Author Topic: Back on track  (Read 1171 times)

Offline Donna

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
    • http://www.aeroballisticsonline.com
Back on track
« on: December 23, 2004, 04:04:40 PM »
Talked to Richard this last week and his Canadian order is out in time and he is back doing the regular orders now. That's good news for all. Glad the folks in Canada got there orders.

Merry (religious day) to you-all.

Donna
"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God. James 1:19-20

Offline hunter280man

Back on track
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2004, 11:25:33 AM »
Yup,  I finally got through to him also...I just checked and my order was in on July 11th...he tells me that mine should be done by the first of the year.
The older I get the better I was!

Offline Donna

• Contributor
Back on track
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2004, 12:06:34 PM »
hunter280man - what caliber is your arrival? mine is 6.5 mm.

Donna
"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God. James 1:19-20

Offline hunter280man

Back on track
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2004, 12:31:31 PM »
What one....I'm workin on a new conical for the .410 muzzleloaders....and a couple in the .40 cal saboted style bullets, one is a spire hp...the other a keith hp.    

If memory serves me I have at least one coming for a dish base .451 conical as well as a new .451 external flat punch to make a flat based spitzers using my existing dies.  

A short RBT and a flat base punch for my .429's along with a new tip desighn.

I already make flat/RBT/base guard's in the .451-2...and just picked up some gas checks to play with.

By working on muzzie bullets only I don't exactly have anyone to lean on for info on conicals...so I'm eperimenting on the best dia/knurling depth per style of gun.  (they all vary in the black powder world somewhat) Wish there were closer/any standards.  

I'm having trouble figuring out what is the best dia to make a bullet before knurling it for loading in a muzzleloader.  I know a .451 is quite tight after knurling but will shoot sub moa @ 100+yds....and a .447 loads well but only shoots good out of a undersized bore.  I'm workin on a .408 to see if it works outa the .410's.  If so then I'm in. 8)

Offline Greybeard

• Administrator
  • A Real Regular
    • Graybeard Outdoors
Back on track
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2004, 01:45:25 PM »
Merry (religious day) to you-all.

What in the world does that mean???????

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises

Offline bullet maker

• A Real Regular
Back on track
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2004, 03:44:31 PM »
My thoughts exactly Greybeard :-D  :-D ?????????????

bullet maker :D
I like to make bullets, handload, shooting of all types, hunting, fishing, taking pictures, reading, grandchildren, 4 wheeling, eating out often.

Offline Donna

• Contributor
Back on track
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2004, 08:23:16 PM »
BG and Bullet Maker, :D

It is to include people of other religious backgrounds than yours or mine. No one lives in a vacuum and not everyone believes in a Christmas or even a God. People that their god is money can put in parentheses “Merchant Retailers Day” if they choose too.

Simply a happy greeting to all and to all a good night.

Donna :wink:

Offline bullet maker

• A Real Regular
Back on track
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2004, 11:19:01 PM »
Hey Donna :D
   This is the most important holiday of the year period. Jesus, birth is celebrated on this day. Its MERRY CHRISTMAS, and if people want to get offended, then let them go back to where ever they came from.
   I can grantee you that if your in another country, and whatever their holiday is, they dont leave in the blank for you to fill in. I realize that your in one of the most anti-gun state in the union, and that its so liberal, its unbelievable, but dont play in their hands. I`m personnel offended by what you posted.

Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year.
bullet maker :D
I like to make bullets, handload, shooting of all types, hunting, fishing, taking pictures, reading, grandchildren, 4 wheeling, eating out often.

Offline hunter280man

Back on track
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2004, 06:37:45 AM »
I must admit It raised my eybrow a bit...I wouldn't say I was wounded over it but it is CHRISTMAS DAY and thats just the way it is folks. :-)   (no offense ment Donna)

I spent the last several months workin down near Ann Arbor/Portage area.     Thats just about as liberal of a area that we have up here in the Great White North.  :x   That was enough!   Every police agency down there is telling the people how bad our gun rights are....politicans say that gay marriages should be allowed but no words like "In God We Trust" should be spoken.   Guess that my beliefs are now extinct and I'm in the minority now.

I make no excuses for my friends and family members that have differences of oppinion/lifestyles other than mine....we simply keep it to ourselves.  One thing is quite evident around our family Christmas table...(mom house)....we don't pretend it doesn't exist....and we don't push our beliefs on each other either.     Very simple philosophy to me.  We each say as we will and no one takes offense...including a few fun loving jokes.

Offline Donna

• Contributor
Back on track
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2004, 06:08:01 PM »
Hay folks, it was meant mostly as both a greeting and a joke. I celebrate Christmas, but as for this day as the day of his birth is probably not correct and we are also a few years off too, according to biblical scholars. For those that got personally offended I will give a special prayer for you, that God fill your hearts with love, compassion, and understanding for others, because being offended like you are and saying, “go back to where you came from” is not a very Christian like attitude. Don’t you realize that Jesus Christ was and is the most liberal person that has ever been born on earth? Give up your hatred and the better then thou attitudes and let the Holy Spirit flow through you to minister to all us sinners and heathens. For love one another as I (Jesus Christ, God Almighty) have loved you (you personally, me, and them that worship other gods). I don’t care where a person is coming from or what god they are worshiping; I will even love them that hate me so that Christ can work his wonder in them. And it is not playing into the liberal’s hands; it is playing into Jesus Christ hands. But some people have so much hatred in your hearts that you use what you want from the bible and God and throw the rest away to suit your own convenience not God’s. You want to celebrate Christmas, Jesus birth, think very carefully why he came and for whom he came. That is the good news, and it is to be shared with all.

Donna

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Pulaski Coehorn Works
Back on track
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2004, 03:14:14 AM »
Donna -

DRIVE ON!

I for one apprecitate the deep beliefs combined with sensitivity for others.
Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)

Offline Rick Teal

• A Real Regular
Back on track
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2004, 07:09:52 PM »
Donna:

Back on topic....

I hope it wasn't my order holding Richard up. :oops:   I only got a 3 die set for my Series II press and a special punch from him.

Soon I'll be making some .312's. 8)
Hunting is Exciting!  Bolt actions are BORING!!
Don't mix the two!

Offline Donna

• Contributor
Back on track
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2004, 03:33:24 AM »
Probably not Rick, It was for 50 caliber and larger. Hay, how is the Series II press working out for you? Does Richard make his regular dies, which he makes for the Walnut Hill, for the Series II? And if so, do you find that there is enough room between the die and frame of the Series II press. This Walnut Hill press makes me wish I had three more of them and six more hands.

Donna

Offline hunter280man

Back on track
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2004, 12:52:34 PM »
Hi Donna,  last time I talked with Rich he told me they were the answer to the corbins press with the adjustable linkage for loading rifle cases...other than that they were almost identical...?

I'll be ordering one shortly I fear. :wink: