Author Topic: MICHAEL MOORE SETS HIS SIGHTS ON HEALTHCARE SYSTEM.  (Read 1304 times)

Offline Nightrain52

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
MICHAEL MOORE SETS HIS SIGHTS ON HEALTHCARE SYSTEM.
« on: December 27, 2004, 12:48:30 PM »
Well they said tonight MM is now going after the health care system and of course the Hollywood elite will eat it up. This guy is going to step on the wrong toes one of these days and end up in the ocean with a cement life jacket. Maybe he will be exiled to Iraq. :eek:  :shock:  :roll:
FREEDOM IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR-ARE YOU WILLING TO DIE FOR IT--------IT'S HARD TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE WHEN YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY TURKEYS

Offline IntrepidWizard

MICHAEL MOORE SETS HIS SIGHTS ON HEALTHCARE
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2004, 01:04:03 PM »
Train,Ruwanda would be better for him and his health care system--what ever it is.
Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire, it is
a dangerous servant and a fearful master. -- George Washington

Offline Shorty

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2004, 01:33:18 PM »
He's gonna run out of the easy marks one day.  First the NRA, then GW Bush, now the HMOs.  I'm waiting to see him take on the USMC!  :lol:

Offline bigbore442001

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
    • Bigbore's Outdoors.
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2004, 01:39:16 PM »
Most people with some scholarly knowledge realize he is just a propagandist. He figured out early on how to sell a cheap story and repeat the lies often enough to make it believeable to people who do not question or think about things.

Hopefully people will begin to see what he really is. A fat, obnoxious clone of Ernst Gobbels.

Offline FWiedner

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2004, 01:41:28 PM »
:?

I don't suppose it would make any sense to wait and see the product, or to hear what he's got to say before forming an opinion about it...

They may talk of a "New Order" in the  world, but what they have in mind is only a revival of the oldest and worst tyranny.   No liberty, no religion, no hope.   It is an unholy alliance of power and pelf to dominate and to enslave the human race.

Offline bigbore442001

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
    • Bigbore's Outdoors.
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2004, 01:44:17 PM »
Given his track record, I doubt it.  I don't need to put it in my mouth to tell what horse manure is.

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2004, 04:46:57 PM »
Quote from: FWiedner

I don't suppose it would make any sense to wait and see the product, or to hear what he's got to say before forming an opinion about it...

Such an approach would be far too laborious and difficult, comment Dali Llama. :-)
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline big medicine

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2004, 06:11:51 PM »
I'm just gussin here, but I figure it will go something like this. health care is nothing but a billion dollar business, run by greedy hospitals, with MDs that pull in million dollar salaries, controlled by the drug companies. And it should all be free, controlled by the gov. It is all evil and he is going to tell us how to fix it. That about it in a nut shell.

What the stupid MF wont tell you is the reason why health care is so expensive. MDs and hospitals have to carry huge amounts of liability insurance to cover all the BS suites. That it is one of the few if not the only aspect of our lives that has to cover anyone that walks through the door. Doesnt matter if they can pay or not. Heck food and shelter is a basic need of life, but you cant just walk into a store and take what you want, even if you cant pay for it, you cant just walk into a place and make them give you a room and not pay for it. Most hospitals and Md offices eat a huge amount of bills each year, that people dont pay. They can buy beer and smokes but cant pay their bills, for them health care is free, but the rest of us make up for it in one way or another. I bet he also wont tell of the abuse buy the welfare patients, who have the RIGHT to abuse the system 24/7 and not pay a dime. He wont tell you about the advances in treatment and quality of life for patients thanks to the drug companies. He probably wont mention the billions in free meds that the drug companies sample to offices that is used for the self pay/ uninsured patients, who wouldnt get meds otherwise. He most likely wont mention the health care providers that work 60-80 weeks for a 40 hour sarary, that have been up for 36-72 hours or more that are fighting to stay awake and NOT make any mistakes. I for one would like to see his fix for that. But I'm just gussin it will be about the evil empire.

Offline bpjon

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Avid Poster
Who cares what he does?
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2004, 06:20:47 PM »
He is ineffective, and merely preaches to the choir.

He made a movie critical of GM.
GM was doing fine last I saw.

He made a movie critical of gun ownership.
Not much new legislation, and the AWB sunsetted without incident.

He made a movie critical (some say slanderous) of George Bush.
Mr. Bush was just reelected.

He may believe he has an agent of change, but he is merely a symptom of the discontent of a small segment of our society.  "Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."
"Who is John Galt?"

Offline Greybeard

• Administrator
  • A Real Regular
    • Graybeard Outdoors
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2004, 12:01:34 AM »
True his affect is nil but because folks buy the books and go watch the movies or buy them as DVDs he has made a TON of money and will continue to do so because folks will continue to pay for his BS trash. He's never got one red cent from me.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises

Offline dave375hh

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2004, 01:20:20 AM »
bpjon,
You make a very good point and when I thought about it I had to laugh, You are right of course.
   Moore dosen't really have a social agenda. Rather he has found his place at the money teat called the hollywood elite. These morons will shovel cash out to anyone who makes moore's type of drivel. Moore has learned this and is taking them for a ride. The fact that his crusades have failed to effect the entity he attacked is proof that the only reason for their exsistance is to guarrentee funding for the next farce. We've all heard the moronic claptrap the hollywood idiots spew forth. Why would you think they are any smarter with their money?  As we've seen MM can't hurt GM, The NRA, or "W", but untill Hollywood runs out of money they'll keep funding this slob's drivel. I hope someday when he has amassed a fortune of their money he shoves their nose in it by admitting how he used them, maybe that will be his last film.
Dave375HH

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2004, 01:20:55 AM »
Quote from: big medicine
I figure it will go something like this. health care is nothing but a billion dollar business, run by greedy hospitals, with MDs that pull in million dollar salaries, controlled by the drug companies. And it should all be free, controlled by the gov.
That probably be about the extent of Moore 'expose,' remark Dali Llama. :(

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2004, 03:01:28 AM »
big medicine:  actually, the high costs of the healthcare system these days are caused by the insurance companies - basically, their administrative requirements make business managers out of doctors and don't let them practice medicine.  Three of the biggests costs are mal practice insurance, liability insurance and legal fees - it is more than just a tad rediculous.

One significant improvement would be to limit or cap malpractice suits - that would help a lot and drive their insurance costs down to a reasonable expense that doesn't come out of insurance premium.  The other issue is that most doctors are individual practioners or small practices, and they are the focal point of a lot of legal activisits, like John Edwards, who hope to make zillions off impractical lawsuits, which drives malpractice insurance costs higher than the national debt.  

Whatcha don't want is the government practicing medicine, period.

What you do want is for Mr. Moore, that overweight, overanxious, hypertensive, cholesterol ladden, high blood pressure dipswitch airing his 'expose' on the health care system and then being wheeled into the emergency room of one of the hospitals he 'exposed', and hoping someone doesn't , ummm, accidentally step on his airhose (lol).....  Just a thought here.  Mikey

Offline savageT

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2004, 03:10:13 AM »
Nicely said ole' Mikey!
  And I wouldn't mind if the nurse were to "dry" shave that ugly overgrown excuse of a beard with a well-used BIC (perhaps one that had been used for.....wel we won't go there).
savageT........Have you hugged a '99 lately?

Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most.

Offline Sheila

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2004, 04:52:57 AM »
Quote from: savageT
Nicely said ole' Mikey!
  And I wouldn't mind if the nurse were to "dry" shave that ugly overgrown excuse of a beard with a well-used BIC (perhaps one that had been used for.....wel we won't go there).

That nurse had better  have gloves on before touching him.  he probably doesn't take a bath.
[

United we stand against Ovomit.

Offline Sheila

• Contributor
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2004, 04:58:29 AM »
Quote from: Greybeard
True his affect is nil but because folks buy the books and go watch the movies or buy them as DVDs he has made a TON of money and will continue to do so because folks will continue to pay for his BS trash. He's never got one red cent from me.

Thats because those folks don't hane any brains.  Circut City here in Johnstown have his garbage, and nobody is buying it.  Its not a top seller where I live.  Those people are paying for a lie, and I hope  some of those folks aren't  Christians.
[

Offline Sheila

• Contributor
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2004, 05:06:08 AM »
The  drug  companies were told to keep wary of  this fat unbathed slob.  The HMOs have to go, and the doctors should take a stand against  them, not  Michael Moron.
[

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2004, 07:46:00 AM »
Mikey:

One significant improvement would be to limit or cap malpractice suits - that would help a lot and drive their insurance costs down to a reasonable expense that doesn't come out of insurance premium. The other issue is that most doctors are individual practioners or small practices, and they are the focal point of a lot of legal activisits, like John Edwards, who hope to make zillions off impractical lawsuits, which drives malpractice insurance costs higher than the national debt.

I've been in the Healthcare industry working for several hospitals for over 30 years...some small and some extreamly large...and this is exactly what the big buisness...(that's what a hospital is) wants...but I can honestly tell you...that all of the health care crisis stems from the incompitent doctors that have entered into practicing medicine in this country...way back in 1978 when this crisis really began...the percentage of imported doctors in this country was realativly small...and when the Government elected to allow foreign doctors to come here and study...and to pay them from our Social Security program for practicing here for 5 years and then to contiue to pay them even after they went back to their own country to practice for 10 years...... this is when the real trouble started...from the amount of malpractice suits that were filed to the ones today...all one has to do is to look at the statistics to see this...the charts show a meteoric rise in the amount of cases filed...from that time till now...the laws governing incompitent doctors need to be changed...they shouldn't be allowed to move to another state and start over with a clean slate...but until the laws are changed...they can and do just that...

I'm not saying that all of the foriegn doctors are bad ...heck no...but ...look at what has happened since the flood gates were opened...when a suit is filed...everyone...and I do mean everyone...that is involved in the patients care are named in the suit...and that envolves not only the medical staff...but all the way down to the food service workers prepairing the food...

Not all malpractice suits are bad...pure negligence happens...from leaving instruments inside a patient on the operating room table...to amputating the wrong limbs...to death...and with the large pool of shisker lawyers waiting to pounce at their share of a large settlement...it won't stop...but...putting caps upon monetary awards affects those whose lives have been truely destroyed by that neglagince...and I don't feel that is right...how can anyone of us put a monetary value on losing a loved one?????

There has to be a balance on the scales of justice...fairness to all...and a punishment for those only seeking to get rich by tying up a doctor or hospital in litigation...and a punishment...for those shady lawyers attempting it...if there isn't..... and a cap is put on the damages awarded to a family who's mother-father-son-daughter...has been permentaly disabled..or..killed...by sheer negligence...then these doctors and hospitals will no longer fear being sued...and the incompitent ones will remain in buisness...only to hurt again...and the visious cycle will continue...

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline Bigdog57

• Avid Poster
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2004, 05:20:15 AM »
Reading these posts, y'all have caused me to find a new appreciation for mikey moore (no, he doesn't rate capital letters!).  It's hard to believe that a man will go to such lengths to become the most despised and reviled human on earth.
But, I now realize that no matter how much we hate the drivel that he writes and puts on the screen, in the end his only victims are those naive UberLibs and lefties who so idolize him and give him their money - he's taking the Radical Left for a ride!  Bwahahaha!
You go, mikey!  All the way to the bank!!     :twisted:

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2004, 09:05:50 AM »
Quote from: TM7
Guess what the most popular curriculm/specialty is in today's law schools?

Dali Llama say okay, he give up; what it be? :?

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2004, 09:45:14 AM »
The reason medical costs are so high in the USA is because alot of people are making alot of money in the industry and its support and spinoff industrys.

The only people getting rich off this industry...are those bilking Medicare out of Millions of dollars...and the Insurance industry...yes..that's right...the insurance industry...all one has to do is to check on the main insurers income to see that...how many highrise towers do they really need to run the company...ehh??? It's all about corporate greed...and if they can get legislation passed so that they do not have to pay out...they will make even more...do you honestly believe that they will reduce rates???? I think not...no matter what smoke screen they put out...they would lose money if they did that...and they aren't in buisness to lose money... Sure there are other industries that are suppliers in one form or another to the health care industry as a whole...but they aren't the ones who really profit...when a small hospital or clinic has to close it's doors due to finacial woes...

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline big medicine

• Contributor
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2004, 05:35:41 PM »
The insurance companies a f-en joke! I can tell you from experiences on a daily basis it is difficult to get any thing done. You try to do the RIGHT thing for the patient and it is like urinating up a rope! They wont pay for this MRI, they wont pay for this medication, they wont pay for this test, they wont pay for physicial therapy, they wont pay for......well you get the point. If I ordered a test or denied a test or procedures, or meds based on the fact that I would make more money by doing this, it is a crime. Yet these SOBs do it every day and it is called free enterprise. They want to pull the strings from behind the curtin leaving my a$$ out to dry. I wont play their games. I document who I talked to and the fact they want to practice medicine with out ever seeing the patient. They can KMA! I get paid the same every 2 weeks. It doesnt matter if I order 50 MRIs or none. I bet I spend about 15-20 hours a week wasted trying to call this ahole or that ahole trying to get stuff done for patients. AND it is time that I dont get paid for. If I were a lawyer I could charge $150.00 an hour, but our time is worth nothing. You should try being responsible for things you have no control over. For instance you get some idiot that was driving drunk, no seat belt, crashes his car and comes in looking humpty dumpty gone through a meat slicer. And you have to put him back together again, with a few parts missing. If humpty dumpty and his lawyer dont think he lookes better that he did before his mishap, guess whos fault that is? Gee that must be worth about 30 million dollars. Lawyers and insurance companies are huge problem.

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2004, 01:21:27 AM »
Quote from: Dali Llama
Guess what the most popular curriculm/specialty is in today's law schools?

Dali Llama say okay, he give up; what it be? :?

Hint:  TM7 suggest Dali Llama begin asset protection program at honorable home monestary.....
:shock:  :eek:  :eek:  :shock:

Offline big medicine

• Contributor
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2005, 07:07:00 AM »
TM7,
You wouldnt be the first to go out of business because of insurance. It is a joke. they get to say who gets treated and who doesnt, based on money, to me that is a crime. Just because it is legal doesnt mean it is right. I do believe that a Gov run health care system would be even worse than what we already have. One need only look at the VA system for that answer. I had a guy with a brain tumor that I was trying to get the VA to see because he didnt have insurance, and wanted to go through the VA. After 3 days of calling and the run around I was no further than when I started. I went through the regular hospitals and had him taken care of in about 10 minutes with one phone call. I think people need to realize that health care is not free, just as freedom is not free. We often times get what we pay for. BUT the system needs to be changed, insurance companies need to be liable if they want to call the shots. And people should not get to sue just because the out come was not perfect. If you have crap to start with you should not expect that gold can be made from it.