Author Topic: cabelas  (Read 1145 times)

Offline kevin.303

• Trade Count: (1)
cabelas
« on: February 04, 2003, 06:22:29 AM »
is their any way to import these revolvers north of the border? the local gunshops have them but they cost an arm and a leg, so even after the crummy exchange rate it would still be cheaper to order from the US.i really want a Navy .44. i think i've read to many Louis Lamour westerns. :)
" oh we didn't sink the bismarck, and we didn't fight at all, we spent our time in Norfolk and we really had a ball. chasing after women while our ship was overhauled, living it up on grapefruit juice and sick bay alcohol"

Offline Dan Chamberlain

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
North of the Border .44
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2003, 01:24:02 PM »
Kev;

I have a friend up there in the frozen north who has informed me that cap and ball revolvers are registered just like centerfire pistols.  Importation would require approval from your government.  You can contact Cabela's from their web site and see if they have exported your direction.  Answers should be pretty easy to get from your computer.  Good luck.

Dan C

Offline Charlie Detroit

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
cabelas
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2003, 03:56:59 AM »
You can also ask Old Tom (Tom Blimkie), who is a Canadian...he can usually be found on the Single-Shot Rifle Forum, the Black Powder Cartridge Rifle Forum, or through his ad on these pages (Tom Blimkie's Nose Camo). I don't know whether he has any handguns or not, but he's a right helpful gentleman.
I ain't paranoid but every so often, I spin around real quick.--just in case
Sometimes I have a gun in my hand when I spin around.--just in case
I ain't paranoid, but sometimes I shoot when I spin around.--just in case