Author Topic: FN 5.7X28  (Read 574 times)

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
FN 5.7X28
« on: January 18, 2005, 09:23:01 PM »
As previous stated, I have purchased a FN as described. It is A single action Tactical model.
It uses a bottleneck cartridge which is almost an 8mm case, I forget what we calipted it out at.
500 rounds today at 5yards, 10 yards and 15 yards.
The ballistics, by the manufacturer, are 2130fps.
I have no target to post as I took no camera and you boys would not be impressed by marksmanship. I did start to bring the targets in real close and post em as 1" groups but I figgered the powder burns on the paper would give me away.
For the most part they were grouped within the 8 ring or closer, cept when I tried to see how fast I could burn a 10 round clip. That took bout 6 seconds, by my countin, and kept them in the mass of a chest at 15 yards.
This little whizzer was a blast to shoot, far louder than I had anticipated.
The recoil was very light, I have been trying to identify another caliber to relate too, but can't. The recoil settled back into the hand without jolt or snap. Very little flip, felt little shock. My walther .380 PPK produces more muzzle flip, of course this 5.7 is longer. All of this description is VERY subjective, your description may vary.
I may still like the PPK or .38 for warm weather carry as they fit nicely in loose pants pockets, however, I am going to work on this concern as I would like this to become my everyday gun, specially with a 20 round clip.
There is, to the best of my knowledge, no available leather for this new weapon. A Tucker or Alissi of some configuration may suffice.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline strider72

• Avid Poster
FN 5.7X28
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2005, 11:36:24 AM »
I read an article about the FiveseveN in the latest Guns&Weapons for Law Enforcement and it mentioned at least two makers of leather for it...but io don't have the mag handy right now though.

Offline strider72

• Avid Poster
FN 5.7X28
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2005, 12:11:39 PM »
Have you thought about Safariland's Custom-fit holster? You can adjust it to fit your gun.

Offline strider72

• Avid Poster
FN 5.7X28
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2005, 12:15:24 PM »
Ouch...forget I mentioned it...they want $91.50 for it...damn.