Author Topic: Used Tasco value??  (Read 370 times)

Offline hardertr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Used Tasco value??
« on: December 05, 2004, 04:33:26 PM »
I am in the marker for a TC barrel that comes with a Tasco Varmint 2.5-10X42.

The barrel alone comes as an OK deal, and the scope is "excellent" and $50.  Almost everything I've seen about Tasco is negative, is this scope an exception?

BTW, it would be mounted on a 223 rifle.
The problem with troubleshooting is....sometimes it shoots back!

Offline Zachary

Used Tasco value??
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 04:07:26 PM »
$50 for that scope may be $50 too much.

Tasco no longer has a warranty program so you would be out $50 if something were wrong with it, which there is a high probability that there is.  Plus, there is the cost of your time for returning it, having a rifle without a scope, etc.  So it may actually cost you well over $50.

Zachary

Offline Gregory

Used Tasco value??
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2004, 01:33:03 PM »
I own 6 Tasco World Class scopes that I purchased 10-15 yrs ago.  I've never had a problem with any of these scopes and the optics are not bad.
I paid about $100 each for these when new.
I can't speak for the quality of Tasco scopes made recently.  But I see the World Class scopes selling new for 1/2 of what  I paid.  I'm sure something has changed.
Greg

NRA Endowment Life Member
the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Second Amendment, U.S. Constitution (1791)

Offline Zachary

Used Tasco value??
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2004, 01:36:38 PM »
The Tasco WC scopes were made at two different facilities at two different times.  When made at one facility, they were quite good, as you yourself have experienced.  However, for whatever reason, when they were made at another facility, the quality control was bad, and so too were the scopes.  With the WC scopes, either you will get a good one or a bad one, you were fortunate that you got the good one.  Like I said, the problem is the risk involved in buying it because there is no longer any customer warranty  after the company went bankrupt.

Zachary