Author Topic: Are Wisconsin Deer Different???  (Read 416 times)

Offline Lawdog

• Trade Count: (0)
Are Wisconsin Deer Different???
« on: December 19, 2004, 01:20:01 PM »
Check this out;

http://start.earthlink.net/article/str?guid=20041217/41c267d0_3ca6_1552620041217-1726295179

If the link isn't working here is the story;

Hunter Faces Charges for Shooting Llama
December 17, 2004 11:07 AM EST
MADISON, Wis. - A hunter faces two charges after shooting a llama that he mistook for a deer.

John M. Burger was charged with trespassing and a misdemeanor count of mistreatment of animals after he killed a llama named Snicker Doodle Silk that was grazing on land owned by Susan and Kevin Kovacs.

According to a criminal complaint, Burger was on land adjacent to the Kovacses' property when he shot the animal Nov. 9.

Burger told a Dane County sheriff's deputy he was in a tree stand when he spotted an animal grazing about 60 yards north.

Burger said he thought the animal was a deer, probably a doe, and he waited for it to raise its head. It did not and he shot at it. He then walked toward the animal and saw herds of llamas running around, realizing his mistake. Burger reported the accidental shooting to the Kovacs family and apologized.

The trespassing charge carries a fine of up to $1,000 and the other count carries a fine of up to $10,000 and a nine-month jail term.

Copyright 2004 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Just wondering if Wisconsin deer look that much like Llamas?  I mean if they are a close match you could understand the mistake, RIGHT?   :roll:  :roll:   Lawdog
 :D
Gary aka Lawdog is now deceased. He passed away on Jan. 12, 2006. RIP Lawdog. We miss you.

Offline lefty o

• Avid Poster
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2004, 01:44:58 PM »
nope, they aint different. it does go to show that some idiots just dont belong in the woods with a gun in their hands.

Offline longwinters

• Moderators
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2004, 02:26:59 PM »
A couple of years ago a person in Wisc shot a moose thinking it was a deer. . . close enough to shoot it with a bow. :eek: I am glad the Wisc hunters I know are ethical and generally very good hunters.

Long
Life is short......eternity is long.

Offline JPSaxMan

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2004, 04:02:43 PM »
Glad I ain't in Wisconsin  :-D . Then again, PA has it's idiots like every other state in the country. (censored word).  :D
JP

Attorney: Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in
his sleep, he doesn't know about it until the next morning?

Doctor: Did you actually pass the bar exam?

Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding