Author Topic: Anyone Here A Musician?  (Read 17613 times)

Offline BamBams

• Trade Count: (0)
Anyone Here A Musician?
« Reply #330 on: March 12, 2005, 02:59:22 PM »
So it looks like you have about a month or more to wait?  It will go by fast.  Which sax are you getting again?  

I am having a real challenge with this phrase on the song I'm learning.  It goes from high C# to high E to high G# to high A, and finally to high F#.  A few 16th notes mixed in there too!  I am getting closer to nailing it every day though.  Hopefully, I'll have one, very beautiful recording to share with you guys in another week or so.  I am definitely recording this one - especially after all the work I'm putting into it.
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline Curtis

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (65)
Anyone Here A Musician?
« Reply #331 on: March 12, 2005, 03:25:55 PM »
Bullet Maker: welcome to the music club!! LOL  Share that talent, don't keep it to yourself!!

Fish and Bams: "for Bb tenor sax 'C' " DOH, I knew that, boy I must have been tired, thanks for clearing that up, Fishman.  As far as tuning, I just listen as I play with the group.  I'm usually compensating so much with my embouchure for this leaky horn anyway.  If I find I'm sharp or flat over all, I'll adjust.  Usually when I'm out of tune it is the result of a cold horn and If I adjust, then I'd just be un-adjusting a bit later when the horn warms up.  Oh and if I'm playing by myself, I don't worry about tuning (I know that's not technically correct, but hey!).  Oh, and I don't have a keyboard unless you count the piano that I don't play (and it is probably out of tune anyway).

Fish, sorry your altissimo G turned out to be F# LOL.  Believe it or not, I've never been interested in playing in that realm.  I love it when someone good does it, so I don't know why.  Congrats on your upcoming purchase.  I would like a soprano, but I've got to get this alto fixed before I even think about another horn.  I would really love to get my hands on  bari.  I called around about renting one during Christmas because I had a specific idea for our candle light service at church.  Nobody rents them since the rental outfits are geared toward the needs of students.

Bams I use a Vandoren 2 1/2, but I have no idea if that is the best reed to use or not.  Like I mentioned previously, you guys are more well versed than me in that aspect.  If you have any suggestions for me, be sure to speak up.

Curtis
Lord, please help me to be half the man my dogs think I am.

Contender in 17 Rem, 22lr, 22k Hornet, 223 Rem, 256 WM, 6TCU, 7TCU, 7-30, 30 Herrett, 300 Whisper, 30-30 AI, 357 mag, 357 Herrett, 375 JDJ, 44 mag, 45/410..... so far.

Offline BamBams

Anyone Here A Musician?
« Reply #332 on: March 12, 2005, 03:42:30 PM »
Yes, that keyboard does count!  It doesn't matter if you use it or not, just so long as you have one there.

I have a few, brand new Vandoren ZZ #2.5s here if you want them for nothing.  They are too stiff for my mouthpiece.

A 2.5 Vandoren should be the perfect size for your mouthpiece.  Rather than going into extreme detail on the physics behind it all, you somehow managed to get the right size reed.  Of course, players and embouchures are a bit different, so allow about half size either way.  A #2 Vandoren could probably work well for you also with that mouthpiece, but a #3 would probably be too stiff.  You probably already know this anyway from experience.

My first sax instructor used to tell me that the more experience a player has, the stiffer the reed should be.  I learned that this is total bunk.  I don't know who came up with it, or where that got started, but it's a fact that the mouthpiece really determines to best size reed to use.  You can look at the pros, and they are still using #2s and #2.5s.  A few will use a #3, but they have the mouthpieces for it.
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline Curtis

• GBO Supporter
Anyone Here A Musician?
« Reply #333 on: March 12, 2005, 04:06:43 PM »
Bams, sure I'll take them.  That should keep me in reeds for another five years or so.  LOL The reed I'm playing on is so old I could not read the number, but it is the same as my backup reed that I checked.  What are your thoughts on the ZZ versus traditional?

Thanks,
Curtis

Contender in 17 Rem, 22lr, 22k Hornet, 223 Rem, 256 WM, 6TCU, 7TCU, 7-30, 30 Herrett, 300 Whisper, 30-30 AI, 357 mag, 357 Herrett, 375 JDJ, 44 mag, 45/410..... so far.

Offline JPSaxMan

Anyone Here A Musician?
« Reply #334 on: March 12, 2005, 04:36:57 PM »
Bams,

I hope it'll be about three weeks. A month or more is an extra week or two that I don't wanna wait  :) . I'm getting the Selmer LaVoix. I don't think Curtis saw it so I'll post it here again. Curtis, this is the alto version. I can't find a pic of a LaVoix tenor. This is the best I can do.

LaVoix in French means "The Voice". It has the Selmer Paris features on it (the one thing I'm hoping it has is the "S" engraved and colored into the neck that all the Paris horns have), but it's made in the USA. Composed of red brass, giving it a warmer sound. Well, yellow brass, injected with 85% copper as opposed to 60% or 70% found in most horns. Yea!!

I'm getting Vandorens with this puppy. I've always had luck with them. I think Vandorens might be a bad idea for the clarinet. I really have to work them in before I can get up to altissimo D on clarinet. Oh Lord, nothing like hearing a clarinet squeak up at that D. I use the Hempke's on alto. I've said that so many times you fellas eyes are prolly bleeding out.  :-D

Curtis, I was just being a buthead and thought I was playing altissimo G. I was intending on playing altissimo F#, just got mixed up is all :? . Oh yea, I'm definetly dying for my new horn. My old tenor I've now come to the conclusion has a leak somewhere within the horn. Have yet to find it, but I'm sure I will eventually  :roll: .  :D
JP

Attorney: Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in
his sleep, he doesn't know about it until the next morning?

Doctor: Did you actually pass the bar exam?

Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding

Offline Curtis

• GBO Supporter
Anyone Here A Musician?
« Reply #335 on: March 13, 2005, 02:13:12 AM »
I think my leaks are at numerous pads.  I just have too many notes that are hard to blow.  The lower register is particularly difficult and I can foget anything below about low D unless I bark it out to get it started.  I was really surprised the low E behaved on my HGTA recording.  I really need to get it overhauled, I'm tired of working this hard for the notes.

Curtis

Offline BamBams

Anyone Here A Musician?
« Reply #336 on: March 13, 2005, 03:24:10 AM »
Fish,

Ahhhh.....that's right!  Now I remember.  I bet you're really going to like that horn.  I just can't wait to hear what it sounds like.

Curtis,

I don't know if you are aware of this or not, but an instrument tech can run a leak light through the sax and just change out the pads that are causing the problem.  It might be just a pad or two that is needed, or it might just need some minor adjustments.  Just about any good music shop can do this type of work.  You may wind up spending less money than you think?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that there's no need for complete overhaul if it's only a couple things that need fixin'.  If you are super nice, they may even give you a loaner horn while your's is being fixed.  I had this done for me once.  I wound up playing an old, student, Armstrong for about a week.
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline JPSaxMan

Anyone Here A Musician?
« Reply #337 on: March 13, 2005, 04:22:09 AM »
Yea I can't wait either  :) .

Curtis, ditto as to what Bams said. On the other hand, you could always buy the pad repair kit and the light mentioned off of WWBW.com and do it yourself. But, why not just take it to a real nice proffesional?

Haha, speaking of proffesionals it was pretty funny. The guy who did our taxes yesterday was tellin us about this fella, who spent about $60-$70 dollars on that new TurboTax, to do his taxes. Well, he still ended up coming to H&R Block just to make sure it was done right  :)  :-D . Then he talked about his one friend who tried to do it himself :eek: . Took him a month and a half and he still had no clue where he was. Guy said to him, "Why don't you just come on over here and I'll take a look at them". He didn't refuse that offer :lol: .

I'm counting the days now. All I have to do is send the papers up to H&R Block on Monday, refund check according to him, should be in around April 1st. Then if the check takes 2-3 days out to Indiana, then a day to clear, then 10 days for the horn. So it might be longer than I expected, but oh well. Hopefully I'll have it before the 2nd week of April. We will see... :D
JP

Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding

Offline BamBams

Anyone Here A Musician?
« Reply #338 on: March 13, 2005, 04:39:13 AM »
Getting a new sax on April Fool's Day eh?  hehehe
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline JPSaxMan

Anyone Here A Musician?
« Reply #339 on: March 13, 2005, 04:51:52 AM »
Naw, just the refund check. And that might be worse :eek:  :-D
JP

Offline BamBams

Anyone Here A Musician?
« Reply #340 on: March 13, 2005, 06:05:54 AM »
HOW TO PLAY THE SAXOPHONE

First things first. If you're a white guy you'll need a stupid hat, the stupider the better, and preferably a beret. Sunglasses are optional, but all the really really good players wear them, especially indoors. You'll also need some "gig shirts" -- Hawaiians are good, in a pinch anything with a loud floral pattern is acceptable, as are T shirts from various jazz clubs and festivals. The good thing about the latter is that you can get them mail order, so you don't have to go to all the trouble of actually seeing live music. And sandals are an absolute must, even in winter.

Once you've assembled the proper attire you can begin practicing. One of the most important things about playing is being able to convey emotion to the audience. This you do through various facial expressions. The two emotions you'll need to convey are (1) rapture slash ecstasy and (2) soul wrenching pain and sadness (i.e., the blues).

You may find it useful in the beginning to borrow a page from the method acting school. So, for example, to convey rapture try thinking of something nice, like puppy dogs or having Kenny G feed you Armor hot dogs with truffle sauce. To convey the "blues" try thinking of something really really appalling, like ulcerative colitis or Alec Baldwin.

You should practice your facial expressions in front of a mirror at least two hours per day. You may feel a little stupid at first, but you'll never get the chicks if you don't jump around on stage like a monkey with your face all screwed up like there's a rabid wolverine in your colon, believe you me. And the bottom line is, chicks is really what music's all about.

Next, you'll need the correct ligature. Some people think that the ligature is just a stupid piece of old metal that holds the reed on the mouthpiece. Well, those people are idiots. Besides your beret the ligature is the single most important piece of musical equipment you will ever buy. Mine, for example, is 40% platinum and 60% titanium; one screw is rubidium and the other plutonium. It makes me sound exactly like Booker Ervin would if Booker Ervin were (1) not dead and (2) on Mars, if (2)(a) there was oxygen on Mars. You may have to spend years and years and thousands of dollars finding the proper ligature, but in the end it will definitely be worth it.

Now: reeds. Optimally you'll want to move to Cuba, grow and cure your own cane and carve your own reeds by hand. If you're just a "weekend warrior" however, you can get by with store-bought. First, buy ten boxes of reeds, 100 in all. Next, open all the boxes and throw away 60 reeds. Those were unplayable. Take the remaining reeds and soak them in a mixture of 27.8 % rubbing alcohol and 72.2 % pituitary gland extract for a period of 17 weeks. Throw away 20 more reeds. Those were stuffy. Take the remaining 20 reeds and sand each one for exactly 13 seconds with #1200 grade 3M sandpaper. Throw away 14 reeds. Those squeaked. Take the remaining 6 reeds and soak them for another 17 weeks, this time however in a mixture of 27.8% pituitary gland extract and 72.2 % rubbing alcohol. Sun dry the 6 remaining reeds for 3 weeks, optimally at an equatorial latitude, and throw away 3 more just on general principles. You now have 3 reeds that will last you several months if you play each one only 20 minutes a day in strict rotation.

Now, you say you just bought a horn. Although you didn't say what kind it is I'd sell it immediately and get a different one. The best one to get would be a Selmer Mark VI made at 4:27 PM on June 14, 1963, serial number 635543. If you can't get that one though, generally speaking the older and more expensive the better. The following brands are good: Selmer Paris Mark VI. The following brands suck: any other Selmer, Yamaha, Conn, Beuscher, Yanigasawa, Cannonball, LA, Jupiter, Elkhart, King, Martin, Keilworth, Boosey and Hawkes, Couf, Silvertone, and Holton. On no account should you play the horn before you buy it: go strictly on reputation and price. If you can't get a Mark VI and need further information, there's some broad in here who's owned every freaking saxophone ever made, Sherry or Sheryl or something, she can probably tells you which one's the best.

You will also need some accoutrements: a flight case capable of withstanding atmospheric pressure of dP = - Dg dz where D and g are, respectively, the density of air and the acceleration due to gravity at the altitude of the air layer and dz is a horizontal layer of air having unit surface area and infinitesimal thickness; a metronome; a tuner; a combination alto, tenor baritone sax stand with pegs for an oboe, bass clarinet, flute, English horn and bassoon; Band in a Box; every Jamie Abersold play along record ever created; a reed cutter; swabs, cleaners, pad savers, pad dope, pad clamps; a Sennheiser Digital 1092 Wireless Microphone; an effects rig with digital delay and parametric EQ; and a 200 watt (per channel, minimum) amplifier and 18" monitor.

It will be helpful if you listen to lots of sax players. Unfortunately, listening solely to players you like is absolutely the worst thing you can do. To really understand the music and its traditions you have to go back to the beginning and listen to every bit of music ever recorded. I'd start with madrigals and work forward. Once you get to the 20th century pay particular attention to players like Jimmy Dorsey and Sidney Bechet, the well-springs of the modern jazz saxophone. In no time at all, or by 2034, whichever comes first, you'll be able to understand the unique be-bop stylings of players like Ace Cannon, Boots Randolph and Grover Washington Jr.

Finally, to play the sax itself, blow in the small end and move your fingers around.
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline JPSaxMan

Anyone Here A Musician?
« Reply #341 on: March 13, 2005, 06:33:33 AM »
:)  :-D  :)  :-D  :)  :-D  :)  :-D  :)  :-D  :)  :-D  :)  :-D  :)  :-D  :)  :-D  :)  :-D  :)  :-D  :)  :-D  :)  :-D  :)  :-D  :)  :-D  :)  :-D  :)  :-D  :)  :-D

Wow. What's sad is...I do have one of the Hawaiian shirts mentioned...and the sandals...omg... :lol: . That's great Bams. Leave it to you... :D
JP

Offline Curtis

• GBO Supporter
Anyone Here A Musician?
« Reply #342 on: March 13, 2005, 07:12:57 AM »
The reed selection process sounds a lot like me reloading for my Contender!!   :roll:

Curtis

Offline BamBams

Anyone Here A Musician?
« Reply #343 on: March 13, 2005, 07:20:23 AM »
ADVANCED SAXOPHONE PRACTICE

First things first.  Quit all your jobs and go on welfare.  You need to get used to this right now because that's the way it's going to be from now on. After you've done that, set your alarm clock to go off at 2pm every day.  NEVER wake up before that, and never answer your phone earlier than 2:30pm.

Okay, on to the technical now.....

Lighting is a MUST.  It creates the proper setting for an effective practice.  You need a red, green, and yellow spot light.  They must be connected to a beat/pulse device.  If you can't afford that, stealing a traffic light works okay, or just go with a blue spot and a smoke generator.  NEVER use a fog machine.  The chicks cannot see your moves below the waist.  This is what they did to Elvis.  Don't let them do it to you.

A few ashtrays, strategically placed around the room with some cheap cigars burning also works quite well.  The versatile sax player must adjust to the lack of oxygen in basement jazz gigs.

Now pour out some blackberry brandy and Miller High Life on the carpet.  Close all the windows, turn up the heater, and allow this to soak into the floor for 14 days.  Pretty soon, you'll be able to play without even noticing the smell, and you'll feel more comfortable and "at home" when you finally get that first gig.

Depending on your venues, you could also need a bubble machine, or some tall candle stands with white 12" candles placed 4 feet to either side of your stage, or a mirror ball.  You don't want to be freaking out when you are suddenly surrounded by all these strange items do you?

Of course, the ultimate practice for a Jazz player is to go out and invite everyone from the local homeless shelter and drug rehab center to come and hear you practice.  They will come if you are willing to throw in some free hotdogs and cheap wine.  You'll get a real feel for the type of audience you'll have when you finally go "pro."  You'll be a step ahead on having your own groupies, and just like a real gig, they will applaud you for any strange sound you can get out of your horn - they will call you a genius.  Watch your audience reactions carefully - somewhere in the crowd you will eventually choose your first manager and your first agent.

There isn't enough time today for me to go into "home studio" needs and the importance of a good camera with a self-timer.  I do go into this in much greater detail in my newest book, "How To Effectively Manage Your Career Even If You Suck."  We also discuss important issues as "Why You Should Pay To Gig," "How To Busk In The Subway Stations," and "Pheromones Coming Out Of Your Saxophone."

Here's an exerpt from the chapter "How To Busk In The Subway Stations":

"so you've played for 8 hours, and the cheapskates haven't put a single dime in your hat!  Don't despair!  Play "Funeral For A Friend" really loud, and then shake down all the pan handlers next to you."

Knowledge is the key to a successful career with the Saxophone.

In the "Ten Stupid Things Sax Players Do" video of mine ($14.95), we demonstrate clearly that cork grease is NOT really Chapstick and things to "never try to hide" inside the bell of your Bari.  It's worth checking out.
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline Curtis

• GBO Supporter
Anyone Here A Musician?
« Reply #344 on: March 13, 2005, 11:43:36 AM »
Bams, now I know why my attempt at going pro failed.  Where was this guide 25 years ago? LOL

Fish, I finally got around to listening to your "Pick Up The Pieces" number.  I bet you were winded after that one!!!  Sounded good.  I played that one (well, the AWB version) with our local garage band in high school at one of our pep rallys.  Man, that was a while back!!  That was my one and only solo until collage when I was given a solo improv bit to do on soprano in our stage band.

Offline JPSaxMan

Anyone Here A Musician?
« Reply #345 on: March 13, 2005, 03:45:03 PM »
Soprano, huh? You still got that soprano? I'll buy it off of ya for $100  :wink: . I'd like to get one soon. I was gonna get a soprano instead of a tenor, but I think I can get more use out of a tenor. I can get one for $300 (Barrington...student model, nuttin fancy) off of WWBW, but that'll be a lil later, especially after I get my tenor (still counting the days, taking the papers up to H&R Block tomorrow, I mighta already mentioned that...but oh well  :P ).  :D
JP

Offline BamBams

Anyone Here A Musician?
« Reply #346 on: March 13, 2005, 04:23:56 PM »
I'll give ya $101.00 for the soprano.

Anyway, now that we're talking sopranos, check out this guy:

http://www.aaronsantee.com/

I believe he's THE best soprano player today.
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline Curtis

• GBO Supporter
Anyone Here A Musician?
« Reply #347 on: March 13, 2005, 04:36:46 PM »
No, unfortunately it was the school's instrument and I have never owned a soprano.  A friend of mine at church has one but she is not really comfortable playing for an audience.  I keep meaning to get together with her for a jam session or something.  Ummm, ya Fish you have mentioned that refund and upcoming purchase once or twice or.............. LOL!!!  I'm excited for you, I know you are looking forward to getting it.  What are you going to do with your old horn?  I know a guy that is used to playing old leaky horns and gets by on them fairly well.  :D If a new soprano is worth $100 to you then a beat up old leaky tenor should go for around, ohhhh ten bucks or so, right?

Curtis

Offline BamBams

Anyone Here A Musician?
« Reply #348 on: March 13, 2005, 05:11:57 PM »
Quote from: Curtis
Bams, sure I'll take them.  That should keep me in reeds for another five years or so.  LOL The reed I'm playing on is so old I could not read the number, but it is the same as my backup reed that I checked.  What are your thoughts on the ZZ versus traditional?

Just PM me an address to send them to.  The ZZ reeds are just a little harder than the regular Vandorens.  They should last longer also, so you may be good to go for the next 10 years.  Vandoren says that they are about in the middle of the V16 and Java.  The tip is going to be a bit thicker than those others.  You'll probably notice a little more buzz in your sound.  Let me know.
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline JPSaxMan

Anyone Here A Musician?
« Reply #349 on: March 13, 2005, 05:19:08 PM »
Quote from: BamBams
I believe he's THE best soprano player today.

I'd like to hear Dave Liebman. Plus, come on, ya gotta admit, Kenny G does hold his own with the soprano. I'm sorry Bams, but I think this guy and Kenny G might come close in a race.

I'll give ya $101.00 for the soprano.

What in heck do you need a soprano sax for?  :) . By the way, I'LL GIVE YA $102.00. Ah sugar, you don't even have a soprano. GGRR  :evil:   :)  :-D

Ummm, ya Fish you have mentioned that refund and upcoming purchase once or twice or.............. LOL!!!

And you bet I will until I have it in my hands. After all, you guys are the only one who I can share this stuff with.

What are you going to do with your old horn?

Bams has first dibs, but I'm sorry Bams. It'd prolly cost me more to send it to you than to do what I'm really gonna do with it; I'm going to give it to my friend who will put it in the hands of some lucky chump (after it's repaired, of course) who was like me when I was that age; young and willing to honk and a horn. Still am willing, just minus the young part  :) .

Keep on jammin guys! I'm gonna try to record something soon. Just haven't had time for quite a while.  :D
JP

Offline JPSaxMan

Anyone Here A Musician?
« Reply #350 on: March 13, 2005, 05:22:39 PM »
Quote from: BamBams

Just PM me an address to send them to.  The ZZ reeds are just a little harder than the regular Vandorens.  They should last longer also, so you may be good to go for the next 10 years.  Vandoren says that they are about in the middle of the V16 and Java.  The tip is going to be a bit thicker than those others.  You'll probably notice a little more buzz in your sound.  Let me know.

How many do ya got? If you got plenty to share, I wouldn't mind a box or two. If you don't mind, Curtis. I'm PM'ing you my address as of now. If you do indeed send me some, if I open the package to find anything but them reeds (minus a new Selmer Series III Soprano  :) ) I'll have to drive my rear end out to Colorado and do sumtin to ya  :)  :-D .

Now this is all of course if there are plenty for Curtis. If there aren't any extra, I understand.  :D
JP

Offline BamBams

Anyone Here A Musician?
« Reply #351 on: March 13, 2005, 05:25:01 PM »
I'll have a recording soon also.  Today, I finally got through that song - even the tough parts.  Now I've just gotta play it about 100 more times. *smiles*

Fish, do you have, or can you get, some Arthur Blythe songs?  I've been trying like heck to find something on the Internet.  I want to hear how my sax sounds when it is played by a pro.  The suspense is killing me.
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline JPSaxMan

Anyone Here A Musician?
« Reply #352 on: March 13, 2005, 05:29:02 PM »
Suspense? Heck, I'm the one in suspense here  :)  :-D .

I'll try tomorrow. Getting late as of now. TTYL.  :D
JP

Offline BamBams

Anyone Here A Musician?
« Reply #353 on: March 13, 2005, 05:29:26 PM »
Boxes?  Nope.  I've got 4 reeds total.  2.5 Vandoren ZZs.  I'll send two to you, and two to Curtis.  Then everybody should be happy.
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline JPSaxMan

Anyone Here A Musician?
« Reply #354 on: March 13, 2005, 05:30:43 PM »
Most definetly :P . All right, 11:30...*YAWN*...
JP

Offline Curtis

• GBO Supporter
Anyone Here A Musician?
« Reply #355 on: March 14, 2005, 12:32:56 AM »
I'll send two to you, and two to Curtis.

That's fair!  I'll PM you later, I'm almost late for work!

Curtis

Offline JPSaxMan

Anyone Here A Musician?
« Reply #356 on: March 14, 2005, 07:17:39 AM »
This should be interesting...the three of us recording on the same reed  :roll: . I made a goof recording, I'm not gonna share it. I'll refine it then share it. But I'm not feeling so hot (ah yes, for once I'm feeling Bams pain, on a slightly smaller scale). I still got the fire to honk on the horn tho :)  :-D.  :D
JP

Offline BamBams

Anyone Here A Musician?
« Reply #357 on: March 14, 2005, 07:31:33 AM »
Fish, just thought I'd share that yesterday I accidently played using a Rico, "Select Jazz" 2m - unfiled.  It sounded horribly stuffy on my setup.  I don't know how I managed to slip that reed into my reed holder, but I'm taking it out of there today.
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline JPSaxMan

Anyone Here A Musician?
« Reply #358 on: March 14, 2005, 07:52:53 AM »
Eh, so maybe the Rico's aren't the best reeds to use? I know, I know, ya can't judge all reeds by one try. I'd be leery of buying them; at least after the experience you had with them. I'd prolly have to go through every single type of Vandoren and every single type of Alexander before I'd get to Rico.  :D
JP

Offline JPSaxMan

Anyone Here A Musician?
« Reply #359 on: March 14, 2005, 04:49:43 PM »
I think Bams attempts at getting me off Kenny G are working. I mean, I'm listening to him right now, but I'm also downloading some Michael Brecker. Got a few Candy Dulfer songs, got one Grover Washington JR, so I'm opening up my spectrum, somewhat :) .

Had a pretty good practice session today. I might record tomorrow, or sometime whenever possible. I ran up to H&R Block with the papers today. I should have the refund check within 2 weeks (the guy said April 1st...I hope it's sooner). Then, as I've been sayin, a 2-3 day mail for the check, then 10 days till the horn is here. OH BOY!!! It's almost time!! But it's almost 10 to 11. I gotta run. I should be expecting those ZZ's in the mail anyday now :wink: .

Keep on jamin! Curtis, I think you owe us a few  :-D . Just kidding. Whenever ya can. Take care fellas.  :D
JP