Author Topic: Burris scope feedback  (Read 1150 times)

Offline jedgreen

• Trade Count: (0)
Burris scope feedback
« on: February 03, 2003, 04:17:20 PM »
I am thinking of buying a Burris scope for my 270 Win and am considering a signature or a fullfield II.  Does anyone have any experience with either line of scope?  What do you think of their quality as compared to comparably priced scopes?  Do you all think that the signature scopes are worth twice the price of a new fullfield II? Any experience appreciated.

Offline John (Rojo)

• Trade Count: (0)
Burris scope feedback
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2003, 05:51:31 PM »
Jedgreen,  I happen to like Bushnell 4200's,  Nikon Monarchs,  and Burris Signature.  I have a Burris 4-16 with the "light collector" feature,  on a Kimber 84M.  The scope is heavy and robust - built like a tank.  It has a nice look to it also.  I like the clarity,  resolution,  and low light capability.  I have been very happy with it.  I found the range finding feature to be pretty much on if I am.  I have a Fullfield ll 3-9x40 on a 308.  Good scope, and it has been as reliable as the Signature and it is much lighter.  I like the glass on the Signature better,  and the larger objective lens.  The tradeoff is the weight.

I'm sure you are aware,  that scopes are a divided issue on these forums (on any forum for that matter).  One mans scope is another mans poison.  I personally feel that any of your better manufacturers build a decent product,  and many times it is the luck of the draw.  I've been fortunate I guess,  because none of mine have ever broken.  I also know that they won't last forever,  if you shoot enough.

Hope this gives a little insite to what you have been looking at.  

John (Rojo)

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Burris scope feedback
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2003, 07:33:02 AM »
I have a Burris Signature 2-8 but have no experience with the Full Field or Full Field IIs to compare. Not likely to get that experience either. Burris now refuses to ship scopes to me for test unless I buy them up front. Thanks but no thanks. I can buy them at the store if I wish.

In my opinion the Burris Signature 2-8 is not even in the same league with the Leupold Vari-X III 2.5-8 which happens to be one of my most favored scopes by the way. Just no comparison between them to me. Heck I'd take the Leupold Vari-X II 3-9 or 2-7 over the Burris 2-8 to be brutally honest.

BUT rather than going with either of the two over priced Burris choices I'd suggest you take a good close look at the Bushnell Elite 4200 and 3200 lines. I have several in both lines and think very highly of them. Haven't had anyone I talked into buying one express any regrets yet.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!