Author Topic: Both eyes open.  (Read 735 times)

Offline tbmaker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Both eyes open.
« on: December 03, 2004, 06:06:38 PM »
Years ago I had one of the first laser eye surgerys to get rid of my glasses.
Right eye has some minor scaring. Enough that iron sights on my pistols get tricky some times, dry eye or low light.
The main issue arose when I got back into trap shooting competitions.
My eyes are very pretty equal so it took some practice to learn to shoot with both eyes open before surgery.
Now when shooting if the right eye is dry or tired or lower light conditions the left one takes over too much. I'm losing consistency, 25 one day, struggle to make 22 another. I'm used to 50+ straight on good days.

Tried scotch tape over the left lense, not opaque enough.
Should I just use electrian tape? I prefer to keep the periferal sight just change the dominace issue.

Any ideas?
The reason I started to think about it more, in the latest Shooting Times, an "ocular lense/cover" with pin hole was mentioned for pistol shooting. Looked like a black lense cover to me.
Opinions from you target shooters please.
Thanks in Advance.
Wayne

Offline LouisV

lense cover
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2004, 12:40:09 PM »
If I understand your problem correctly for trap shooting I don't think the ocular is what you need.I would try the electrical tape like you mentioned or one of the covers that clip to your shooting glasses. You just put the tape on the area needed to block the view of the target as you look down the barrel, leaving the rest of the lense open. One of the clip on covers that can be flipped up out of the way could be trimmed I guess to cover just the area needed. The clip on cover I've used for highpower is black and totaly opaque. I hope this helps, I'm mostly a rifle\pistol shooter and rarely shoot any trap.

Offline jgalar

Both eyes open.
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2004, 04:55:27 PM »
You could also try a little dab of vaseline over the lens of your off eye.