Author Topic: wow iam a happy camper!!!  (Read 874 times)

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (66)
wow iam a happy camper!!!
« on: January 20, 2005, 10:45:20 AM »
guys sometimes things work out like yu wantthem too, i could tell you the whole long story but in a short version i traded for a buff classic yesterday and its set up like i wanted it to be , found it in the local paper couldnt believe it was even listed, all it said was wesson & harrington 45/70 well i go look and sure enough it is , but the guy this guy got it from in a trade  changed the wood out to regular brand new striaght wood stock and got rid of  the BC wood, so i tell him on the phone , i would like to see it ,but i didnt have 300bucks  and he said come on over anyhow and take a peek , also if i had anything to trade bringit along so i throw in 2 mossberg 500's one 12 and one 20  both beaters but solid trade bait so i get there and shes just how i wanted to set one up for myself so we hackle and he finally says ill trade u both guns for the buff , i said hell yes deal , i may have lost a little but to me i gained a lot, just like new buff classic  with the wood i would have put on if i ever  did buy one , soo iam a proud buff owner finally its also gotthe williams peep and a brass beaded blade up front, stuck it outthe back door this afternoon an rang my 18 in steel dong out atthe 100 yd mark , good enough for me hahhah

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2005, 11:48:43 AM »
I sure am happy for you Shaner, everyone should have a 45-70, and a Buff Classic set up just like you want it is icing on the cake!!!!....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline ONE HOLE 4570

• Trade Count: (33)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2005, 12:50:04 PM »
Good job Saner I wish I had a BUFF got the std 4570 what a hoot.
The hornet locked right up & the little fella thinks hes a sniper in the marine core with his scope & all. Thanks again
That's my boy, GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2005, 01:09:15 PM »
:D , OOH Rah!  Cheers for the little fella!!!! With good training like that, some day he may be!!!....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2005, 03:10:58 PM »
glad that barrel hooked up for you, that should be about a perfect set up for a youngster, did u scope it or just opens sights , those sights are good out to id say 75+ yds u knew the lighter wieght barrel would be ideal for him we are handi happy now!!

Offline ONE HOLE 4570

• Trade Count: (33)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2005, 04:32:39 PM »
Kept the sights on it & put a 2.5 shot gun scope on it for now, did not want toomuch weight. He can hit cans out to 40-50 yrds with factory rem 45grs so he is in hog heaven for now, we will get him out to the range one day to see how well he can group it. I'll put a little better scope on it for that but as long as he is a happy camper & keeps his interest up I will always have a sooting buddy :grin:  :grin:

He wants it camo'd like the snipers  I have an old beat up stock set I may have to sacrifice, but I said no to the frame, barrel & scope :(

thanks again :D
That's my boy, GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2005, 06:46:54 PM »
Way to go Shaner...glad you got what you wanted :D

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline Smokin Joe

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2005, 05:49:19 AM »
Now why can't I be lucky enough to walk into a deal like that? I just sent a receiver in for a Buff Classic barrel. How do you like the sights?

How'd the MAX job turn out?
Deo duce, ferro comitante
With God as my leader and my sword as my companion

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2005, 06:50:03 AM »
thanks guys , max  job seems good i only have a few max brass so iam in the market huntinthem , the sights work good so far like i said i can ring my 18 " dong at 100 with it so iam happy, i always wanted a buff but hated the stock drop and that cresent but pad , its a pussycat usein those 350's cast lead  with 11 gr of unigue "boom ----smack they go" thanks again for the reamer , shes avalible to anyone wantin it , sure u dont want it back?

Offline Smokin Joe

• Trade Count: (6)
Deo duce, ferro comitante
With God as my leader and my sword as my companion

Offline tallpaul

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2005, 10:19:47 AM »
Shaner I would like to get the reamer, I am in the akron/canton area.... I have an H&R I'd like to convert  :D  please
Jesus Loves You.... right now just as you are.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2005, 11:43:06 AM »
TallPaul, I'm in no rush at all but when your done, let me know...My .357 chambers .360 DW's just fine (Thanks Deadeye, see you thought I forgot, well who recognized you in the perfect shooting posture buddy!!!) but it may just need to be tweaked out to .357 Max in a month or 2. Thanks....<><.... :grin: