Author Topic: Why does the ACLU hate real Americans and Christians?  (Read 2223 times)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Why does the ACLU hate real Americans and Christians?
« on: December 15, 2004, 03:32:38 PM »
Fox News broke the story tonight...

Ted Soros, the multi-billionaire greek that bankrolled Demoncrat 527 smear clubs is now bankrolling the "Anti Christian Liars Union" ( my satirical title)...

I guess we can expect the ACLU to drive even more strongly for homosexual privileges, legalization of drugs, more persecution of Christians and to try to curtail our 2nd amendment even more...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Cowpox

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Why does the ACLU hate real Americans and Christians
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2004, 03:44:01 PM »
I caught the story on Fox also. On the bright side, Baby Jesus won in Florida. I don't know ironglow, Soros may not be the Anti-Christ, but he's close enough. Get a rope!  Cowpox
I rode with him,---------I got no complaints. ---------Cowpox

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
Why does the ACLU hate real Americans and C
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2004, 03:58:25 PM »
Yes Cowpox...the resemblance is startling...'course he may just be a "helper" ..(read demon)...LOL
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline powderman

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2004, 04:12:39 PM »
IRONGLOW. I thought that I was the only one that calledem that, thats what I've called em for many years now. They are dedicated to doing satans work, evidently soros is too. They fight against anthing to do with Christianity,yet fight for anything those Godless islamists want. POWDERMAN.  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2004, 01:09:41 AM »
What ever gave you folks the thought that it was going to be different, or, what about the attack on Christianity is so amazing. Christ Jesus said it would be so.
Instead of ranting about it, and I am asking, ARE YOU spreading the word, witnessing ?
Now, it is gonna go their way til Christ returns. Are you prepared for that ?
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline dave375hh

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2004, 04:02:42 AM »
They don't like hunters, shooters or christians, because we're not stupid enough to contribute $$$ to their mental DEAD ZONE!!!! The people who contribute the money(like the Soros moron)  dictate what they stand for. What I'd like to know is why aren't they being investigated by the House committee on Un-american activities?
Dave375HH

Offline SamSpade

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2004, 05:53:53 AM »
Did you know that the ACLU gets most of it's money from us Taxpayers.  If they have a lawsuit about civil rights the government refunds them the litigation fees by law.

Offline Dali Llama

Re: Why does the ACLU hate real Americans and Christians?
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2004, 07:32:32 AM »
Quote from: ironglow

we can expect the ACLU to drive even more strongly for homosexual privileges, legalization of drugs, more persecution of Christians and to try to curtail our 2nd amendment even more...
:twisted:  :x  :evil:  :twisted:  :x  :evil:  :twisted:
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2004, 11:11:38 AM »
TM7

Curiously, I heard in the last couple days that Malcolm Muggeridge, famous British philosopher, who was formerly an athiest has changed his mind.
   He says that after struggling with the question all his life...he finally has to concede that the theory of evolution doesn't get it!
   He now endorses the "intelligent design" theory.

With intelligent design, there must be a designer....God!

While he is by no means an Evangelical Christian ( more of a Diest)....
give him a bit of time and thought...

Perhaps then after some more reflection, ths world famous philosopher may well come to the same conclusion that many a poor man and peasant came to at eight or nine years of age...

I wonder....Are we far enough into the "latter days"...that HE may just be " sorting the sheep from the goats ?".....Hmmmm

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2004, 11:11:45 AM »
Quote from: TM7
He is/was the world's foremost spokesman on atheisism
Moreso than Madeline Murray O'Hare, ask Dali Llama? :?

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2004, 01:29:24 AM »
If I am reading into the title correctly, the real answer is that they do not hate anyone, at least in theory of practice, not judging individuals.
The ACLU is a philosophical organization, which in theory is protecting the constitution from abridgement.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2004, 04:53:46 AM »
Quote from: williamlayton
The ACLU is a philosophical organization, which in theory is protecting the constitution from abridgement.
Dali Llama say he suppose that, applying similar specious reasoning, williamlayton would say that "Fidel Castro is a benign dictator, who in theory is protecting Cubans from democracy"???

Offline gino

• Avid Poster
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2004, 05:29:53 AM »
My biggest gripe with the ACLU is that they don't support the whole Bill Of Rights. Anybody ever hear of them pushing a 2nd Amendment case?
gino

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2004, 04:25:42 PM »
William;... really!!!

ACLU is a philosophical organization ...protecting the Constitution...HEE HEE HA HA HO HO

...And Hitler was only "Cleansing Europe" making it safe for Aryans...

or;

"We're from the government, and we're here to help"....

or:

"The check is in the mail".

Uh...HUH...

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2004, 12:44:36 AM »
I stand by my though unless you have evidence to the contrary.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline powderman

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2004, 06:39:13 AM »
WILLIAMLAYTON. The A nti C hristian L iars U nion has dedicated itself to ridding America of God. They fight against anything Christian, and fight for those who hate Christianity like the muslims, aetheists, etc. If it's morally correcct, they fight against it. If it's immoral they fight for it. Kinda like the dumcraps, don't ya think?  :-D  :-D POWDERMAN.  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2004, 08:22:59 AM »
I stand by my though unless you have evidence to the contrary.
Blessings

Dali Llama provide following for consideration of williamlayton:

Petition: Get ACLU
off taxpayer dole
Legal group awarded 1/2 million tax dollars for ridding courthouse of 10 Commandments

By Ron Strom

A new online petition asks Congress to change a specific civil-rights statute in hopes of preventing the American Civil Liberties Union from collecting attorney fees from taxpayers of local governments the organization takes to court.

The effort – spearheaded by Craig McCarthy of CourtZero.org, a site dedicated to stemming judicial activism – seeks to change 42 U.S.C., Section 1988, of the United States Code. The statute now allows judges to award attorney fees to plaintiffs in civil-rights cases brought against local governments, thereby putting the taxpayers on the hook and oftentimes funneling public money to the ACLU. McCarthy wants the law changed so cases involving the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment would not apply.

When the ACLU takes a city to court claiming a Christmas display violates the Establishment Clause, for example, if the municipality loses, the city's taxpayers would not have to pay ACLU attorneys. Ending the financial incentive, McCarthy says, would cause the ACLU to decrease their anti-religion litigation.

"Asking the ACLU directly to cease their destructive behavior is unlikely to have much impact," McCarthy told WND, "but cutting off public funding of their activities would be both doable and effective."

McCarthy gave some examples of the effect of the current law, citing the case of Los Angeles County, which was threatened by the ACLU over its seal, which contained a small cross. Many law firms offered to defend the county against the ACLU for free in that instance, but the county didn't accept the offer. McCarthy says it's because the real expense for the county would be in paying the ACLU's attorney fees if it were to ultimately lose the case.

"Even if they get free attorneys, if they lose, the county's on the hook," he explained.

McCarthy also mentioned the Ten Commandments case in Alabama involving Judge Roy Moore, saying taxpayers there were ordered to pay the ACLU "at least half a million dollars."

Though he says he understands the reasons for the fees, he thinks the Establishment Clause cases have gotten out of hand.

"I don't want to throw out the baby with the bathwater," McCarthy said, "but I think it would resonate with most people. The Establishment Clause cases have gotten silly. We've been doing this for 30 years about everything Â… it's like the ACLU is going from town to town" looking for things to sue over.

"If you want to litigate Establishment Clause cases, have at it," he said, "but it shouldn't be taxpayer-supported anymore."

The online petition states, in part: "The ACLU has declared war on the Boy Scouts of America, the military of the United States, Christmas displays, public buildings that display the Ten Commandments, and many other American traditions. Â…

"The vast majority of taxpayers do not want to be forced to pay the ACLU to sue their neighbors and friends in the ACLU's efforts to strip America of all signs of faith. Â…

"We, The People, call upon our elected representatives to amend U.S.C., Section 1988, so that fees are not awarded to the ACLU or any other plaintiff in Establishment Clause cases. We wish for the Free Expression Clause to implicate at least the same financial incentives as attacks upon faith currently have."

The Establishment Clause of the Constitution says, " Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion. Â…"

Stop ACLU before going to court

Attorney Mathew Staver says he understands McCarthy's point but believes there's a better way to go about it. Staver is president and general counsel of Liberty Counsel, a nonprofit religious-liberties law firm.

"What Congress ought to do is pass a statute that cuts back the standing of the ability to bring Establishment Clause claims," Staver said, which would limit who could file such a suit.

He says currently anyone who is "offended" by what they see, a Ten Commandments display, for example, can bring suit.

"You can't do that in any other area of litigation," Staver said. "You've got to have a personal, direct injury. Â…

"They need to get to the root of it, and the root of it is not whether the ACLU can get attorneys' fees," he told WND. "The root of it is who can bring these lawsuits."

Staver noted that the Supreme Court ruled against atheist Michael Newdow in the Pledge of Allegiance case because he didn't have "standing" or authority to actually bring the suit.

He said he's opposed to eliminating the provision for attorney fees for Establishment Clause cases.

Instead, he said, "you ought to stop them before they can get to the courtroom."

The attorney said there are some discussions on the federal level about limiting the standing on Establishment Clause cases.

Destroying the cross

The American Legion Department of California earlier this year passed a resolution also calling on Congress to eliminate the financial incentives for the ACLU in Establishment Clause cases.

It asks Congress to "amend 42 U.S.C., Section 1988, to expressly preclude the courts from awarding attorney fees under that statute, in lawsuits brought to remove or destroy religious symbols."

According to a report in the Record Gazette or Banning, Calif., the resolution was sparked by the decision of the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals upholding the ACLU's claim that the solitary cross at what is now officially the Mojave Desert Veterans Memorial violates the First Amendment and must be taken down.

Robert Castillo is a member of the veterans group and was part of the D-Day Normandy operation of World War II.

"I can't believe that Congress is allowing judges to give the ACLU thousands of dollars to sue to get rid of a cross at a veterans memorial when we are sending kids to war again to defend our freedom against terrorists," Castillo told the paper.

"The ACLU has gone too far. There are 9,000 crosses and Stars of David at Normandy. My buddies are buried there. If the ACLU can destroy the cross at the Mojave Desert Veterans Memorial, then they can destroy the crosses at Normandy, or Riverside Veterans Memorial Cemetery, or Arlington National."

McCarthy says he hopes to get some signatures on the petition and then begin "shopping it around" Capitol Hill for sponsorship.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPECIAL OFFER! With the ACLU intimidating the U.S. Defense Department into ending its sponsorship of Boy Scout troops, threatening to sue an abstinence website because it mentions God and attempting to outlaw Christmas displays in public places, WND is giving away FREE – for a very limited time – its acclaimed report "THE MYTH OF CHURCH-STATE SEPARATION," which annihilates the notion that the Constitution ejects religion from government.

As a matter of fact, until the offer ends, everyone residing in the United States who subscribes to WND's acclaimed Whistleblower magazine, or renews their subscription, or who gives a gift subscription will receive – FREE – "THE MYTH OF CHURCH-STATE SEPARATION" plus six other special Whistleblower issues, plus Joseph Farah's blockbuster book "Taking America Back."

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2004, 12:59:06 PM »
William;
  You often speak as if you have Christian roots...if so, you should study a bit more and get to " know your enemy!".

Jesus said " He that is not with me is against me........" (Matt 12:30a)

The ACLU has spent the greatest part of their efforts over the last 30 years....going directly AGAINST Jesus...

We each must make our own choices...that's "free will". ..SELAH

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2004, 11:39:33 PM »
Well now, I am grafted into the root.
One comment, among many, which I recall reading in the above post. It was a good post, by the way. Don't throw the baby out with the dishwater.
A good thought and very appropriate. Folks, whatever you may think, believe, are willing to stand up and shout about (as you and I are want to do on occasion), Folks, those are civil rights.
I stand not to defend the ACLU on every stance, beef, lawsuit, or thought. It does not suprise me there are those who are not Christian, I have known more than one or two in my life, and at one time I looked at one real close in the mirror ever morning. Those who are non-Christian do not frighten me, they are in fact doing the will of THEIR father.
It burdens me that there are non-believers and I pray for their redemption, but, I do not fear them.
Civil rights, as we speak of them here, and as the founding fathers of this nation saw them, are exactly what the ACLU is all about. If you want to stand on the ol soapbox and shout about them, then, by golly, you gotta let them have the box also.
Folks, on occasion, there are thoughts around this place that we disagree on. When that happens everbody gets up and shouts their piece. Thas OK.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2004, 01:08:02 AM »
Civil rights, as we speak of them here, and as the founding fathers of this nation saw them, are exactly what the ACLU is all about.
Dali Llama opine that anyone, including williamlayton, who make such comment not know whereof they speak. :twisted:  :x  :evil:

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2004, 02:58:00 AM »
Sorry William; I can't agree with that statement of yours that Dali highlighted..
   The ACLU is very much in favor of "civil rights"...even expanded civil rights...FOR CERTAIN PEOPLE OR GROUPS!!

If however,one is a Christian, gun owner, Boy Scout or a pre-born boy or girl...the ACLU will not help to expand your civil rights....but rather, will work feverishly to curtail them..!

Civil rights!    Yeah...sure!...I guess we can all recall how feverishly the ACLU worked  trying to assure the civil rights of Terry Schiavo, the semi-comatose woman whose estranged, reattached husband is trying to have killed...
  On second thought, I don't recall any such thing...but the ACLU probably spends million$...in their " nativity scene hunts"..!!

It is a rare thing to hear a knowledgeable Christain applaud the ACLU....just as it is a rare thing to hear of a historically knowlegeable Jew look favorably upon the Nazi era in Germany...

Both are very distasteful to the respective groups....

As a Christian, I faced this question years ago and realized that WE have some sworn enemies...and we had better face up to it....

When it comes to any that are obviously the enemy, I simply followed Joshua's advice:  (Joshua 24:15)...

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2004, 07:40:33 AM »
Sorry William; I can't agree with that statement of yours that Dali highlighted..
   The ACLU is very much in favor of "civil rights"...even expanded civil rights...FOR CERTAIN PEOPLE OR GROUPS!!

:agree: :agree: :agree: :yeah:

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2004, 07:51:20 AM »
If I am to applaud and stand for the constitution and bill of rights I must, by necessity, defend the rights of those who may disagree with my thoughts.
Look at the whole thing in context and see what I am saying.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2004, 08:00:43 AM »
If I am to applaud and stand for the constitution and bill of rights I must, by necessity, defend the rights of those who may disagree with my thoughts.
:o Analogously, Dali Llama say that Sarah Brady disagree with Dali's thoughts, but Dali do not feel compelled to defend her right to destroy Second Amendment!!!  :twisted:  :x  :evil:

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2004, 03:20:47 PM »
I for one, don't like " walking astraddle of the fence!"

One slip, you fall...then where do you get it??

Nobody on the right or left can help or may be inclined to do so....you may have to suffer alone...!

Again: Read Joshua's reply, when they wanted him to "get along" with people that hated his God....!

( Joshua 24:15)

Remember; Jesus said " You're either with me or AGAINST me"

and " No man can serve two masters, he will either hate one and love the other, or else he will hold to one and despise the other" (Matt 6:24a)

Again; Joshua said "choose this day who you will serve".

I will NEVER give "understanding" to those that hate everything I hold dear...

Offline IntrepidWizard

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2004, 03:38:30 PM »
Glow,Usuns in Kalitaxia know them as the American Criminal Liberties Union.
Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire, it is
a dangerous servant and a fearful master. -- George Washington

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2004, 04:42:13 PM »

I will NEVER give "understanding" to those that hate everything I hold dear...
:agree:

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2004, 08:44:16 PM »
Glow-
Not to belabor the thought. I do not hate them or judge them. I also do not fear them. What can they do to me or mine? Kill me? Well that is like the story of the rabbit and fox--doan throw me in the briar patch.
The judgement belongs to the Lord. Understanding is really undoable except in the context of the Lords teaching which is that they do exist.
Pray for those who hate you and forgive them.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2004, 01:14:33 AM »
Quote from: Dali Llama
:o Analogously, Dali Llama say that Sarah Brady disagree with Dali's thoughts, but Dali do not feel compelled to defend her right to destroy Second Amendment!!!  :twisted:  :x  :evil:
btt for williamlayton...

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2004, 02:23:18 AM »
Disageement is OK and part of the process.
If you start elimnating those who disagree with you only ONE will be left standing as no two people will ever agree on everthing.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD