Author Topic: Moderator question  (Read 867 times)

Offline 379 Peterbilt

• Trade Count: (1)
Moderator question
« on: January 15, 2005, 09:17:20 AM »
There are so many forums to pose this question. Not quite sure as to the best place to put it, but I'm dumpin' it here....

How does one get chose to be a forum moderator?

Seems like a neat hobby to me.

Offline Greybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • Graybeard Outdoors
Moderator question
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2005, 09:47:50 AM »
There are so many forums to pose this question. Not quite sure as to the best place to put it, but I'm dumpin' it here....

How does one get chose to be a forum moderator?

Seems like a neat hobby to me.

There are a variety of ways one might become a moderator.

1. Some times a person requests a new forum in the forum for doing that and I just ask them to become Moderator after I decide to open the forum.

2. Some times I have an opening and I just pick a person I think would be a good choice and ask them to moderate it.

3. Some times the current moderator will ask me if a buddy of his can co-moderate and I agree.

4. Some times an opening comes up and I ask for volunteers and someone contacts me and volunteers to do the job.

I'm sure there are other ways folks have become moderators but you get the idea.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises

Offline 379 Peterbilt

• Trade Count: (1)
Moderator question
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2005, 10:10:46 AM »
I see, Graybeard. got it.

Nice site BTW. Daveinthebush turned me onto your "house". I wish like heck I would have found this place long ago. Very good source for ourdoor info. You almost have too many forums. Oh, while I'm on it, would you consider a moose forum?- which of course would be moderated by yours truely. :lol:

Thanks Graybeard,

Future moderator, Eyesore