Author Topic: Best Place For......  (Read 757 times)

Offline Lawdog

• Trade Count: (0)
Best Place For......
« on: December 27, 2004, 03:05:24 PM »
I have hunted Coues Deer twice in the past and the score is; Coues Deer - 2 & Me - 0.  I would like to collect a nice buck, doesn’t have to be a record breaker but the bigger the better, to fulfill my deer collection.  Where would be my best chance to complete this quest?  Any guides or outfitters you would care to recommend?  Lawdog
 :D
Gary aka Lawdog is now deceased. He passed away on Jan. 12, 2006. RIP Lawdog. We miss you.

Offline Greybeard

• Administrator
  • A Real Regular
    • Graybeard Outdoors
Best Place For......
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2004, 12:47:01 AM »
Mexico or AZ. There is a guide I think named Duane Adams???? Who is pretty well world reknown as the best out there. He's the one who started the practice of using high powered binoculars on a tripod in lieu of spotting scope to look for them. Not cheap but from all accounts the best there is.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises

Offline Lawdog

Best Place For......
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2004, 08:18:21 AM »
Graybeard,

Thank you.   :D   I'll start a search for him and look him up.  The rest of you keep the recommends coming please.  Lawdog
 :D
Gary aka Lawdog is now deceased. He passed away on Jan. 12, 2006. RIP Lawdog. We miss you.

Offline freddogs

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
Best Place For......
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2004, 08:16:49 AM »
:D I'd like to hunt them also. My nephew shot an 8 pointer a few years ago in Arizona (where he lives). Is that where you tried it before? It sounds like a difficult proposition to do on your own. I'll lend what help I can if you want. Freddogs :D

Offline bgjohn

• A Real Regular
Best Place For......
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2004, 09:39:30 AM »
Ft. Huachuca AZ. military base and surrounding area.
JM
I know nothing. I am only a messenger.

Offline Elwood

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
Best Place For......
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2004, 12:09:58 PM »
I live in Cochise County AZ smack in the middle of Coues country. I havent hunted them in years (since they are more difficult for me than mule deer) but.... Man I have seen some monster racks on our Coues in the past few years!!  I dont know if Im just better at spotting and hunting or if they are getting bigger. Even the ones we see strung up in camps seem nicer than when I hunted them.
Elwood P. Dowd
Vae Victis