Author Topic: Winchester 1300 Defender shotgun  (Read 942 times)

Offline Jack Gilbert

• Trade Count: (0)
Winchester 1300 Defender shotgun
« on: January 01, 2005, 06:39:48 AM »
I laid down my bucks for a 1300 Winchester 8 round defense shotgun the other day, and wondered if you folks had some input on this gun. I understand that the Benelli is a fine combat shotgun but they are hard to find in this area and I kind of liked the looks of the Winchester, also the fiber optics front sight. It seems to come up with the comb and drop at heel about right for me, the front sight lines up with the top of the gun well. At $279 it seemed like a pretty good deal. I liked it better than the Mossberg, I like the cross bolt safety better too.

Let me know your thoughts on this, as I read all kinds of good stuff in your forum on self-defense guns.

Jack

Offline twodollarpistol

• Avid Poster
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2005, 06:42:46 AM »
About as good as they get for the money in my opinion. Take care of it and it will do for you. I have never had any complaints about mine. :D
The Lord didnt create anything without a purpose, but mosquitoes come close. :D

Offline Lawdog

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 10:06:20 AM »
Jack Gilbert,

After laying down my money for a Remington 870 that was a hazard I opted for the Winchester Defender and never looked back.  A MUCH better weapon and MUCH more dependable.  You made a good choice.  Lawdog
 :D
Gary aka Lawdog is now deceased. He passed away on Jan. 12, 2006. RIP Lawdog. We miss you.

Offline Tc300mag1

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2005, 02:33:33 PM »
Glad to read people like um i bought one yesterday gonna order one of the m4 type stocks for it .. Tha way it fits mrs better and fits me at same time