Author Topic: Picked up TOPPER DELUXE SLUG gun today  (Read 927 times)

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Picked up TOPPER DELUXE SLUG gun today
« on: January 06, 2005, 02:57:20 PM »
That's right I said TOPPER DELUXE SLUG! It's stamped on the barrel. Same black woos stock with recoil pad and nickel receiver as the topper deluxe. I thought it was a topper with a tracker barrel. The barrel has a beautiful porting job. I bought it off gunbroker for $82.00. I can't believe the deal I got. I can't wait to get out and shoot it. It looks like it's almost new from the outsside. The barrel needs a good cleaning. It looks like it was factory drilled for sling swivle studs but they were never installed. The only issue keeping me from shooting it is the elevation adjustment screw is missing. Except for the stamping and porting the barrel looks identical to a tracker 2. Any one ever seen or heard of one of these before?
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 03:34:10 PM »
Markus, you lucky dog you!!! Is it a rifled or smoothbore? From your description I would guess rifled? What a deal!! If you want to make a quick $3.00 I'll give you $85.00 right now, sight unseen!!! Congratulations!!!....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Markus

• Moderators
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2005, 04:24:55 PM »
Thanks but I think I'll hang on to this one for a while. I wonder how generic the screw is? Do you think I could get one at the hardware store?

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2005, 04:27:51 PM »
Sounds like you got a heck of a deal, but you must show us pics so you can really rub it in. :wink:
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2005, 02:04:25 AM »
I deleted this duplicate posting, same as below, it had no delete option (?)....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2005, 02:05:55 AM »
Markus, I think either a trip to a gunsmith would get you a "generic" screw, not the hardware store, I doubt very, very much if they would have it. The best bet is a quick call to Customer Service, I'll bet they would throw it in a envolpe for you for free and would do it today if you called them early enough!!! (ask for John, he's great!)....<><.... :grin:

$85.50?....<><.... :-D

Offline Markus

• Moderators
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2005, 10:11:42 AM »
Just spoke to the nice lady at CS and they are sending me a new screw free of charge.

Offline jeff223

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2005, 11:39:15 AM »
is your new gun a 20 or 12ga?does it have a rifled barrel?

$90.00?

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2005, 01:20:18 PM »
OK, now I'm into the deep pockets...$90.25 and not a penny more!!!!....<><.... :-D

Offline jeff223

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2005, 01:29:36 PM »
$90.50?

Offline Markus

• Moderators
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2005, 01:53:50 PM »
It's a 12ga rifled barrel. I don't think I'd part with it seeing as the porting job alone is worth as much as I paid for the gun.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2005, 02:12:35 PM »
Markus the only thing you need now is a scope rail and a nice Red Dot or Shotgun scope!!!!....<><.... :grin:

Offline Markus

• Moderators
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2005, 03:21:12 PM »
Don't think that hasn't crossed my mind. I might need the info on your smith once I get all of the estate and probate crap taken care of.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2005, 03:28:30 PM »
OK buddy, anytime. I just passed the info on to another member who requested it through a PM. It looks as if there are going to be quite a few 12 gauges around next year with Red Dots or shotgun scopes on them, the turkey and deer better watch out!!!....<><.... :grin: