Author Topic: Ultra 20  (Read 616 times)

Offline RodentRidder

• Trade Count: (0)
Ultra 20
« on: January 18, 2005, 08:41:54 AM »
:D Hi guys,  I was wondering how all of you felt about the 20ga Ultra Slughunter.  Deer season is all over here in IL,  but it is never too soon to get ready for next November.  I currently have a Marln 512 slugmaster that shoots like a dream.  But I was considering sending off my sb2 reciever to H&R to get fitted with the 20ga barrel so I had something a little lighter for when I am walking the timber out to my hunting buddies.  Also what kind of scope would you reccommend for this combo.

RodentRidder
Deer is A Rodent!  Right?

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Ultra 20
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2005, 11:28:28 AM »
Rodent Ridder, the 20 gauge Ultra won't be any lighter, it has a HEAVY barrel!!. If you want a light weight slug gun get the Tracker II in 12 or 20 gauge....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline jeff223

Ultra 20
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2005, 11:59:50 AM »
that would be a great barrel to get.i sent and got one and i love it.with the plastic butt stock,pallet wood forarm scope and rings,the gun weighs in at just over 7 lbs.i painted the pallet wood forarm to match the plastic butt stock.this is all i use along with  muzzle loaders and now i have a TC Contender G2 pistol for the deer season.you wont be sorry getting a ultraslug or the tracker II barrel

Offline Flingarrows

• Trade Count: (1)
Ultra 20
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2005, 03:12:20 PM »
i bought one last year, and i love it... but it is not light, as MSP said. go with the tracker

Offline RodentRidder

Ultra 20
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2005, 03:11:51 AM »
Thanks guys for the help I will have to put that on my list of barrels to get.  Those are some nice deer jeff 223 did you get them last year.  I also got two last year a doe and a nice eight point.  I'll have to get a tracker II, bring home some more venison!
Thanks Again :D

RodentRidder

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Ultra 20
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2005, 11:43:09 AM »
If anyone is looking for a 20 gauge Ultra Slug barrel, Deer & Duck has one for sale for a reasonable price...check the classifieds, it's still available....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley