Author Topic: Cabela's Legancy Fleece  (Read 611 times)

Offline rickyp

• Trade Count: (19)
Cabela's Legancy Fleece
« on: January 02, 2005, 04:57:12 PM »
the Cabela"s Legancy fleece with wind shear.
You can find them listed in the Cabela's Christmas 2004 catalog Page168 & 169 (pants #le-93-1828  1/2 zip pullover #le-93-1825)

I am thinking about getting the pants, 1/2 zip pullover, and the henley shirt with the wind shear lining. I am also thinking about getting a set of polar weight long johns.

What I want to do is use the polar weight long johns under the Cabela's Legancy Fleece and do away with my Cabela's late season coveralls.

I live in  MD and it does not get real cold. this year we have had the coldest weather we have had in a long time it went down to 8°F  for about a week. The Avg. Low runs about 25°F or so, and the Avg. High runs 44°F or so for this time of year.

has anyone used this line of fleece? how warm is it?  worth the money?
any good or bad you have to say will help.

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
fleece
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 08:44:06 AM »
rickyp, I have not used the Cabellas windstoper fleece, so I am unable to answer your question directly. However we do use a lot of fleece here in southeast alaska. All fleece dose not seem to be created equal, so as far as warmth you probably will need to experiment.

Due to our wet weather I usually use fleece as a layering garment, under a wind and rain proof outer layer, so I don't buy the windstopper version. In your application I believe your thinking is sound. And with cabellas returns are painless if it does not live up to your expectations.

Regards, Byron
Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE

Offline kuduhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
Cabela's Legancy Fleece
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 06:12:13 PM »
I used the Legacy fleece windstopper shirt this past elk and mule deer season in CO. It worked great and I highly recommend it. Kept me warm in several snow storms.  Check the Bargain Cave before you order and they did have some in certain sizes for $39.95.