Author Topic: TDC range time  (Read 389 times)

Offline Nixter

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
TDC range time
« on: January 18, 2005, 07:41:55 PM »
Took the new TDC to the trap range tonight.

New gun, lookin' good. Others were interested in the new beauty.

My shooting was pretty awful though. No fault of the gun. It felt great. It's my eyes that I blame.

When I switched to trap from sporting clays I thought it was gonna be easy. The one year lay-off proved that my eyes have changed dramatically. I don't need a new gun, I need new glasses. It's been about six years since my last eye check-up. :(  

Bad weather was a factor as well. Snow, dark and 20 mph swirling winds made shooting terrible for everyone. Dark is normal, flood lights behind the shooting positions are the same for all. But the wind...jeeez.

No more new guns until I get my eyes checked and new specs in place.

One failure to eject was noted, my gloved hand was too close to the breech (trying to catch empty hull) and the empty rebounded into the chamber.

Many shooters asked about recoil. I found the recoil to not be an issue. This after shooting thousands of rounds through my Benelli. I also thought that recoil might be something to consider but it wasn't. I was shooting Winchester Super-Sports, 1300 fps 7 1/2 shot.

Most of the guys felt the Mod. choke was too open as well. I might try to find a tighter choke tomorrow at Sportsmans Warehouse.

Oh yeah, about the wind. On more than one occasion there were snow devils racing across the firing line. Looked very cool in the flood-lights.

Back to the range on Saturday. Doubt if I'll have new specs by then.

Nixter