Author Topic: CCW Holsters  (Read 1204 times)

Offline knight0334

• Trade Count: (3)
    • Pennsylvania Firearm Owners
CCW Holsters
« on: January 20, 2005, 12:44:38 PM »
Any opinions on either the Fobus or Houston Holster for the Bersa Thunder .380?

This Uncle Mikes inside pants holster is starting to bother me.  It was the only holster at that shop when I bought the pistol.  ..didn't have a choice.

I'm looking for the spare magazines as well for this pistol.  I'm hoping to score (1) DLX 9rd and (1) standard 7rd mag.  Plus a mag carrier too.
RIP ~ Teeny: b.10/27/66 - d.07/03/07

Offline Scorpius

• Trade Count: (0)
CCW Holsters
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 03:41:42 PM »
Not had any experience with either of those holsters, and I'm in a similar situation as you with my Bersa/Mike's IWB holster combo.  I went to Comp-Tac online and picked up one of their tuckable IWB holsters, and 'viola', what pistol?  lol.  if you want a look at their stuff, go here:

http://www.comp-tac.com/

If you're set on one of those other holsters, good luck to you, hope someone here can help you out.  Best.

Scorpius
Love 'em or hate 'em, guns are here to stay.  Whichever side you choose, please be informed.  
www.nra.org/
www.packing.org/
www.ofccpac.org/

Offline jhm

CCW Holsters
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2005, 03:16:58 AM »
Take a look at the don haum brand, I carry a walter ppk in one and like their brand of holsters the best for me I have several to accomadate the various handguns I carry. :D    JIM

Offline knight0334

CCW Holsters
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2005, 02:39:01 PM »
I'll check out the Com-Tac.  

I cant find any info on the Don Haum brand.

I like the tactical type holsters for CCW.  The tend to be made for emergency draw situations.  Hunting though, I prefer leather western style.

Offline Peddler Parsons

CCW Holsters
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2005, 05:25:27 PM »
I have a SideKick that I used for awhile but now I use the Fobus paddle .
It rides higher and is lighter with a positive grip on the finger guard to hold it in place.  It is the only side holster that I use now other than my shoulder  unit for special reasons or hunting.
Peddler Parsons
SASS # 31281  R.O. II
SBSS # 259
Shooter of the Holy Black

Offline leverfan

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
CCW Holsters
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2005, 06:57:02 PM »
Quote from: knight0334
I cant find any info on the Don Haum brand.

I think Don Hume might be what you're looking for.  Try

www.donhume.com
NRA life member

Offline greenjeans

• A Real Regular
CCW Holsters
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2005, 12:01:03 PM »
I have Fobus paddle type for Kel-Tec, Glock, and 1911A1. Like them all. Paddle type are much more comfortable for me.
Romans 8:38,39

Offline strider72

• Avid Poster
CCW Holsters
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2005, 01:00:25 PM »
Have had five Fobus holsters myself...never had a problem. Carried well. No experience with the Houston ones.

Offline ButlerFord45

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (10)
CCW Holsters
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2005, 01:29:32 PM »
I tried the plastics for the better part of a year, they did what they said they'd do.  I have no leigtimate complaint with them, I just didn't like them.  I found a Galco "Concealable High Ride Belt Holster" last weekend and have been using it since, so far I like the leather MUCH better, I'm not kidding myself about it holding it's shape as long or having the service life of the plastics but it's a whole lot more comfortable for this fat boy!!
Butler Ford
He who does not punish evil, commands it to be done.-Leonardo da Vinci
An armed society is a polite society-Robert A. Heinlein
Only the dead have seen the end of war- Plato
Lord, make my words as sweet as honey
tomorrow I may have to eat them- A lady's sweatshirt

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
CCW Holsters
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2005, 08:07:28 AM »
I'm a big fan of Lou Alessi's work...Check out the Hideout Holster he did for my S&W 6904.  This holster is totally comfortable and easy to wear.  I can even drive my Jeep without a problem...You hardly even know it is there.

You can check out his other work at the following site...
http://www.rfholsters.com/rfholsters/dept.asp?dept%5Fid=10
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline Ron T.

• A Real Regular
CCW Holsters
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2005, 03:56:35 PM »
When you’re in a car in Ohio, even if you have an Ohio CCW Permit, you must either lock the gun in the glove box or have it in a locked container… or you must wear it in such a way that it is easily visible to any police officer as he walks up to your driver’s window.  I.E., it CAN’T be “concealed” on your person in a vehicle.

I have been locking my Kel-Tec P3AT (.380 ACP) in the glove compartment of my car every where I went.  This not only irritated me, but sometimes I forgot to lock the glove compartment (a felony in Ohio)… and more than once, I forgot to get the gun out of the locked glove compartment and take it with me.

I solved that problem today… I bought an Uncle Mike’s #10 Ankle Holster.  But rather than put it on my ankle, I place it on my left forearm with the little pistol in it.  It’s handy, yet legal… and I can adjust the Velcro to any size I want.

This works perfectly... and provides me with quick & easy access to the pistol while remaining perfectly legal.

Strength & Honor…

Ron T.
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."  - Thomas Jefferson

Offline knight0334

CCW Holsters
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2005, 03:37:49 AM »
Thanks for the input guys!

I picked up Fobus holster and single mag carrier for my 1911A1.  The shop didn't have anything for my Bersa.  I'm still gonna read up on all suggestions that you guys provided.

Offline dgkenned1

CCW Holsters
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2005, 11:19:17 AM »
ron t. in ohio,
do i understand you correctly; when in your car, even if you have a   cwp, you have to conceal it in plain site (or have it locked away). sounds like you may have some crackheads in the statehouse! that uncle mike's ankle holster for the kel-tec p-3at is a good one, with that 7.2 oz. gun and light holster material, you don't even feel it on your ankle (or arm).
thanks,
dave.