Author Topic: Swan Creek WMA  (Read 1905 times)

Offline reyn 61

• Trade Count: (0)
Swan Creek WMA
« on: December 30, 2004, 04:15:11 PM »
Anyone hunted there before?

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Swan Creek WMA
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2004, 04:35:51 PM »
Not me. I've gotten a map/permit most every year since they usually have them at the Game and Fish office in Jacksonville but have never made it up. At least I think that's the ones up near Huntsville area isn't it? Swan creek, mud creek and some others. Several small ones all near each other? Or am I thinking about a different place?

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline reyn 61

Swan Creek WMA
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2004, 11:01:27 PM »
Thats it, Swan creek-mallard fox creek. They opened it for bow hunting this year for a month. I squirrel hunted it for the first time this year. Havent seen a whole lot of squirrel but thats typical this time of year.The place is loaded with deer. Ive been hunting 3 times and have seen deer every time including a 6pt that snuck up on me. Lot of duck hunters too. I like the area because i dont have to worry about stepping on the toes of deer hunters. Most of my hunting is squirrel.

Offline squirrel_hunter6

Swan Creek WMA
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005, 07:32:03 AM »
reyn_61,

I live in Athens and I've hunted there a few times for squirrels and never had much luck either. There are quite a few deer in there. There's a rumor going around that someone shot a big 14-point out there but I haven't seen any pictures or heard from any reliable sources. Usually, if someone shoots a deer that big, it'll be in the local paper.
Squirrels are my game but, Jesus is my LIFE!   8)