Author Topic: ultra scope??  (Read 536 times)

Offline presdme

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
ultra scope??
« on: December 23, 2004, 12:26:09 PM »
MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!! Anyone have any experience with the bushnell trophy 3x9-40 with circle x ? Sounds like a good fit for my new 12 ultra slug. I have had a 4x power on my rem 870 for years with no problem, however I was worried about eye relief. Any thoughts. be safe and GOOD HUNTIN!!

Offline single shot shooter

• Contributor
ultra scope??
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2004, 04:10:46 PM »
i just traded one off, only mine was a sportsmans series. it was a good scope , just  a bit too big for my 16" bbl .22 that i bought it for
Single Shot Shooter  :D

Rossi, The Best In Workin Mans Single Shots

Offline Chinaski

ultra scope??
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2004, 04:46:47 AM »
My Bushnell Trophy works great on my 12 Ultra Slug -- at the range anyway.  Haven't seen anything in the field yet to shoot at.

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
ultra scope??
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2004, 07:04:23 PM »
I have a Bushnell Trophy scope on two slug guns.  One is my H&R 12GA Ultra Slugger and the other is my Rem 12GA 870.  I liked the first Trophy so much that I purchased the second one.  The eye relief is 3.5" and I have never had an issue with it as far as the scope contacting my face when the gun is fired.  I prefer the 1.75-4x32 scope for slug gun use...I don't need any magnification more than 4x.  Again, that is my preference and I am not knocking a 3-9x32 scope.  That is just more scope than I want on my slug gun.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline 3s3k

ultra scope??
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2004, 03:50:08 AM »
Presdme;

I had very good luck with the simmons 4x32 shotgun scope with duplex retical on both my ultra slug hunter and wing master 870 cantilever nice and compact,needed millett medium rings to clear ush hammer though,one caveat they are being replaced by 4x32 pro-diamond so kind of hard to find the old model number is 21004 about $70+tax at wallyworld
for either model.GL