Author Topic: Honda CR-V help  (Read 644 times)

Offline 1lnbrdg

• Trade Count: (0)
Honda CR-V help
« on: January 08, 2005, 09:42:35 AM »
Sat. Jan. 8, 2005

Hi,

I’m Tommy Laing and I hope that you will help me.

I signed a note on a new Honda CR-V SUV in 2002 for a family vehicle.  With less than 60,000 miles on the motor, it failed and I had to do a major motor overhaul.  Yes, I had kept the maintenance up on the vehicle.  No, I did not buy the extended warranty, as new vehicles today should be relatively trouble free through the life of the warranty.

When the motor failed, I said ok, I did not buy the warranty. I did not complain or anything, I just paid for the major overhaul.  Now at 64,000 the Throttle Body (used to be known as a carburetor) has failed.  

This is another major costly repair.  I have called Honda USA and asked that they help me out, as this is not what anyone would expect from a vehicle with the service kept up and this low of mileage.  I asked them to stand behind what they sell.

I have found out that this throttle body has a Honda USA Technical Service Bulletin out on it that “allows goodwill consideration” since there is a manufacturing defect in it.

I’ve gone around and around with Honda USA and the dealer (Holmes Honda) and they said that since I haven’t completely followed their maintenance regimen (oil change with the dealer) and they don’t know me but do know the dealer the were not willing to do anything for me.

Here is where you can help.  The Honda USA contact person is Mike Fenner.  If you will, please call 1-800-999-1009, choose option #1 and enter Ext. #118047.  Please leave a voice mail asking him to reconsider Tommy Laing’s CR-V case.
The more people that I can get to call the more pressure it puts on Honda to do something.

I do not feel that I want something for nothing, just want what I’m paying for.

Thanks,

Tommy Laing
child of the Way

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
Honda CR-V help
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2005, 03:41:47 PM »
Tommy have you looked into what kind of "lemon laws" your state has?  In some states the dealer has to buy the vehicle back from you at full price by law if you have spent X dollars in repairs within a certain period. Try doing a web search of "lemon laws".
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Dali Llama

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Honda CR-V help
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 01:44:59 AM »
Quote from: 1lnbrdg
the dealer (Holmes Honda) and they said that since I haven’t completely followed their maintenance regimen (oil change with the dealer) and they don’t know me but do know the dealer the were not willing to do anything for me.

Dali Llama say that Tommy Laing should possess and present to Holmes Honda his proof of oil and filter purchases.
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk