. The first step is to cooperate with the black leadership. I ask that all Illinois gun dealers immediately cease gun sales to any African-American. Just this step alone will cut straw sales to a trickle. Police arrests and gun confiscations will then take care of the existing gun supply over just a few years time. The number of guns in our African-American communities will then be negligible and gun violence will be as common as it is now in Oak Brook, IL.

If Illinois gun dealers won't cease sales to African-Americans then they probably deserve the licensing and oppressive gun regulation they are going to get. As for Concealed Carry, Inc. our mission is to save lives. Until Senator Meeks or the NAACP says otherwise we will do our part to see that no illegal guns end up in African-American neighborhoods. Let me hear from my fellow gun dealers. Will you join me in saving lives with this voluntary program? email me at: john@concealcarry.org and I will publish your store's name here to thank you.
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline RIFLERANGER

• Avid Poster
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 08:41:35 AM »
The problem with this is that the "leadership" does not necessarily share opinions with their constituents.
I am willing to bet that there are plenty of African-Americans who aren't criminals and do want guns.
If people took better care in safekeeping their firearms and straw sales came to a halt (I have devised ways to make this happen, draconian, but workable), then guns wouldn't end up in the "wrong" hands.
End of story.
Ranger
"HAVE YOU HUGGED YOUR RIFLES TODAY ?!"

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2004, 09:48:32 AM »
Quote from: RIFLERANGER
I have devised ways to make this happen, draconian, but workable
What be these ways, ask Dali Llama? :?

Offline Leverdude

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2004, 03:46:05 PM »
The way I understood it EVERYONE in the US is permitted to own firearms.
Draconian laws are what we are being faced with already & trying to single out ethnic groups can only make it worse.
If african americans feel threatened because of the guns in the hands of criminals in their neighborhoods then the way I see it they have 2 options,
#1 Dont raise drug dealers & other bad elements, #2 get yourself a gun & learn how to use it so you can protect your family.

The same aplies to other so called minorities. It never ceases to amaze me how their ethnic leaders shift the blame to others when they oughta preach responsibility & self sufficiency. Tell them to get jobs & raise their kids with career goals. Stop protecting the bad elements & instead expose them so that the young in these areas won't grow up thinking its cool to sell crack but embarassing to have a job where you have to listen to someone else.

I'v said it before & I'll say it again, if you want to prevent the bulk of violent crimes then we need legislation protecting people from prosecution  when they use a gun for crime prevention, both in the home & abroad, both when used for your own protection & for when one is witnessing a crime & steps in.
Let these lowlifes accept getting shot as an occupational hazzard like it should be & I'd wager alot would change their profesion.

Most people I know would certainly hesitate before using a gun on a burglar or mugger for fear the guy might not be armed & you get charged with a homocide. I cant rightly say if I would or wouldnt, but if I did need to resort to lethal force I for sure wouldn't be calling the law. If no one else called them I'd likely dispose of the incriminating evidence & try & just get on with my life.

I have wandered off topic a bit & for that I apologize but personally I find my rant apropriate as a response.  :wink:
Freedoms not free!
Support your NRA!

Offline powderman

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2004, 05:04:50 PM »
LEVERDUDE. None of that will ever fly. You make TOO MUCH SENSE.  :P  :P  :P  :P . I agree Sir. POWDERMAN.  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :)  :)
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2004, 02:51:21 AM »
Actually folks, this NAACP nonsense really flies in the face of the support for the Second Amendment by our new Secretary of State, Condolisa (? sp) Rice and she is one woman who is liable to tell the NAACP to get their heads out of their respective dumb liberal azzes.  

During her childhood in the south, driveby shootings of the poorer black folk by young whites, lynchings and burnings were common.  Her father and others kept guard at their home many nights with an old double barrel shotgun and Rice has said that had it not been for the 2nd Amendment and that old shotgun the family would have come to harm, probably many times.  So let's put Condolisa's (sp?) postive experiences with the 2nd Amendment, her aptitude, capability and public presence in the face of the NAACP and guess who is gonna win.  

I can tell you this - if Condolisa Rice ever gets looked at for a Republican Presidential or Vice Presidential slot, that may well end the anti-gun tirades of the NAACP minority.  Would also be the end of hillary, too and that would be something to really look forward to.  Just my 2 cents worth, Mikey.

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2004, 05:03:24 AM »
Quote from: Mikey
let's put Condolisa's (sp?) postive experiences with the 2nd Amendment, her aptitude, capability and public presence in the face of the NAACP and guess who is gonna win.  

Dali Llama say he concur!! :-)

Offline kjeff50cal

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2004, 05:55:50 AM »
I concur that the naacp is "playing" into the hands of those who are against the US Constitution particularly the 2nd Ammendment. I've read many tomes on regulated racism and most gun control laws on the books go toward these aims (pun intended). Oppressors (see both American Revolutions 1776 & 1812) tend to think twice about usurping rights of citizens that are armed. There are many cases in the southern states where a Old double barrel shotgun meant the difference between "run off or lynched" and living on your own piece of property no matter what color you are.

kjeff50cal
Ignorance leads us into the darkness, Knowlege leads us out.

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2004, 06:26:28 AM »
Quote from: kjeff50cal
There are many cases in the southern states where a Old double barrel shotgun meant the difference between "run off or lynched" and living on your own piece of property no matter what color you are.

Dali Llama say there likely be some such cases, but he not sure if there be "many."

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2004, 06:37:56 AM »
Quote from: Mikey
Actually folks, this NAACP nonsense really flies in the face of the support for the Second Amendment by our new Secretary of State, Condolisa (? sp) Rice and she is one woman who is liable to tell the NAACP to get their heads out of their respective dumb liberal azzes.  

During her childhood in the south, driveby shootings of the poorer black folk by young whites, lynchings and burnings were common.  Her father and others kept guard at their home many nights with an old double barrel shotgun and Rice has said that had it not been for the 2nd Amendment and that old shotgun the family would have come to harm, probably many times.  So let's put Condolisa's (sp?) postive experiences with the 2nd Amendment, her aptitude, capability and public presence in the face of the NAACP and guess who is gonna win.  

I can tell you this - if Condolisa Rice ever gets looked at for a Republican Presidential or Vice Presidential slot, that may well end the anti-gun tirades of the NAACP minority.  Would also be the end of hillary, too and that would be something to really look forward to.  Just my 2 cents worth, Mikey.
http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=47575

Offline Shorty

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2004, 08:47:35 AM »
Along the same line of thought;  Black activists are now grousing that black women are now the largest group suffering from new AIDS cases.  They demand to know what the government is going to do about that!  
I have a couple of ideas, and the government isn't needed.  I'm sure that I don't even need to say what would cure that problem quickly.   :roll:

Offline Leverdude

• A Real Regular
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2004, 11:13:25 AM »
Shorty,

Thats another thing I cant understand, hows a Gov't responsible for someones health? Some people have tough luck & I sympathize with them but thats about it. Theres no environmental issues that cause AIDS, its not the result of irresponsible industry or anything like that so I cant rightly see how the Gov't can be asked to help.
Freedoms not free!
Support your NRA!

Offline hardertr

• A Real Regular
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2004, 11:50:56 AM »
Same goes for Welfare, Social Security and Medicare!  OH WAIT... I guess this idea would cause some HYPOCRITS to come crawling out of the woodwork!  "I NEED my social security..." cuz your dumb azz didn't prepare for your OWN retirement???  "I NEED my medicare...." (SEE RESPONSE ABOVE!

Honestly, I think the NAACP is about as helpful as the NRA.  Neither of them care where the "limits" SHOULD be...they just want to create controversy.
The problem with troubleshooting is....sometimes it shoots back!

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2004, 12:38:17 PM »
Quote from: hardertr
I think the NAACP is about as helpful as the NRA.  Neither of them care where the "limits" SHOULD be...they just want to create controversy.
Dali Llama say that be rather interesting analogy... :?  :?  :?  :?

Offline kjeff50cal

• Contributor
John Birch
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2004, 01:33:17 PM »
Is the above article for real??? The "owner" of the alleged business is suspect "John Birch". Do a Google search and see what you come up with. Better yet type in John Birch Society.

kjeff50cal

Offline hardertr

• A Real Regular
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2004, 01:33:40 PM »
maybe we could combine the two...."Every black american should not be denied the right to have an assault weapon for every person in the house..." in case "THE MAN" tries to take their rights away! ???
The problem with troubleshooting is....sometimes it shoots back!

Offline Leverdude

• A Real Regular
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2004, 04:02:02 PM »
Quote from: hardertr
maybe we could combine the two...."Every black american should not be denied the right to have an assault weapon for every person in the house..." in case "THE MAN" tries to take their rights away! ???

If you take out the "black" from that statement you would be saying the same thing the founding founders were saying when they put forth the 2nd amendment. Its about keeping the Gov't in check.
Its not about hunting or even personal defence. Not because they didn't care about these issues but rather because they never imagined that personal defence or hunting would come into question.

They wanted EVERY healthy law abiding man to KEEP & BEAR arms.
That was our safeguard against tyranny, crime, invasion & anything else. That was what made our nation possible in the first place. That was what made us both different & special in that EVERYONE was equal.
We, as a nation have become soft & weak & too dependent on "the man" to keep us safe.
The manipulation of words is our undoing. They meant just what they said & they used simple language to imply a simple message.
"The right of the people to keep & bear arms shall not be infringed"
Leave it to lawyers & politicians to confuse 13 simple words to the point that the simplicity is no longer apparent.
Freedoms not free!
Support your NRA!

Offline TScottO

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2004, 04:57:45 PM »
Interesting topicÂ… Strangely enough, if IÂ’m not mistaken, the very first gun law against gun ownership was passed to keep firearms out of the hands of freed slaves. Maybe history is repeating itself?

The real problem is lack of justice as stated earlier. A poor economy and lower class lifestyles in certain areas also breed such things. I read somewhere that stated within 3 or 4 decades the United States will be considered a 3rd world country in respect to the economy and jobless people. With inflation increasing, automation of jobs, jobs leaving the US and the birth:death ratio this may hold some truth. Overall, crime will be an increasing issue. In many concentrated areas there is more crime than the law can discipline under todayÂ’s judicial system.

Honestly, I believe there are some people that should be denied the right to bare arms but I believe denying someone their constitutional right based on race is the wrong approach. With exception to mentally ill people incapable of making rational decisions, those others who have committed acts that will deny them gun ownership rights should probably be disposed of anyway. Enforcement of the law should be strict and swift and the potential repercussions applied to law abiding citizens who have or may have to defend themselves should be lessoned.

ItÂ’s a nasty pickle we are caught up in. Unless an about face comes along soon I donÂ’t see it getting much better.

Be Safe,
Scott

Offline Dali Llama

Re: John Birch
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2004, 01:34:44 AM »
Is the above article for real???
Yes, above article definitely be "for real," say Dai Llama. :x

Offline kjeff50cal

• Contributor
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2004, 04:56:23 AM »
Yes, above article definitely be "for real," say Dai Llama.

After a little more web search, indeed the article is real  :(  :(  :( . And the NAACP is real miss guided if they want to pick and choose which civil rights they want to defend. Especially the first ten. For if it wasn't for the first 10 the others would not be.

kjeff50cal

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2004, 07:48:59 AM »

After a little more web search, indeed the article is real  :(  :(  :( .

Would falsehood truly be expected of Dali, ask Dali Llama? :?

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2004, 11:45:40 AM »
During her childhood in the south, driveby shootings of the poorer black folk by young whites, lynchings and burnings were common.

GIVE ME A BREAK!! Geez, you can believe her pack of lies if you wish. BUT I live here in Bama and only a short distance from B'ham. Have all of my life. All the TV stations are in B'ham and most of the radio stations I've listened to since a child. There has NEVER EVER been even ONE not a single ONE mind you lynching of a black by a young white in B'ham. There has never been a white who burned a black in B'ham. 90% of the harm done to blacks all over the south is done by other blacks NOT by white folks.

Those things have NEVER EVER been common in B'ham. For that matter no where in the south. Maybe they are in northern big city getttos but not down here in the south. Now it is true that black on black crime is what keeps our crime rates high. Were it not for that most of the south would have some of the lowest crime rates in the US. Heck for the most part we do even with it.

I've lived on the outskirts of Anniston most of my life. It has one of the highest murder rates per capita in the nation. Why? Black on black murder. No not drive by shootings and damn sure not by whites. Husbands cut, stab and even on rare occasions shoot wives and wives do same to husbands. They also cut, stab and shoot the boy friends of their wives and the girl friends of their husbands. They cut, stab, shoot and main each other in bars and on street corners. Whites for the most part just sit back and watch.

Get a clue or get off the subject. I'm tired of folks from outside who have absolutely no clue what goes on here in my home area telling the world how bad things are when it is all a crock of BS. Pull the old newspaper files from the days of her youth and see how many instances of what she is claiming happened. Ya ain't gonna find any.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline IntrepidWizard

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2004, 12:10:49 PM »
Best to know now that BM only pastes and copies things to incite,never a contribution only articles copied to cause trouble.
Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire, it is
a dangerous servant and a fearful master. -- George Washington

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2004, 02:45:42 PM »
Quote from: IntrepidWizard
Best to know now that BM only pastes and copies things to incite,never a contribution only articles copied to cause trouble.
Dali Llama say that IntrepidWizard know that be utter and complete falsehood.  Dali suggest that IntrepidWizard should refrain from publicly disparaging and criticizing Dali.

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2004, 04:51:22 PM »
Dali Llama say that IntrepidWizard know that be utter and complete falsehood. Dali suggest that IntrepidWizard should refrain from publicly disparaging and criticizing Dali.

I would agree the comment was out of line. It wasn't his quotes I got upset about. It was another repeating them as if fact. The woman is lying thru her teeth and is no different than Hillary except in the color of her skin. She will say and do anything needed to get what she wants whatever that is.

I take personal offence when people try to say things which never happened are common place in my home state and the area I've lived all my life. I've lived it. I know better.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2004, 01:55:15 AM »
Quote from: Graybeard
Dali Llama say that IntrepidWizard know that be utter and complete falsehood. Dali suggest that IntrepidWizard should refrain from publicly disparaging and criticizing Dali.

I would agree the comment was out of line.
Dali Llama say he glad Graybeard understand Dali's displeasure with Intrepidwizard's unprovoked commentary.  Dali say he righteously try for many month to avoid any disagreement with IntrepidWizard, yet IntrepidWizard for unknown reason apparently feel compelled to publicly disparage and criticize, yea even libel, Dali via complete falsehood.

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2004, 06:33:09 AM »
You two guys should both add each other to your IGNORE list so you don't see the posts by each other. Ya just ain't never gonna get along.  :eek:

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2004, 07:52:23 AM »
Quote from: Graybeard
You two guys should both add each other to your IGNORE list so you don't see the posts by each other. Ya just ain't never gonna get along.
Dali Llama say he hope it obvious that he righteously try for many month to avoid any disagreement with IntrepidWizard, yet IntrepidWizard for unknown reason apparently feel compelled to publicly disparage and criticize, yea even libel, Dali via complete falsehood.  Dali say that recent disparaging comment by IntrepidWizard be wholly unprovoked by Dali.

Offline IntrepidWizard

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2004, 07:59:14 AM »
BM, the truth is there for all to see,you love to incite and disturb you have done it on all the sites you have been on and some you have have been kicked off of for that very reason--facts.
Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire, it is
a dangerous servant and a fearful master. -- George Washington

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2004, 08:00:58 AM »
Quote from: IntrepidWizard
BM, the truth is there for all to see,you love to incite and disturb you have done it on all the sites you have been on and some you have have been kicked off of for that very reason--facts.
Dali Llama ask which websites have he ever been "kicked off"??? :?