Author Topic: Which scope bases for Model 70???  (Read 406 times)

Offline Enigma

• Trade Count: (0)
Which scope bases for Model 70???
« on: December 27, 2004, 06:04:46 PM »
Hello everyone.

I just bought a Bushnell elite 3200 that will go on my Winch Model 70 classic stainless in 375 h&h. My rifle is a few thousand miles away right now and I need to know if anyone has the same rifle. The reason being that I need to know if the spacing between the scope mounting holes is the same for the front and back mounting bases. I checked on the Weaver website and I guess that some Winch Model 70 have different mounting bases.  

If Zakary ever gets a chance to read this thread, would you mind checking on your rifle, (I think you have the same) and telling me if the space between the screws on the front base is identical to the rear base.  

Thanks.

Enigma  :D

Offline Greybeard

• Administrator
  • A Real Regular
    • Graybeard Outdoors
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2004, 12:04:14 AM »
I don't own one but my recommendation for bases for it are the Burris two piece Double Dovetail Base and Signature Rings. If you prefer Leupold they also make a Dual Dovetail two piece base for the M70. I'd still recommend Burris Signature rings tho even if you just gotta have a Leupold base.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises

Offline dave375hh

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2004, 12:55:48 AM »
The difference between the mounting holes is the difference between a pre. 64 and a post 64. Your classic being a newer model would take the wider mounting holes. The Burris rings will certainly work but I prefer to use Dual dovetail bases and steel rings that I lap myself. If you can't lap the rings(or have it done for you) then by all means use the Burris Sig. rings.
Dave375HH