Author Topic: Boy, U never hear anything about Vang on major media  (Read 956 times)

Offline OrangeWing

• Trade Count: (0)
Boy, U never hear anything about Vang on major media
« on: December 17, 2004, 01:21:42 AM »
I bet if it was 6 of them killed & a white guy doing the shooting that is all we would hear about every night !!!!  The shooting was a major topic on the Michael Savage Radio show yesterday.  After Vang shot the first 2 guys a third person tried hiding behind the mule without a weapon.  Vang walked around the Mule & shot him in the back a few times.  He also hunted down 2 others that took off running when Vang started shooting at them.  On the Radio show there sure are a lot of people that live in the twin city area that do not like the Muong people.  It seems they have no respect for game laws at all.  They seem to feel that anything that moves is fair game to shoot & game laws mean nothing.  Locals are now saying that Vang is now stating that it was not his fault because of issues from the country he was born in.  He & his family can not forget what happened over there.  Like Michael Savage said, WI has no death sentence.  So after they sentence him to life the Federal government should then have a trial for hate crimes.  Then he could be sentence to death.  Being that he is a minority & those killed were white that will never happen.

Offline SamSpade

Boy, U never hear anything about Vang on ma
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 02:29:02 AM »
It probably is just as well they don't get involved.  They always want to slant the news to their liking.  Incidentally it's spell "Hmong".

Offline Dali Llama

Re: Boy, U never hear anything about Vang on major media
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2004, 11:05:58 AM »
Quote from: OrangeWing
after they sentence him to life the Federal government should then have a trial for hate crimes.  Then he could be sentence to death.  
Dali Llama say he thought only white male capable of perpetrating so-called hate crime??? :?  :?  :?   :D
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2004, 01:20:06 PM »
Local media has quieted down on this for now as nothing really to report until Dec 29th when he has his first trial date. Put it this way the local politician  (State Senator) for the area is  worried already that if Vang gets a mild sentence or off due to insanity due to his high priced lawyers. If that happens no mung will be safe in WI from now on. YEa I know it is Hmong I prefer MUNG :x  Even if he gets what he deserves as well as WI guidelines will allow any gun restrictions that may come out of this will get a lot of folks reved also.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline big medicine

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2004, 01:58:10 PM »
Here is something I have wondered about and never a word has been mentioned. This guy was from the Twin Cities so he was hunting out of state. Did he even have a permit or was he just poaching?

Offline Shorty

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2004, 03:18:51 PM »
Mung, Hmong?  What happened to "Yard"?  Lets get our epithets straight.  :wink:
'Reminds me of the time that a "Chinese" restaurant opened in town, run by Viet Namese, of course.  All of a sudden, everybody's cats started disappearing!   :roll:

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2004, 04:57:46 AM »
Quote from: Shorty
Mung, Hmong?  Lets get our epithets straight.  
:o  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:  :o

Offline litman252

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2004, 06:17:44 PM »
Quote from: big medicine
Here is something I have wondered about and never a word has been mentioned. This guy was from the Twin Cities so he was hunting out of state. Did he even have a permit or was he just poaching?

I believe he has had a license every year since 2000.  That is why he is a suspect in the 2001 murder of another hunter in WIS.

Tony

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2004, 08:06:13 PM »
Big medicine one of the wounded wrote vangs back tag number on the dusty fender of the 4 wheelers there at the scene one of the others memorized it that is how Vang got caught.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2004, 05:44:32 AM »
Quote from: jh45gun
one of the wounded wrote vangs back tag number on the dusty fender of the 4 wheelers there at the scene
It be good that four wheeler not spotlessly clean, say Dali Llama. :-)

Offline whodowl

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2004, 05:46:33 AM »
Does anyone out there have a copy of the newspaper article, or a link, to the 2001 killing they can post here?  I would really like to read about that one.  Appreciate it.  Whodowl.

Offline Cowpox

• Contributor
Boy,U never hear about Vang on major media
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2004, 07:15:15 AM »
A couple of weeks ago, I had just gotten up and still a little groggy when I turned on the TV and a news item on Vang was in progress. I am not sure on things like cash amounts, so if you catch me in a discrepancy, just ignore it. Anyway, he bought a 40 acre piece of land in Kenebec county in Minnesota a couple of years ago. He bought it for around $70,000, contract for deed, with $11 - 1200 payments. They were talking to a neighbor who's land bordered on Vang's. He said the 40 acres was too brushy to hunt in, so Vang and his many buddies were always rattling by his place on their way to hunt elsewhere, and there were a lot of complaints about them trespassing on peoples land. This guy had seen Vang crawl through the fence onto his dad's land on three occasions and had asked him nicely to leave, which he did. This year, Vang's "cultural" (whatever that means) wife had bought two pieces of land that adjoined Vang's forty acres shortly before the Wisconsin shootings. One for $6700, and the other for $7000, with no mention of payments.  Like I said, I wasn't sure of figures, so I did an internet search on "Vang shootings" to see if I could come up with the figures. I didn't, but I sure found a lot of interesting news links on the guy. My personal favorite was one from the Washington Post.  This guy is the son of General Vang Pao, "A stone cold killer", who was in charge of the CIA backed drug smuggling operation in 'Nam.  Do the same search I did, and you can find out more than you want to know about our Mr. Vang.  Cowpox
I rode with him,---------I got no complaints. ---------Cowpox

Offline whodowl

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2004, 07:38:42 AM »
Very interesting Cowpox, thanks.  I don't like the feelin' I'm gettin' about this guy's "huntin' habits".  Just wondering if there are other unsolved killings of hunters, trappers, fishermen, etc in that neck of the woods.  I think it is very possible there is more to this whole thing than a squabble over a tree stand/private property.  Gettin' the impression this guy thinks he has a license to hunt things other than game animals.  Gettin' kinda curious about the 40 acres he bought as well.

Offline litman252

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2004, 11:03:39 AM »
take a look here, there are many links in the thread to more info.
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=112800

Tony

Offline big medicine

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2004, 02:00:16 PM »
Jim,
What is a back tag #. I thought they were talking about his car tags?

Offline Cowpox

• Contributor
Vang
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2004, 02:44:40 PM »
When it comes to making it easy to identify slob hunters, trespassers,etc. , Wisconsin has a real great system. You are issued a big tag with a number on it, along with your license. While hunting, this tag must be on your back. It can be read from quite a long distance, especially with binoculars. Sure helps keep a guy playing by the rules, when you can be identified by number from a great distance. If you weaken, and do something that's not kosher, expect a call or a visit from officials. I think every state should use this system. It would take the pressure of guys that try to be good hunters, and quests. I think this tag is the main reason it is a lot easier to get permission to hunt on private land in Wisconsin, than in Minnesota.  Not to mention, Vang might have gotten away with his multiple murder without the tag.    Cowpox
I rode with him,---------I got no complaints. ---------Cowpox