Author Topic: new experience  (Read 407 times)

Offline mjbgalt

• Trade Count: (26)
new experience
« on: January 07, 2005, 03:44:00 PM »
i just got back from the range. i shot at 18, 23, 33, and 50 feet, which were their set ranges. weird numbers but whatever.

i have shot guns all my life and am a good shot with both rifle and shotgun but i have been thinking about getting my CCW and bought a 9mm Smith and went to practice.

i shot at 18 feet right where i wanted to, and at 23 i could still put all ten shots into a circle traced around the bottom of a coffee cup on some homemade targets. at 33 and 50 i was roughly the same, a little bigger than a softball. but i am very happy with a relatively quickly fired 10 shot group that size. i found that sqeeeeeezing and trying to place each shot like a rifle doesnt work as well with this gun, it is more me reacting to the gun's trigger and sights and "Feeling" where that round is going to go. sort of like when we were kids and you shot your BB gun so many million times that you didnt have to use the sights anymore and you knew where it would hit instinctively.

i have never been a hangunner. i shot 120 rounds tonight and before tonight i had never shot more than maybe 20 rounds in my life.

so overall i was happy with my performance.

i used a Sigma S&W in 9mm and i loved it. i bought it fropm my cousin, who swears he has over 2,000 rounds through it and never had a misfire or a jam of any kind. i believe it, as it functioned smoothly all day today.

any tips from you guys? is this accuracy acceptable?

-Matt
I have it on good authority that the telepromter is writing a stern letter.

Offline mjbgalt

• Trade Count: (26)
new experience
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2005, 02:25:41 PM »
so what is a good group? at what point will i know i am a "good shot"?
i always like to have a goal and something to "shoot for" lol

what and how should i practice?

-Matt
I have it on good authority that the telepromter is writing a stern letter.