Author Topic: "They hate us....."  (Read 2662 times)

TM7

"They hate us....."
« on: December 10, 2004, 02:14:29 AM »
"They hate us---we're suppose to accept their Culture, but they want to change ours; and if we protest they accuse us of being racists."

................................from a Dutch taxi driver commenting on the death of Theo Van Gogh on a Fox News story about immigrees in Netherland

.................TM7

Offline Major

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
"They hate us....."
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2004, 07:17:17 AM »
We should not change our culture for anyone.    If they like their culture better than ours they can stay where they were before.     I will accept any one of any race (or religion) as my friend if they want to join in on and work for what we have.     But if they want to make this place like their old place they can get the He11 out of here.
Deactivated as trouble maker

Offline jh45gun

"They hate us....."
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2004, 08:57:29 AM »
back in the old days Pre 60's  I would say those that came to this country wanted to be Americans and blend in and while keeping their cultures family wise still strived to be American. Now days they want to keep their cultures and force us to accept theirs while bashing ours in our own country. WEll they can stick it for all I care like it was said don't like it leave it!  :twisted:
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Dali Llama

Re: "They hate us....."
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2004, 09:04:51 AM »
Quote from: TM7
"They hate us---we're suppose to accept their Culture, but they want to change ours; and if we protest they accuse us of being racists."

Sound familiar, do it not, ask Dali Llama? :eek:
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
"They hate us....."
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2004, 02:35:59 PM »
Fellows, let's take the blinders off...WE are in a cultural war here in the USA...

Have you noticed how, in just the last year or so the elitist, PC, academia, don't-believe-in-hard-work crowd have attacked not just religion, but more specifically Christ!

They are in process in many places of including Hannakuh and Kwannza celebrations in public events, but forbidding even the mention of Christ...
   I can honestly honor Hannakuh because of it's great history and the great faith it represents....Kwanzaa is a "made-up" holiday dating to 1967 N Carolina, I believe it was..

In this instance, our Jewish brethren should be crying foul!

Remember the old story..."Hitler came after the Jews and I didn't object because I wasn't a Jew, then he came after the handicapped and I didn't complain because I'm wasn't handicapped......etc., etc....

In this recent attack on Christ, we were warned 2000 years ago that He would be hated by many today and we would be hated because we love and honor Him .....so knowlegeable Christians are not surprised !

Matt 24:9, Mark 13:13, Luke 21:17, John 15:18

That group hates our guns, our self-sufficency, our beliefs, our values, our morals, our freedom and our masculinity...and they are out to take them all away!

They are starting with our children and grandchildren. They put them in "headstart" programs that are really "headshrink" programs, designed to fill their heads with leftist propaganda...to teach them and their mothers to be "government dependant"...

Then in school they rob little boys of their masculinity by persecuting them for acting like little boys.
   Little girls are supposed to be "touchy-feely", little boys ( while still disciplined) are expected to be physical, and a bit rowdy...

Their methods are such that they would like to "divide and conquer" by driving wedges between our various persuasions.
   I can see them trying to pit Christians vs Jews, men vs women, black vs white, children vs parents, conservationists vs hunters etc, etc...

They hate our heroes such as the heroic troops in Iraq and Afghanistan...remember their preferred pres candidate voted against funds for weapons systems, body armor, vehicle armor etc...

Their heroes seem to be in the mold of Barbra Streisand, Bill Clinton, Micheal Moore and that ilk....
  I cannot see how they compare to OUR (most of us)heroes , such as Jesus , Moses, Joshua, R Reagan, Gen Patton  etc..perhaps they see it; but I sure don't!!!

Face it guys, we ARE IN a cultural war...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline IntrepidWizard

"They hate us....."
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2004, 02:50:41 PM »
Glow we have 4 years to stop its growth,and if we don't we are doomed with our Civilization.
Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire, it is
a dangerous servant and a fearful master. -- George Washington

Offline Cowpox

• Contributor
They hate us
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2004, 10:57:43 PM »
Amen ironglow.  You found a way to say what many of us think and feel, but couldn't put into words.   Cowpox
I rode with him,---------I got no complaints. ---------Cowpox

Offline williamlayton

"They hate us....."
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2004, 11:33:07 PM »
I mostly agree with ol GLOW, but lets think here----
We have had and have the following communities- Irish, Italian, Spanish, Mexican, Chek, German, well I could go on. These folks hold onto what they are comfortable with, that is the first generation or so, then the future generations begin to blend in and well, we begin to see some value in some of their culture, and take it on to some extent .
Been that way fer a long time in this old world.
Now, having said that, Christ Jesus is not someone I am willing to compromise on, cause, mainly, HE is not CULTURE.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline williamlayton

"They hate us....."
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2004, 11:37:26 AM »
The vote bomb always exists, an well, if we want to keep the nation as designed we got to let citizens vote. It is tough boys, but there really aint no way around. Seeemmms if it wernt we woulda done sumthin bout them other folks by now.
You got a plan fer keepin everbody what doan agree away from the poles. Dang it boys it aint a matter of keepin folks away, we do that on our own real easy, it is a mtter of impressing on folks tthe need to vote.
We was real happy cause 60% voted, that boys, is pretty sad.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Dali Llama

"They hate us....."
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2004, 12:57:13 PM »
Quote from: williamlayton
We have had and have the following communities- Irish, Italian, Spanish, Mexican, Chek, German, well I could go on. These folks hold onto what they are comfortable with, that is the first generation or so, then the future generations begin to blend in and well, we begin to see some value in some of their culture, and take it on to some extent .
So how do that refute ironglow's postulation of a nascent cultural war, inquire Dali Llama? :?

Offline williamlayton

"They hate us....."
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2004, 12:11:41 AM »
The onliest thought that I have Dali is that we equate Christianity with culture.
If one refers to the the Christian community what are they referring to? Dali, Christianity is cross culture, it is not a culture in and of its ownself. I am not a Christian because I was born and raised in America, a Baptist, Methodist, or any other church.
Maybe a better understanding of what culture is would help. Do not include Christianity in this understanding, Christ came for the sins of the whole world and paul was sent to reach the Gentile population.
It is true, however, that each church group does create a culture. This culture is, however, extra-Christianity. Baptist baptise, Catholics sprinkle, Baptist do not sing the third stanza in the song, Church of God favors emotional outburst, Methodist are more staid. That is the culture of churches.
Our folks have, for years, taken non-Christian holidays and turned them around to Christian holidays. I give you Christmas as an example.
Folks we are never going to keep satan from attacking the church, it just will not happen.
The first century church is ripe with examples of martyrs.
HUFF-PUFF.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Dali Llama

"They hate us....."
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2004, 01:26:35 AM »
I am not a Christian because I was born and raised in America, a Baptist, Methodist, or any other church.
:o  :?  :?  :?

Offline williamlayton

"They hate us....."
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2004, 02:15:00 AM »
DALI-
define a Christian.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Dali Llama

"They hate us....."
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2004, 07:52:49 AM »
DALI-
define a Christian.
Blessings
Based upon earlier williamlayton comments, something williamlayton not be, Dali Llama attempt to respond??? :?

Offline Leverdude

• A Real Regular
"They hate us....."
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2004, 12:05:01 PM »
Dali,

I think you missunderstood William. When he said  "I am not a Christian because I was born and raised in America, a Baptist, Methodist, or any other church."  I think what he meant was that those arent the reasons he's a Christian. Being from a Christian backround doesn't make one a christian, some think so, I dont.

Being born in the US makes you a citizen of the US.
Being baptised & recieveing the other sacraments makes you a Christian.
Following the word of God makes you a good one.

Being an American is a cultural thing, Being a good Christian goes way beyond this & is something an individual must achieve & maintan.

There are many Christian cultures.
Seems theres many different American cultures now as well & in that the problems lie.

My family came here less than a full generation ago. They speak their native tongue when they wish but all learned English. They celebrate some customs most here dont but luckily for us they came from Italy so most holy days & such are the same.

They accepted America so well that if not for the Italian speaking at home I would have thought they were always here.

Now a days America is expected to observe everyones holidays but ignore the christian ones on which it was founded.

My family accepted America as its new home, most now want to bring their home with them instead of fitting in.
Freedoms not free!
Support your NRA!

Offline Dali Llama

"They hate us....."
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2004, 01:03:35 PM »
Quote from: Leverdude
most now want to bring their home with them instead of fitting in.
Therein lie the crux of the issue, say Dali Llama.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
"They hate us....."
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2004, 06:17:45 PM »
Actually accepting Jesus as Lord and Saviour is all that's required to become a Christian. All the rest is fluff. Nice but not a mandatory part of the package.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline williamlayton

"They hate us....."
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2004, 09:01:24 PM »
Dali-
Did you REALLY misunderstand what I wrote or are you under the false impression you have reached a personal relationship with the Lord by church affiliation or citizenship?
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
"They hate us....."
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2004, 12:12:54 AM »
Graybeard opine that perhaps Dali merely sliding back to his old ways of being an instigator more so than a communicator. Such thoughts bother Graybeard gravely.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Dali Llama

"They hate us....."
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2004, 01:44:18 AM »
Dali-
Did you REALLY misunderstand what I wrote or are you under the false impression you have reached a personal relationship with the Lord by church affiliation or citizenship?
Dali Llama direct williamlayton to http://www.tibet.com/DL/truth.html .

Offline williamlayton

"They hate us....."
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2004, 02:31:46 AM »
Then there is no common ground to refer too. It is a shame, but I understand.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Dali Llama

"They hate us....."
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2004, 03:08:12 AM »
Then there is no common ground to refer too. It is a shame, but I understand.
8)  8)  8)   :grin:

Offline RIFLERANGER

• Avid Poster
"They hate us....."
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2004, 05:09:41 AM »
El Diablo has been trying to pit human against human and human against G-d since pretty much the beggining of history.
This is nothing new.
Most of us are enlightened and educated enough to realize this (I guess there is some benefit from Adam's eating from the tree of knowledge), though due to free will, there will always be those that just don't get it.
Satan's influence is not to be taken lightly. His evil is nearly as powerful as G-d's goodness.
We all need to make a conscious effort to understand this and never allow satanic thoughts from entering our minds, regardless of what religious path we choose to follow.
I have decided that no matter how nasty or evil someone is, if an opportunity presents itself,  I will always try to show them the difference between right and wrong, and good and evil.
THAT is our true mission.

Off the soapbox.

Ranger
"HAVE YOU HUGGED YOUR RIFLES TODAY ?!"

Offline IntrepidWizard

WOMEN
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2004, 05:37:16 AM »
Women cause all our problems Ranger,Adam not bothering anything,just fishing,hunting eating and this young thing with Fig leaves flashing tells him to bite a apple not the serpent which would have ended all misery,so what is a poor young guy to do.Then Haggar went after Poor Old Abraham and we know what resulted from that,even up to modern times the Indian was sitting out in front of his Teepee planning hunting with his wife inside chewing on his mocassins to soften them and cooking and the White man changed that,then we gave women shoes and that was the end of all peace everywhere.
Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire, it is
a dangerous servant and a fearful master. -- George Washington

Offline powderman

"They hate us....."
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2004, 09:15:20 AM »
WILLIAMLAYTON. Doli knew what you meant Sir, he can't help himself I guess.
There are a lot of mexicans around here, legal, and not legal. A few want to be Americans, most do not. They refuse to speak english, adopt our customs, or Americanise in any way. They are interested in the welfare benefits, jobs, free medical care. They only want to set up their own little tijuanas right here in America. We are even printing our ballots in spanish. :x  :x . What a crock. The legals should be given a set amount of time to learn, and SPEAK english. No english, no vote, no drivers license, GO HOME. As the illegals are found they should be shipped back to mexico after they have been duly recorded. The 2nd time caught, repeat step #1. The 3rd time they should be air dropped back home, hold the parachute.  
I said free medical care because the law says they must be treated,they just don't pay. I've heard that hospitols in most of the border towns are almost in debt themselves doling out medical care and medicine to the illegals.
Learn and speak ENGLISH, or LEAVE. POWDERMAN.  :D  :D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline williamlayton

"They hate us....."
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2004, 02:35:09 PM »
Now I would champion an amendment to have english as the national language.
Here, the sports pages have a Spanish sports section, flyers in the newspaper are in english and spanish, stores which only spanish is spoken are common.
Now a defense. My daughter-in-law is Spanish, my son-in-law is spanish. They and their families are GOOD, hard working and honest. My son-in-law has a degree and works for a financial instuition.
Mexico is a backward, no middle class country. The people are not worthless, they are poor and they are willing to work ( for the most part, same as any people, I think ). These folks are looking for a country that has the freedom they need to progress. I can't fault them for that.
Now me and ol RIP wanted to invade em and take tha whole place, but, them dang east Texas sod busters wouldn't support us. Dang near did it under ol Scott, cept he turned chicken an sent us home.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Dali Llama

"They hate us....."
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2004, 01:47:09 AM »
Quote from: powderman
Doli knew what you meant
The correct spelling be "Dali," respond Dali Llama. :-)

Offline powderman

"They hate us....."
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2004, 07:11:56 AM »
Lou even has an all spanish radio station, which further encourages them NOT to learn our language.This past summer a mexican woman couldn't explain to dispatch that  her baby  needed help. They sent a unit anyway, her child lived. Her ignorance bullheadedness, and stupidity almost cost her babys life. She had admitted to living  here well over 2 years, and had made no attempt to learn the language.  There is no excuse for that crap. We speak ENGLISH here. Learn it, or leave.  POWDERMAN.  :D  :D  :D  :D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Dali Llama

"They hate us....."
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2004, 10:35:08 AM »
Quote from: powderman
We speak ENGLISH here. Learn it, or leave.  
:o  :eek:  :eek:  :shock:

Offline Greybeard

• Administrator
  • A Real Regular
    • Graybeard Outdoors
"They hate us....."
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2004, 02:21:10 PM »
powderman wrote:
Doli knew what you meant

The correct spelling be "Dali," respond Dali Llama.

Iffen ya wanted to be REAL TECHNICALLY correct is it: DALAI LAMA

Bill aka the Graybeard