Author Topic: BSA CATSEYE??  (Read 507 times)

Offline presdme

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
BSA CATSEYE??
« on: December 16, 2004, 04:58:35 AM »
ANYONE USEING THE BSA CATSEYE 1.5X5-32 FOR THE 12 GA ULTRS SLUGGER? ANY OTHER GOOD MED. PRICED SCOPES THAT WILL WORK.?THANKS AND GOOD HUNTIN!!!

Offline Jeffery8mm

• Trade Count: (59)
  • A Real Regular
BSA CATSEYE??
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 07:07:42 AM »
I have a Catseye on a .223. 3.5x10x44 I think.  I llike it alright.  Has not given any problems on the 223 after about 250 rounds.
I have a 3x9x40 Illuminated reticle BSA deerhunter for sale if you are interested.
Jeff
With proper care and maintenance the human body will last a lifetime! :)

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
BSA CATSEYE??
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2004, 07:17:19 AM »
A good quality medium priced scope is the Bushnell Trophy line of scopes.  I have a 1.75-4x32 on my 12GA Ultra Slugger and it works great.  They also come in 1.75-5x32 and 3-9x32.  I wouldn't go any bigger that 3-9 for a slug gun...It would be wasted magnification.

Oh yah, welcome to the site and why are you yelling?(Using ALL CAPS)
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline buckslayer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
BSA CATSEYE??
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2004, 10:12:28 AM »
go with the bushnell-any bushnell. the bsa scopes are OK for a light kicker like a .223 but when you have recoil harder than a .300 ultra mag(probley alittle less in a nine lb gun) you need a scope that can take a likin' n keep on tickin'. the bushnell trophy is probley the best scopes any were under 100$$. lokk at d&r sports center and www.swfa.com for good prices. NEVER buy a scope from cabelas, whey too expensive. as for the bsa, a man used the model bsa your talkin' about on a 20 ga. ultra and it died after 10 shot :cry:  i will never buy any scope other than  bushnell or simmons atec model. stay away from any simmon other than an atec. i bought a simmons 44 mag scope and it busted after 10 shots. i hava a bushnell elite 3200 3-9x40 on my ultra slug hunter and i looooooove it. i have a bushnell trophy 3-9x40 on my huntsman black powder .50 and its very,very clear. i want to get a bushnell trophy 1.5-4.5x32 like WNY_whitetailer was talkin' about- very good scopes those bushnell's are!!!!!! hope this helps and good luck!!!!!!!!! :P
I've got to many but never enough!!!! :eek:

Offline presdme

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
BSA CATSEYE??
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2004, 11:38:50 AM »
Thanks for the advice and sorry about the caps, just so excited had to yell!!! Thanks again ill go for the trophy scope.