Author Topic: Replacement Barrels  (Read 554 times)

Offline JPSaxMan

• Trade Count: (0)
Replacement Barrels
« on: January 07, 2005, 01:51:21 PM »
According to the H&R website, I can fit my Pardner Model Shotgun with any of the barrels they have except the 10 gauge shotgun barrels and the rifle caliber barrels. If this is true, I would like to get one of the barrels with screw in chokes. Does anybody know if I can have them drilled for scope mounts? I'd like to turn this gun into a turkey gun through the use of a scope and a turkey choke (instead of buying a new gun). Any info would be appreciated.  :D
JP

Attorney: Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in
his sleep, he doesn't know about it until the next morning?

Doctor: Did you actually pass the bar exam?

Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Replacement Barrels
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2005, 02:04:57 PM »
Yes, just about any competent gunsmith can safely and properly drill and tap any H&R/NEF 20 gauge for a scope rail. Many smiths are not ready or willing to take on the precise and painstaking proper and safe drilling and tapping of the 12 gauge barrels for scope rails. My gunsmith here on Cape Cod does do it and has done both my Tracker II 12 gauge and my 24" 12 gauge with screw in chokes to use both as a deer and turkey gun with either a Red Dot (now mounted and GREAT) or a nice shotgun scope. I would highly recomend him for that work on either your 12 or 20 gauge shotguns (or any gauge) or any other work needed.  Others here have used him with great success and satisfaction and the turn around time is good unless he is involved in some promised work. He builds custom .45's and does a lot of custom shotgun modifications, including adding screw in chokes, backboring, and relieving forcing cones among other modifications. I believe Huntennut was one of those that had his 12 gauge drilled and tapped and a scope rail added. My gunsmiths Name is Ed Gagnon of Centerville, Mass and if you need more info I can get it for you or just give him a call. I would suggest you don't call on Sunday, he is a good christian guy and is tied up most of the day. He is really a great gunsmith, reasonable rates, top notch work and timely in his jobs. If you call tell him I said hello, I have to get by his shop soon to say hello and have my .280 H&R Ultra barrel recrowned....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Replacement Barrels
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 03:24:48 PM »
You can also get a huntsman barrel and can't get a 12ga ultra
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun