Author Topic: Mountain Molds  (Read 2380 times)

Offline jvandeu

• Trade Count: (0)
Mountain Molds
« on: February 02, 2003, 05:45:43 PM »
Anyone out there have experience with Mountain Molds? since NEI is out of buisness I'am looking for a source for custom high quality molds....

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Mountain Molds
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2003, 12:06:42 AM »
heard real good things about them. Havent tried on yet but hes working on a couple of designs for me. Rob Applegate makes great molds too. As does ballistic cast. Another good mold that is reasonably priced is the seacos
blue lives matter

Offline sjc1

Mountain Molds
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2003, 12:11:13 AM »

Offline Graycg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (74)
Mountain moulds
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2003, 06:03:13 PM »
I just ordered one, all done via email and paypal, very smooth and easy and Dan the man seemed like as nice a guy in the business.  I'll let you know how it goes when I get it.  

My opinion,
 Graycg
"Secretly you want me on that wall; you need me on that wall"  
 Colonel Nathan Jessup

Offline WAH

Re: Mountain moulds
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2003, 02:43:59 AM »
Quote from: Graycg
I just ordered one, all done via email and paypal, very smooth and easy and Dan the man seemed like as nice a guy in the business.  I'll let you know how it goes when I get it.  

My opinion,
 Graycg

Hi, Just wondering how long does it take to get your mold?
Thanks Walt

Offline hubcap

Mountain Molds
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2004, 10:37:03 PM »
I just received my mold from Dan. It's a beautiful 2C for 500SW. 1C=350 gr. 1C=450 gr. Casts great looking bullets. Haven't had a chance to go to range yet, but can't wait. Highly recommend his work. A real nice guy.  A VERY informative website to boot!!!  www.mountainmolds.com
:D   GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Mountain Molds
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2004, 11:41:57 PM »
ive bought one since this post started and there a real bargin he will cut you a custom mold that you can design your own bullet for not much more then a lyman mold.
blue lives matter

Offline Graycg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (74)
Mountain Molds
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2004, 07:12:00 AM »
Got my mould from Dan and I'm very happy with it!!!  Well made brass mould that casts great bullets, they very well built and the design of the bullet is very similar to an LBT design, it is a 240 grain WFN 358 design, works great in my 358 Bellm and 35 remington contender barrels.  I recommend him very highly.

regards,
 Graycg
"Secretly you want me on that wall; you need me on that wall"  
 Colonel Nathan Jessup

Offline Haywire Haywood

• Trade Count: (2)
Mountain Molds
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2004, 10:51:52 AM »
I bought 2 molds from him a couple months ago, the design I had him do didn't work out like I wanted but he made it just like I asked.  I highly recommend him.

Ian
Kids that Hunt, Fish and Trap
Dont Steal, Deal, and Murder

usually...

Offline 50 Calshtr

• Avid Poster
Mountain Molds
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2004, 06:10:53 AM »
I think NEI is still in business, at least their web site is still up at neihandtools.com.  I know Walt passed away awhile ago but his kids have resumed making moulds.

Offline Sky C.

Mountain Molds
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2004, 10:49:22 AM »
Have purchased 2 and a buddy of mine has purchased one also.  Good moulds.  I will buy more.

Turn around time for mine was on the order of 2 weeks.

FYI-  NEI is back up and running again.

Best regards-

Sky C.

Offline BigBoreSixgun

Mountain Moulds!!!
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2004, 02:00:30 PM »
I just recieved a 2-cavity iron 350FN/GC for my 475linebaugh two weeks ago.Dan was very helpful in designing the bullet to fit the tight throats of the Freedom Arms M83.It only took 10 days to recieve the mold. First time I tested it, I used 5 different loads-10-5shot groups.The average for 10 groups was 1.94''@50yds!!!!
             I will be ordering another one.
                                                               NQuintel

Offline 475/480

• Avid Poster
MM
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2004, 06:40:28 AM »
I have many from Dan at MM,Aluminum and Brass they are well made and cast good bullets quickly for me .
 Sean

Offline jtaylor1960

MOUNTAIN MOLDS
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2004, 07:12:21 AM »
I just got the mold I ordered from MountainMolds today.It took just over one month.I used the online design feature on the website to design a 348win.,255gr bullet that was just a little different from the one Dan listed as a standard design.It looks good, although I haven't cast any bullets yet.Good luck, Jeff Taylor

Offline 45stomp

Mountain Molds
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2004, 10:08:08 AM »
Hi  yall
I have a mountain molds 325gr LFN style for 45LC works great and took about a month to get it (in Canada I.E. Soviet Kanuckistan) I would highly recommend one. Drops bullets well and the overall quality is better than any others I have used in my limited casting experience. Drops black bears well to. :wink:

Offline LAH

• Contributor
Mountain Molds
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2004, 04:09:23 PM »
I've had two through the shop. The first had a cavity that was off center and wouldn't release the bullet. Dan replaced the mould with another and even changed the design a little all at no cost to the customer. I've cast maybe 50 pounds of bullets with the new mould and it makes a good bulllet though there is a tool mark on one of the driving bands. I haven't received a shooting report yet.
Joshua 1:9