Author Topic: The "Royals" are at it again....  (Read 807 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
The "Royals" are at it again....
« on: January 13, 2005, 03:25:40 PM »
Poor old Queen Victoria must be spinning in her grave like a pinwheel!

Prince Harry shows up dressed like a Nazi...on the eve of an event where his grandma "Liz" is about to address a crowd of holocaust survivors...

But what else can one expect from a "pothead"...

That royal family is sure " some piece of work".....reminds me of the Kennedy clan...

Each time I see a celebration here that includes ..queens, kings, princesses etc, it makes me shudder...

Our forefathers paid dearly to cast off the " royal yoke"!

Just my two pennies....
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline chuckles

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 03:43:50 PM »
They are a strange group in general. Maybe to much inbreeding? I love British military pomp and ceremony and have always admired the  British military's willingness to undergo great sacrifice and loss "for the Empire". Their ceremonies such as "Trooping the Colour" and changing of the guards, etc are stirring and command respect but the "royals"? I don't think so. :D

Offline FWiedner

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 03:54:14 PM »
I'm thinking that old Vicky didn't even know what a Nazi was.  Way after her time.

As to the costume, people are just revealing what petty, PC whiners they can be.  

If a kid can go to a party dressed as a condom, a devil, a hooker, a giant joint, or a deranged three-eyed monster, why not as a Nazi?

That's not saying that the Nazis need any fond remembrance, but Stalin, Idi Amin, Pol Pot, Mao, and Saddam Hussein all did things just as bad or worse to humans, hell, Stalin and Mao each ordered 10 times as many people killed as any Nazi, but nobody would have batted an eye if the kid had worn a hammer and sickle or a flock of yellow stars on his arm.

It's all just lip-service for the sake of political defamation.

Petty, petty petty.
They may talk of a "New Order" in the  world, but what they have in mind is only a revival of the oldest and worst tyranny.   No liberty, no religion, no hope.   It is an unholy alliance of power and pelf to dominate and to enslave the human race.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2005, 05:01:25 PM »
Fwed....   Not in favor of any of those lame-brained costumes...

AS far as the statement about Victoria...generally that term is used preassuming that the deceased would be cognisant of intervening history to present...

Obviously Hitler was evil as the other tyrants you mentioned...no point in glorifying any of them...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2005, 06:45:11 PM »
Point is the kid I am sure knows better but did it any way to cause a uproar. Then says gee I did not mean to offend any one. What BS. He should have be given a attitude adjustment but then his old man is no better so what can you expect!
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline gino

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2005, 05:48:12 AM »
Harry is a scion of the house of Saxe-Coburg Gotha, maybe it was just his German blood showing through a little.
gino  :)

Offline RIFLERANGER

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2005, 07:09:30 AM »
If the subjects of the crown siezed all the royal assets and sold them properly, the blight of England and Wales would all but disappear.
What a crock of crap that one royal family still controls all that wealth that rightfully belongs to the people and their forefathers.
Screw 'em all and hang 'em high.
Ranger
"HAVE YOU HUGGED YOUR RIFLES TODAY ?!"

Offline IntrepidWizard

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2005, 07:13:38 AM »
Right on Ranger,and who gives a RA what the "Royals"do.
Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire, it is
a dangerous servant and a fearful master. -- George Washington

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2005, 07:37:28 AM »
Quote from: RIFLERANGER
Screw 'em all and hang 'em high.
:eek:  :-)  :eek:
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline Doc TH

The Royal Family
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2005, 02:33:06 PM »
Makes you realize how bright Patrick Henry, Washington, Adams, Jefferson, and Ben Franklin were, doesn't it?

Offline BamBams

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2005, 05:28:59 PM »
I'd have to say that monarchy are pretty expensive window dressing.
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2005, 02:08:10 PM »
O'Reilly was making excuses for him, saying, he's just a kid and most young people know virtually nothing about WW2, Europe or Pacific and know nothing about the Holocaust !

Sorry O'Reilly, That just doesn't wash...of all people, those royal brats should have a clear grasp of history.....it is highly necessary in their arduous task of being "figureheads".

You can rest assured that English princes of the past would have a clear grasp of history Henry, the Black Prince, Edward, Richard, Alfred  etc etc...

Actually, I understand that the royal family are not really Mensa candidates anyway...perhaps they have " worn out genes" and I don't mean Wranglers....LOL

Offline doc_kreipke

• Avid Poster
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2005, 03:00:29 AM »
I don't know if it actually took place or not, but it is my understanding that Prince Chas. sent both Harry & William off on a personal tour of Auschwitz,  conducted by a Jewish charity group.
-K

Offline clodbuster

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
Harry and the rest
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2005, 12:25:26 PM »
Spent a couple years living in the UK and here's my $0.02 worth.  From Charles on down they are all@#$%ed up and rightfully so.  They do not live in the real world.  Never made a sacrifice or had to struggle for anything.  Dont have any basis on which to make judgements about the real world.  They are performers for their subjects who hold on to them because they represent the regal past of England.  Harry doesn't understand what the swastika represents compared to those of us that meet the requirements to be graybeards.  The Royal Family brings billions of tourist $; far more than what they cost the country.  I wouldn't trade places for anything.  Right here in the good ole USA.  Best place that ever was!
Preserve the Loess Hills!!!