Author Topic: Mail order scopes ?  (Read 469 times)

Offline Downwindtracker2

• Trade Count: (0)
Mail order scopes ?
« on: January 14, 2005, 05:55:11 PM »
My old Scopechief went off to Bushnell for repair.If they just repair it,I'll replace it.But looking on the net ,there are some that post  very good prices on scopes,but most post within a believeable range,like Optic zone.

What Mail Order houses that are always "backordered",ones to avoid ?

thx
You can hunt longer with the wind at your back

Offline Steelhead

• Avid Poster
Mail order scopes ?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2005, 12:17:55 AM »
I haven't ordered from Optic Zone, BUT WILL.  I have asked Jon a question or two and has always been helpful. I haven't heard of ANYONE having a problem with them.

I can't tell you who to avoid, but I would suggest Optic Zone. PLUS Jon is a sponser of this site, so give him a yell.

P.S. Is it an older Scope Chief??
Deactivated for behavior in response to a warning from GB.

Offline TheOpticZone

• A Real Regular
    • http://www.theopticzone.com
Mail order scopes ?
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2005, 02:29:11 AM »
Downwind,

I don't know if I am correct, but I am assuming you are from British Columbia, Canada?  If so and if you are planning on purchasing from a mail order retailer here in the US, I just want to give you a heads up to expect to do some paperwork.  By US Law, a retailer can only ship to Canada with the necessary paperwork done, which is an export license.  One thing is that for us to apply for an export license the Canadian customer must apply for an import permit with the Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs.  Once the permit has been optained, a copy must be sent to the retailer so they can apply for the export license.  I know this is all screwy, but this is US Law.  If you have any questions about the process, just let me know.
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com

The Place for all your Optic Needs!