Author Topic: From a Concerned Blue Christian  (Read 795 times)

Offline Dali Llama

• Trade Count: (0)
From a Concerned Blue Christian
« on: December 22, 2004, 08:09:28 AM »
From a Concerned Blue Christian to All the Other Concerned Christians of Bucks County, Pennsylvania

by RUTH E. MATHENY

Can we talk – the red and the blue Christians? Let me try to understand why you, as a red Christian feel so victimized. I donÂ’t see it your way, you know. So, come with me for a moment to understand my blue Christian view.

Come, I welcome you into my Lutheran church this Christmas Eve to hear the powerful message of GodÂ’s grace, of His Love bending down to earth to give us a Savior.

Come share in the joy, focus on this joy which surpasses all other and lifts our focus from our preoccupations.  It is a faith that calls us to be joyful as we follow Christ in his admonition to feed the hungry, the poor, the orphan. Surely there is too much work in being a voice for those who have no voice, for us to be so concerned about ourselves.

Follow me around in my work as a visiting nurse into the diverse homes of the needy of the city .and sit with the woman who is crying in so much pain as I put an arm around her and ask permission to say a word of prayer for her strength.

Come with me to the Doylestown Methodist Church to hear a lecture by Rev. John Edgar, head of the National Council of Churches, and hear him advocate for the issues of peace, poverty and planet earth.

See Iraq through my eyes as I am saddened by the deaths, not just of our soldiers, but also 17000 Iraqi civilians including 600 women and children in Fallujah  and of course, Johns Hopkins has estimated 100,000 such civilians have died.

Come with me to former State Dept official, Greg ThielmanÂ’s talk at CB West in October  when he revealed that he clearly told Colin Powell before this war that there were no WMDÂ’s. Many State Dept officials resigned in February 02 before the war because they objected to the Pentagon ignoring the advice of department employees who were experts on the Iraq culture.

So my Blue Christian world view sees complexity and ambiguity and I struggle to be well informed to deal with it all. Through it all, I seek to follow Christ and to be open to His love and grace in my life and the lives around me and be aware of His teaching that I give to the least of these I am giving to Him.

So let us, therefore, talk together, you and I our pastors, our committees, our councils, our newspapers, our community leaders.

Come, let's talk together about singing songs of all faiths in public arenas in this special season. Let us talk about the Diversity Day at Palisades High School and how important it is to understand teaching tolerance in the public schools of a Democracy.

Come, let us talk together, work and learn together. Let us be purple for a while.  Let us encourage the people of Denver to do the same in resolving their parade debate. Maybe then, as we talk and as we follow Christ, if we can dare to be open to His presence, I suspect He will show us that there is no time to rest. Surely, He has more important work for us to do than focus on a preoccupation with whether we say Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays.

And blue Christians, together we too have much work to do in social justice groups between and within our churches. Come labor onÂ…

Merry Christmas. Happy Holidays.

And  may God bless us, everyone.

Ruth E. Matheny, Doylestown, PA.

ruthemathe@aol.com
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline Shorty

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2004, 11:52:25 AM »
Turn the other cheek.  Love your enemy.
Study the Quran, learn Arabic, and praise Allah!  
It'll all work out...in the next life!  :roll:

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2004, 01:10:00 PM »
Quote from: Shorty
Turn the other cheek.  Love your enemy.
Study the Quran, learn Arabic, and praise Allah!  
It'll all work out...in the next life!
:grin:  :D

Offline powderman

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2004, 01:27:27 PM »
SHORTY. If I study the quoran, praise allah, and follow islam, there wouldn't be an afterlife,at least one that I'd want. POWDERMAN.  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2004, 05:06:36 PM »
Quote from: powderman
If I study the quoran, praise allah, and follow islam, there wouldn't be an afterlife,at least one that I'd want. POWDERMAN.  
:toast: Amen, say Dali Llama. :!:

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2004, 10:18:07 PM »
This lady is a bit too liberal for myownself, she does, however have SOME valid points which are due consideration, I believe.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2004, 01:52:06 AM »
Quote from: williamlayton
This lady is a bit too liberal for myownself
That be rather surprising in view of williamlayton's political propensities, remark Dali Llama. :shock:  :eek:

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2004, 02:02:00 AM »
Dali-
I am really more conservative than you.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2004, 02:48:45 AM »
Dali-
I am really more conservative than you.
How sayeth thou that, ask Dali Llama?

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2004, 02:58:12 AM »
Because I know what I believe and what I think and, from what I read of your thoughts, which is limited to rabble rousing mostly and is limited in depth, I am more conservative than you.
That is not too say that I think you are a shallow person or not without intelligence. It is too say that you do not really reveal very much of yourownself or your thoughts.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2004, 03:04:09 AM »
you do not really reveal very much of yourownself or your thoughts.
Do that be some sort of crime from williamlayton's perspective, ask Dali Llama???  Dali say this not be some sort of elementary show and tell. :twisted:  :evil:  :x

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2004, 03:21:44 AM »
Then why do you keep it on the elementary level?
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Nightrain52

• A Real Regular
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2004, 04:09:57 AM »
:-D  :)  :-D  :)  :-D  :)  :-D  :)  :D Now thats funny William :D
FREEDOM IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR-ARE YOU WILLING TO DIE FOR IT--------IT'S HARD TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE WHEN YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY TURKEYS

Offline FWiedner

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2004, 06:26:43 AM »
For those who do not care totest your ability to maintain your ability to remain conscious while being bored to tears, let me summarize this woman'a article:

"I, am holier than thou".

Now, wasn't that much easier?

:D
They may talk of a "New Order" in the  world, but what they have in mind is only a revival of the oldest and worst tyranny.   No liberty, no religion, no hope.   It is an unholy alliance of power and pelf to dominate and to enslave the human race.

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2004, 03:02:51 PM »
She does make some good points, but I doan care to sit around a campfire and sing Cumbyya ( or however you spell it ).
I doan see the holier than thou in the pleading, but it is a pretty unrealistic pleading. She would do better to stick to the issues than attempt pity.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline magooch

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2004, 03:27:10 PM »
This woman wants the reds to look at the world through her eyes, but I'll bet she is not inclined to reciprocate.
Swingem

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2004, 01:26:46 AM »
Then why do you keep it on the elementary level?
Blessings
Dali Llama opine that he do not do so. :x