Author Topic: hey MSP ret  (Read 335 times)

Offline TrapperZach

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
hey MSP ret
« on: December 30, 2004, 04:29:57 AM »
i went to bore sight my gun today with the box trick and when you see the thing thru the barfel it was my nabors satalite for me i see it thru the barrel and when i went thru the scope i coudint get the center of the croshairs on the satilite it was above it and the scope woldint go down any more but the botom line is exactly even with the satilite letter i see thru the barel. shold the center of the cross hairs be on that letter to or what??

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
hey MSP ret
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2004, 04:54:27 AM »
TrapperZ, yes, the center of the bore should be as close to the center of the crosshairs as possible (as exact as you can be). It should
 look as if they are pointing perfectly at the same spot. If for some reason you can't even get close there might be a problem with your scope or possibly the scope mounts, make sure they are the same height mounts, make sure they are seated properly in the cross slot of the scope rail and that the rail is firmly affixed to the gun barrel and flush to the barrel it's entire length. If it is a Ultra 6" rail be sure the additional front screw in that rail is not pushing the rail up wards. If all else fail try reversing the scope mounts front to rear and trying to bore sight it again. It should look perfect, you are dealing with 2 perfectly straight lines of sight with about 1.5 to 2.0 inches differences in height whish you should not be able to differentiate at the distance to your neighbors satellite dish...Any other problems get back and we will try to figure it out. Did this scope and it's adjustments work on other rifles? Can you see the crosshairs move when you turn the adjustment screws?  Try these few things and let me know what happens....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline oneshotonekill

• Trade Count: (15)
  • A Real Regular
hey MSP ret
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »
Zach,
How close is the satelite dish?  If it is too close you will have the trouble you described due to the height of the scope above the bore.  Try to find an object 50-100 yards away to use.

Offline TrapperZach

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
hey MSP ret
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2004, 06:19:40 AM »
ok the problem was on my dials it sayd trun right to go up and i nededto go down so i turned it left well turns out you turn the way it says up to go down. go figure. its about 80 yards now goin to the range soon hopfuly.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
hey MSP ret
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2004, 02:41:38 PM »
OK TrapperZ, that was an easy fix by the sweat of your own brow!!! Good luck at the range and let us know hpw you make out. I would suggest 1 round at 25 yards or so, the another 1 or 2 at 50 if all looks good, then make any corrections you have to and try it at 75 or 100. Try to shoot for group, don't be so worried to much if the shots are a inch or 2 high, low, right or left. That is just fine tunimg, easy. The grouping is what is more important for now, as far as center of the bullseye, just a close group that is small and tight is great!!!!....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley